Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #121
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part One

Since this was a just a short trip for us, this day was our last day. So we packed up the car and checked out. We headed over to Magic Kingdom.

It doesn’t look crowded here, but it was packed.

DH went to get FP’s for Little Mermaid while the kids and I went to get breakfast at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

They are serving breakfast here while Main Street Bakery is down for the infamous Starbucks refurb.

DD had the mini waffles.

There were two of these, but she already ate one before I got a photo. She loved these.

The rest of us each got a Ham, Egg and Cheese Croissant Sandwich.

We all liked it a lot. We would definitely eat here again. The park was VERY crowded and there was plenty of seating in this area. I feel like this is a very under utilized space. There is a lot of shade and seating and it is kind of out of the way, so it is a peaceful place to stop and eat. I hope they keep it open.

After breakfast, DS wanted to ride Space Mountain. So he did that while DH, DD and I roped the people mover.

Someone stood up and they had to shut down the ride, so we got stuck here for something like 15 minutes.

Finally, we got moving again.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #122
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc

I hope it is just a scope, too. They want to go back and scope mine again because of the scar tissue build up. I find out on Feb. 15 what that is all about. I just hate all of it. And I hate it for you as well. I know exactly what you are going through.

I dunno. I wouldn't order the steak. Or that Chicken Campanelle thingy that we got. Everything else was good though. I liked 50's MUCH better, but that was me. You might love MM !!

I had glass in my foot once for months. One of my tennis friends gave me this old timey drawing salve -Icthammol, I think it was - and it worked in 2-3 days. It was right on the ball of my foot, so I was ready to try anything. If only it worked on ankles. To tell the truth, it has been very hard

The cheesecake WAS good !!! We really liked it. It had a strong amaretto flavor, but I like amaretto, so it was good to me.

Yep, they just handed us the card. It doubled as a photopass card as well. We love that movie and we have pre-ordered it from the Disney Movie Club, so we will get it right away.

I love me a pink Disney t-shirt !! And I have several. That one is one of my favorites !!
So did the photopass card have special wreck it Ralph backgrounds too?? We were there like the 3rd day it was open so maybe they didn't have it then.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #123
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
So did the photopass card have special wreck it Ralph backgrounds too?? We were there like the 3rd day it was open so maybe they didn't have it then.
The autograph card WAS the photopass card. The bar code thingy was on the back.

Last edited by jecskc; 02-04-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #124
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

Have really enjoyed your trip review!!!

A child I babysat once had head lice, unbeknownst to me, and passed them on to both my DSs. They were 6 and 7 at the time, so I just shaved their heads, bagged all stuffed animals and cleaned everything in sight. I also refused to babysit the child until the Health Department had given her a clean bill of health. My DD has never gotten them thanks goodness, because she has long, thick hair. It would be a NIGHTMARE.

Overall, how is the scooter experience. I am a heart patient and get out of breath easily. I am toying with the idea of a scooter, but worried about loading it on the buses and just messing with it in general........

Beverly

Old 02-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #125
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs6799 View Post
Have really enjoyed your trip review!!!

A child I babysat once had head lice, unbeknownst to me, and passed them on to both my DSs. They were 6 and 7 at the time, so I just shaved their heads, bagged all stuffed animals and cleaned everything in sight. I also refused to babysit the child until the Health Department had given her a clean bill of health. My DD has never gotten them thanks goodness, because she has long, thick hair. It would be a NIGHTMARE.

Overall, how is the scooter experience. I am a heart patient and get out of breath easily. I am toying with the idea of a scooter, but worried about loading it on the buses and just messing with it in general........
Lice are the worst. And it isn't anyone's fault if they get them. They are just nasty little parasites that lurk on our planet to give us the heebie jeebies. I itch every time I think about it.

Our scooter experiences have been very positive and I highly recommend it. I would rather be able to walk 10 ten miles a day and not have to bother with it, but renting one has really been wonderful. Getting around is not really a problem because Disney World is very accessible. We live close (about 7 hours away) so DH just puts it in the back of the car and we drive. Or we take the bus which isn't a problem at all.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #126
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Lice are the worst. And it isn't anyone's fault if they get them. They are just nasty little parasites that lurk on our planet to give us the heebie jeebies. I itch every time I think about it.

Our scooter experiences have been very positive and I highly recommend it. I would rather be able to walk 10 ten miles a day and not have to bother with it, but renting one has really been wonderful. Getting around is not really a problem because Disney World is very accessible. We live close (about 7 hours away) so DH just puts it in the back of the car and we drive. Or we take the bus which isn't a problem at all.
No, it wasn't this little girls fault, but she had them several times and while her parents WERE treating her hair, they weren't cleaning the house. Ugh, makes me itch just to think about it. But great tip, My DD is one that will be all over the hats.

We live within driving distance as well. I just wondered about using it getting back and forth from our resort and back....on the monorails and on the buses there at WDW.

Beverly

Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #127
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, it wasn't this little girls fault, but she had them several times and while her parents WERE treating her hair, they weren't cleaning the house. Ugh, makes me itch just to think about it. But great tip, My DD is one that will be all over the hats.

We live within driving distance as well. I just wondered about using it getting back and forth from our resort and back....on the monorails and on the buses there at WDW.
We own DVC, so we stay on property. DH just likes to drive to the parks. He hates waiting for the buses. But sometimes we take the bus to the parks and it is never a problem. We rent from Apple Scooter in Orlando and they just drop it off at your resort. Very convenient.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #128
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We own DVC, so we stay on property. DH just likes to drive to the parks. He hates waiting for the buses. But sometimes we take the bus to the parks and it is never a problem. We rent from Apple Scooter in Orlando and they just drop it off at your resort. Very convenient.
yes, we will be staying on property as well, but I know DH wants to drive to the resort, park and not drive again until we leave I was looking at Apple Scooter, so thanks so much for your help I was talking to DH and we agreed we probably will rent one since it is better to be safe than sorry.

Beverly

Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #129
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yes, we will be staying on property as well, but I know DH wants to drive to the resort, park and not drive again until we leave I was looking at Apple Scooter, so thanks so much for your help I was talking to DH and we agreed we probably will rent one since it is better to be safe than sorry.
To tell the truth, scootering around Disney can be fun !! It was worth it for us to rent one.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #130
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The autograph card WAS the photopass card. The bar code thingy was on the back.
Well i mean online? On the photopass site did it bring up special Wreck it ralph backgrounds?

When are you headed back? We (emmebear and I) decided we are going back April 11th!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation

Last edited by rachel09985; 02-04-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #131
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well i mean online? On the photopass site did it bring up special Wreck it ralph backgrounds?

When are you headed back? We (emmebear and I) decided we are going back April 11th!
I didn't intend to buy them, so I haven't looked. I will though and get back to you.

We got back March 31 and leave April 5 for home. We will just miss you guys !! Holy cow, I thought I went to Disney a lot. Emmebear has everyone beat. She might as well live there !!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #132
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OK. I was curious about the backgrounds, too so I logged onto the photopass site and put the numbers in but the photos don't show up. Maybe I forgot to hand the card to the photog. It looks like it MIGHT have special borders though.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #133
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part Two

DS was done with Space Mountain pretty much the same time we were done with the People mover, so we moved away from Tomorrowland.

DD wanted to ride the Barnstormer so we headed over there.

The wait was 30 minutes, but DD really wanted to ride, so I waited with her.

And here they are hopping right onto the scooter the first second they can.

DH said we should just buy them a scooter and quit coming to Disney World since it seems to be their favorite ride there.

See everyone backed up behind me because I am walking so slow ??

After that, we headed over to The Little Mermaid ride since it was time for our fast passes. I couldn’t find a way through from the Storybook Circus, so we went all the way around the construction. And oh my word …… it was packed in New Fantasyland. We seriously couldn’t even move.

The line for Be Our Guest was way past the end of the bridge and causing quite a bit of congestion.

Once we fought our way down to The Little Mermaid, they told us the ride was down and that we could come back anytime with our fast passes later in the day. So we fought our way back out.

It was crazy packed. DD wanted to ride Big Thunder, so we headed over that way. As we were walking by Peter Pan, DH grabbed some fast passes. He took some photos of Rapunzel’s tower.

There is very little said about this area, but you assume it will be a meet and greet for Rapunzel. I hope it opens this area up some. It creates a terrible bottleneck.

Over at BTMRR

DD stopped to check out the geyser.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #134
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Boo for it being the last day already!!!

at DF suggesting buying the kids a scooter instead of going to Disney! They really do seem to go straight to it when you're not looking!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #135
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Boo for it being the last day already!!!

at DF suggesting buying the kids a scooter instead of going to Disney! They really do seem to go straight to it when you're not looking!
Yes, just a short trip, but still a good one. Looking forward to a longer one in April.

I had to take the key with me everywhere or they would take off on it and leave me stranded Little stinkers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: