Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #17
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

love it

Really enjoying your TR especially your detailed descriptions around the ship. Can't wait to hear more. Did you say what room you were in?
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #18
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing! Sorry about your wife!!! San Juan is gorgeous. Looking forward to the rest of the report.

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #19
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Great report! So sorry your wife got sick. I would highly recommend going over to St John...beautiful island!

Jill in CO
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #20
Lreip
Neverland

Thanks for the report. I'm planning on booking that cruise next year.

1998 All Star Movie
2004 All Star Movie
2006 Wilderness Lodge
2007 Port Orleans
2009 Grand Floridian
Feb. 2010 Wilderness Lodge
Oct. 2010 Caribbean Resort
2011 Disney Dream/Port Orleans
2012 All Star Movie/Disney Dream
2013 Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 All Star Movie
2013 Disney Dream
Lreip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #21
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Bucket boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvcycle View Post
Day 3
Is that the sun?

I was starting to feel all the food that I had been eating catching up with me so I snuck out bed early and headed to the stairs and the outdoor jogging track. I did 5 complete trips from deck 1 to deck 12 on the stairs and then headed outside for a nice 5K around the track. Talk about working out in paradise, the sun was shining and quite a few people were out getting their early morning workout on.

Workout done, time to get my lovely wife and replace some of the calories I burned off. We made the trek to Cabanas and I discovered something I had never tried before, muesli. The best way I can describe it is a cold granola oatmeal cereal, but I love it! By the way, Cabanas has a very nice spread for breakfast and I was delighted to get some Mickey waffles with strawberry sauce, I swear they use cake batter to make those delicious things. We ran into our server Jaycon in Cabanas and he totally said hi to us by name. I don't know about you, but I love the fact when people actually remember our names. It is a small thing, but one that makes a huge difference.

After breakfast it was totally time for some sun and we headed to the adults area for some quiet relaxation. Well, we thought we were in the adults area, turns out that right above Cove Cafe is not adults only and we had some young kids playing about. Didn't bother me, but another couple complained and were told that the sun deck for adults was actually another deck higher, who knew? It was so nice finally being able to soak up some vitamin D and we lounged around for bit before we got to crispy.

I think we were both ready for a little air conditioning so we chose to see Wreck it Ralph in 3D

Let me just say the movie theater on the ship had some of the best sound I have ever heard and they used very high quality 3D glasses, not the cheap throw aways you get at most theaters. As far as the movie, we really enjoyed it. Neither of us was expecting much, but we both left happy Having first run movies on the ship is just another perk of sailing with Disney especially if you are a big movie buff like we are.

After the movie we headed over to the Walt Disney Theater to see the matinee showing of Disney Wishes. I feel like a broken record, but once again Disney impressed with its use of live actors, set pieces and music. The thing I was most impressed with and also very excited about was they had full costume characters with eyes and mouths that actually moved. I read that they used this technology for Mickey in the parks at one point, but I didn't expect to see it on the cruise. It just adds another dimension to already superb production.

After all this sitting around, it was time for a coffee refresher so we headed to Cove Cafe for some espresso goodness. We absolutely love this coffee shop on board, it is just so comfortable. We find ourselves, just wanting to curl up and relax there with a big cup of deliciousness.

After some recharging, we headed back to our room to get ready for dinner. We were both determined to catch some live music before our meal so we didn't dawdle as much as normal.

After getting ready, we headed to La Piazza to listen to a pianist do a Billy Joel tribute which I thoroughly enjoyed. I sang along, as Tawnya laughed at me while enjoying a delicious cocktail.

We had a little fun on the scooter that was parked in the corner of the bar too.

Tonight's dinner was at Animators Palette and it was the Crush show which we already experienced on the Dream. However, like almost everything we had experienced on the Fantasy, we enjoyed the show more and found it a lot less intrusive than it was on the Dream. Our favorite item on the menu that night was the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes. These were creamy, amazing goodness. I think I had 2 orders of them!

After dinner, we headed to the Tube for the first time at night.

The Bucket Boys, who were a percussion team who used garbage cans and such to create rhythm and music, were up on stage. They used some adult comedy while entertaining the crowd and we laughed out loud for a good portion of the show.

Time for sleep, tomorrow was going to be our first port, St. Thomas, are we couldn't wait.

Yup' we loved the nights in the Tube and our DD was one of the Bucket Girls that had her own dance number with one of the bucket boys

DCL Magic June 14 - 26, 2014, 30th Anniversary Trip
DCL Fantasy December 15 -22, 2012
DVC Beach Club Villas May 2012
DVC Vero Beach Villas May 2012
DVC Animal Kingdom June 2010
DVC Adventures by Disney Emerald Isle June 2009
DVC Wilderness Lodge Villas June 2007
DVC Saratoga Springs Villas August 2006
WDW Beach Club Resort December 2005
Disneyland Parks during 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade Tour (DD marched in TORP parade-DD's HS was THE Electric Light Parade. Rest of Disney's floats cancelled due to rain) December 2004/January 2005
DVC Old Key West Villas 1999 (stayed with sister, a founding DVC member)
WDW Port Orleans October 1994
WahineMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #22
disbridebailey
Earning My Ears

Great TR!
Disney Planning Session: Sept 1-9, 2011
Disney Christmas Vacation: December 26, 2011 - Jan 2, 2012
Our Fairytale Disney Wedding: April 1-10, 2012
Married at Disney: April 5, 2012

Our Disney Anniversary Cruise May 11-18, 2013
Disney trip: May 9-21, 2013
Pre-Trip Planning Thread
disbridebailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #23
Ltl Mermaid
Spreading Disney Magic with the push of a button

Great TR, can't wait to read more
Old 02-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #24
Meganyvemarie
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR, cant wait to read more!
11 more months until I'm on board the Fantasy!

06/01/2008 Disney Wonder 4-night Bahamas
22/01/2012 Disney Wonder 7-night Mexican Riviera
30/09/2012 Disney Wonder 7-night California Coast
18/01/2014 Disney Fantasy 7-night Western Caribbean
Meganyvemarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: