Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #16
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Be happy for the snakes. They are what keep the rat population under control.

I think I would have rather seen a snake outside than the cockroaches (yes cockroaches, not palmetto bugs) we had in our fridge cabinet at CBR t his past December. I just drank my pop warm after that.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #17
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

It's really easy for those snakes to get to any floor at the outdoor resorts. So don't think you are safe from them just because you are on the second or third floors!

I don't mind snakes at all.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

a few years back we were at POP century and while I was in the pool ..a very loving young couple...were smooching and all of a sudden she started yelling and trying to get out of the pool...I looked at them and she was yelling snake...SO I got my eyes on the critter and ran as fast as my legs could against the water and got to the steps...my husband was on the walkway and saw it and got the lifeguards attention..they whistled and told people to get out of the pool...some were not understanding English so My husband went and motioned to them to get out...
The manager of the resort came with a long long pole and a net and got the yucky stinking long and slimey snake out of there...after that I looked before I swam..it was a harmless black snake I think they said...

THEN there was on in Epcot close to Japan's walk way and I DID the YELLING>..and some man said that is not a snake ..its a legless lizard...of course when I got home I googled that up..
BUT anything that slithers like a snake and looks like a snake ..is a snake to me..

Almost forgot...I am a female huntress and I hunt deer, moose and black bear....but that does not scare me...but I see a mouse or a mole, or a spider or snake and I am done for...ewwwwwwww

Last edited by pumba; 02-05-2013 at 08:18 AM.
pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

A few years ago, a DIS-er recounted how her young son was bitten by a snake I believe at CBR. He was deathly ill and hospitalized for quite a while.
I loveStitchnippyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #20
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
We've seen snakes at wdw before. No big deal for dh or myself we aren't afraid of snakes. Now the giant jumping spiders in Dom Rep, THAT still gives me nightmares.
Ugh! Cross Dominican Republic off the list....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #21
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

I was walking to the food court at ASMu and an armadillo walked out the bushes 2 feet in front of me & moseyed across to the bushes on the other side. It was cool!

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #22
chefmb
DIS Veteran

In December, my DH and I had just finished watching the acrobat show at China. As we were leaving, I glanced at one of the big cement pillars and there was a snake (orange coloring) slithering up the pillar. I heard someone say, "That looks like it could be a nasty one!" It was dusk, so I couldn't get a really good look at the coloring and I really didn't want to stick around too long I grew up with pet snakes (not mine---2 of my brothers loved having snakes as pets), but this was no garter or black snake.
chefmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #23
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Heck I tryed to catch one in the gift shop at the Americian pavilion in Oct 2012. The cashier called a supervisor and he and I tried to catch it but it slither behind a merchadise stand. My DH came in the store and wondered what I was doing.. I said I was doing a little snake wrangling.

What about the alligator in the ladies bathroom at MK. Yep that where they hang out.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #24
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer

I was at Winter/Summerland mini golf a few years back and a large black snake slithered across the path in front of me. It was heading into one of the lg "winter figurines" on the mini golf course. Not being a snake lover I froze in my tracks for a good 5 minutes before moving on. Luckly no one was waiting behind me I was very cautious from then on and I looked into the hole cup everytime BEFORE sticking my hand into that hole to retrieve my ball!!!
mtfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #25
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post

I am way more afraid of rats than snakes but to be honest I really don't want to see either

I went to the car one night to get something out of the glove box while we were staying at CSR. What comes wandering out of the bushes but.. an armadillo! While it was kind of neat, I do prefer a little more distance between myself and the local wildlife.
We have seen an armadillo too, in the parking lot at ASMu!

We also saw a snake at the Poly.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #26
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Be happy for the snakes. They are what keep the rat population under control.

I think I would have rather seen a snake outside than the cockroaches (yes cockroaches, not palmetto bugs) we had in our fridge cabinet at CBR t his past December. I just drank my pop warm after that.
Ugh.. I forgot about the cockroach. We were sitting outside of Ghiradelli on that little stone wall waiting for our ice cream and dd and I BOTH felt something on our leg around the same time. Looked down to see several cockroaches. Yep cockroaches, not palmettos. Blech.. that totally grossed us out.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #27
BippityBoppity
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen2276 View Post
I WOULD DIE! Right there! DIE! worst fear ever! SNAKES! ahhhhhhh!

Oh My Heavens!!! I agree. Mortified of any size of snake. Had a rubber snake thrown on me about ten years ago as a joke and I found out exactly then and there how scared I was. I truly thought I was having a heart attack!!!
BippityBoppity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #28
cindym
Mouseketeer

A few years ago I chased a snake back into the lagoon at the BC. It was heading for SAB!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #29
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

I think snakes are awesome, especially black snakes, which are often docile (though the last one I encountered bit me twice as I was trying to save it from a McDonald's parking lot). Haven't had the luck to encounter one at Disney yet but have seen a few alligators (including one at Splash Mtn). Not a fan of roaches at all. They climb, hide and ambush.
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:34 AM   #30
LilRonGal
Disney Dreamer

I've seen lizards there but snakes? That is so cool. I love snakes. I think they're so neat.

I will NOT be telling my mom about that. She's so excited about the trip... that would make her change her mind!

My Disneylicious Blog | My Disney Photo Collection | My Personal Blog
DW 08/01 - ASMusic | DW 05/05 - ASMovies | DL 09/05 - offsite | DW 09/08 - POP | DL 01/09 - offsite
DW 08/09 - POP | DW 01/11 - POFQ | DW 06/11 - POFQ | DW 02/12 - POFQ | DW 02/13 - POFQ | DW 06/13 - POP
LilRonGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: