Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #271
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Tim's been doing really good at updating, so I had to pick on someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Well, Tim has to update. He's becoming one of those people that get to go every few months...
Quote:
I think that will stop with Baby #3 on the way; we're actually working on the dates for our fourth trip in 2013.
I wondered why my ears were ringing...

Excuse me. We haven't been on a Disney trip for 19 months. Then had the opportunity to do a back to back. If I can't talk Melody into Sept or October then who knows when I will step foot on property in the near future.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #272
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Good gravy it took me like 5 times trying to get through you update, every time I tried, I got distracted!
I know what you mean... I hate it when that happens.

Quote:
That cinnamon roll looks amazing... We love Star Tours, can't wait to give it another spin when we get down there!!!!
Both are pretty much a must do.

Quote:
Pizza Planet is on the list for us to do, we will see if it happens though. By the end of the week I normally am very over food
Good luck! I guess I wouldn't quite classify it as a "must do," but I definitely don't think it is as bad as its reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I wondered why my ears were ringing...
She went there first.

Quote:
Excuse me. We haven't been on a Disney trip for 19 months. Then had the opportunity to do a back to back. If I can't talk Melody into Sept or October then who knows when I will step foot on property in the near future.
I know the feeling... good luck.

And by the way Kathy. The next update is written, I just need to get the pictures uploaded, but I want to catch up on other things from the weekend before I do that.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #273
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

It Isn’t Orange

Wednesday, Dec 5

When I left off, DW, the kids, BiL and I were headed back to CSR for the afternoon. We didn’t have to be anywhere until our 8pm ADR, and being about 1pm, we had several hours to nap and just enjoy the resort… Yeah right.

We got back to the room, and DS actually acted sleepy. DD on the other hand, was wide awake. I put her in the stroller and we went for a walk around the resort while DW tried to get DS to go to sleep.

We walked around the lake and I checked out all of the village areas and the pools around the resort. We went up to El Centro and I got a couple of things in the gift shop as well as a few snacks. Now at this point in the week, I had just barely walked into the Dig Site area, seen the crowd in the pool, and turned around and left. I decided that I was going to take advantage of this opportunity to explore a little bit… and I thought I might as well test the offerings at the pool bar while I’m at it.

We got into the Dig Site area and as before, the pool was absolutely packed. I’m guessing it was something like 350% of what is actually considered a safe capacity... Well, since it was mostly tweens, I figured I might as well go look for the playground. If all else failed, I could take DS over there after his nap while DD sleeps. One slight problem… had to walk past the pool bar to get there. Wouldn’t be a big deal, but those tweens apparently all had thirsty parents and I had a double stroller. The line for the bar was all the way back to the pool and then it turned and ran along the side of the pool. I clealy wouldn't be enjoying a cold drink there...

Even though I was obviously not trying to cut, and just wanted through, people seemed to be very protective of their real estate in that line. I finally managed to find a gap and I went for it, but all in all, I wasn’t too impressed with the play area. I looked around a little bit and while I was crossing my fingers hoping there would be a back way out of there, I was disappointed to have to go back past the pool and bar area. I turned around and headed back for the mass of humanity.

I will add that I know it has to be difficult to monitor this with as many people as there were around the pool that day, but I was shocked to see some kids sitting around tables at the pool drinking that I’m not sure had a driver’s license, let alone an ID saying they were 21. I’m sure the bar checks IDs so it had to be parents that were supplying them. It just really shocked me that they were just sitting around in the open not even trying to hide it. I mean, let’s be honest, it isn’t like I never had a drink before I was 21, but I definitely wasn’t sitting poolside flaunting the fact.

We made our way out of the Dig Site, and DD was still awake, but I could tell she was finally starting to get sleepy. I saw Sis and BiL at a hammock and we stopped by to see how Sis was feeling. She said she was feeling a little better, but still hadn’t had anything to eat and wasn’t sure if she was even ready to try eating yet.

I mentioned that I was going to take DD back to the room after she fell asleep and I thought I might take DS to one of the village pools when he woke up. BiL told me not to. He went on to say that when we got back, Sis was asleep, so he decided to go for a swim. He headed over to the Cabanas village pool and there was nobody in there. He said he’d just got in the water when all of a sudden about 20 cheerleaders came out and got in the pool. He said he got out and headed back to the room, because he didn’t feel too comfortable being the lone adult in a pool with a bunch of unsupervised tween girls.

DD and I moved on along and soon she was asleep. I headed back to the room back past where Sis and BiL had been, but they were gone. I noticed some football players using a hammock to practice their goal line rushing skills. They were taking turns taking handoffs and jumping over the hammock. I won’t lie. I was tempted to grab it and pull it tight as they hurdled it.

I later found out that BiL and Sis left because a group of cheerleaders came outside to practice on the sand about 5 feet away from the hammock they were laying in. Not exactly the best way to relax...

I got back to the room and laid DD down for her nap. DW and DS were both still asleep, so I think I jotted some notes down for the TR and saved what few pictures we had to the computer. DS woke up after a little while and I figured it would be best to get him out of the room before he could wake DD up. The pool seemed to be off limits, and I didn’t really want to go back to the Dig Site, so I came up with a new plan. It was only a little after 4pm, so I asked DS if he wanted to go ride a few rides. I woke DW up to tell her that we were heading to MK. The MK was closing at 7 that night for the Fantasyland press event, but I was planning to leave a little before that to beat the crowd. I told her that I thought we should be back in plenty of time to go to our ADR, but if not I’d call to let her know and we’d just meet everyone there.

I got back to the “old” style of park touring. I grabbed some wipes and a couple of diapers… just enough room in the cargo short pockets to keep from having to haul a bag, and we were out the door and quickly on a bus.

When we got off the bus and headed into the park, I quickly realized the disadvantage of leaving the stroller behind. If DS was going to walk, we weren’t going to be moving very fast. I let him walk for a little bit, but then I finally just picked him up and put him on my shoulders.

When we got inside the park, I noticed that some additions had been made to the Main Street area that we’d been missing up to that point in time. The tree and garland were finally up!

DS was requesting the elephant ride, but the Fantasyland area had closed at 3pm to get ready for their press event. Instead, I thought we might head for another ride he’d been asking to ride most of the we, Tomorrowland Speedway. The posted wait was 15 minutes, but it was really only about 10 before we were getting into a car. The CM gave DS his Driver’s License and we were off. I let him steer for a little bit, but he didn’t like it too much when we’d hit the center rail and it would jerk the wheel out of his hands so I had to help him. He seemed to enjoy the ride quite a bit, but when we got into the traffic jam before you get to the loading station, he was ready to get out. I had a hard time keeping him from just getting out of the car right then and there.

We still had a little bit of time to kill, so we headed over to Buzz Lightyear since I know he enjoys that one and I didn’t get a chance to ride it with everyone else a few days ago. The posted wait was 5 min, but we walked all the way to the end of the line before we stopped. Unfortunately so did the ride.

We had time, so I decided to stay and wait it out. It was down for about 15 minutes before they got the ride going again. We climbed in and we were on our way. I kept trying to show DS how to fire his gun, but he was still more interested in spinning us. By the time we got out of there, it was 6 pm and I figured we should head for the exit to beat the crowd. It worked pretty well, because Wishes was scheduled for 6 since the park was closing at 7, so we were headed out of the park while everyone else was watching Wishes. We got to the bus stop just as a CSR bus pulled up. Couldn’t have timed it any better!

We didn’t spend much time in the MK, but it was nice. DS and I had fun, and it was less crowded than the Dig Site area at CSR would have been. When we got back to the room, DW and DD were awake and playing. We had plenty of time to finish getting ready to head out for our ADR. I checked with Mom and Dad and they were all back, so we planned to meet to leave at 7.

We got into the cars and headed for a resort that is a favorite of myself and DW, Wilderness Lodge.

By this point in the week, we really wished we had been staying here instead of CSR. Especially with as much time as we had been spending in the MK.

We checked in for our ADR (no issue there about checking in early) and took our pager to walk around the lobby. We got some PP pictures with the tree and spent a little bit of time in the gift shop.

I ended up enjoying one of my favorite activities at the WL. I found a comfortable chair on the back patio overlooking the pool area. It wasn’t long before the rest of our group joined me out there and we were taking up all of the seats on the patio. It seemed like it was promptly at our ADR time of 8pm that the pager went off and we headed in to Whispering Canyon.

They sat us at a big round table way off in the back of the restaurant. In a way, it was disappointing, because we were separated from the rest of the main dining area.

I really wanted to see the stick horse races, because I’m sure DS would have participated (and maybe my sisters too), but I don’t even know if they did that or not… we literally couldn’t see or hear what was going on in the main dining area. I guess in another way it was kind of nice though. You don’t go to WCC for a quiet, relaxed meal, but that’s what we had.

Our server was Lazy Susan. She was fantastic. Both times we’ve been at WCC our service has been wonderful. Our server from last year was actually taking care of another table near ours in the back section of the restaurant. We stopped to say hi to her on our way out. I’m sure she didn’t remember us, but we definitely remembered her.

Sis was feeling well enough to join us for dinner, but she still didn’t have her full appetite back. The chef came out to speak with her and offered her some gluten free corn bread. She refused that, but she did end up getting a platter of some meat and sides brought out separate from everything else.

Lazy Susan came to get our drink orders, and BiL made it clear that he was into the whole vibe of WCC, even if we couldn’t participate in most of the antics in the main dining area. He asked her if she was dizzy. She was a little slow to figure out what he meant, so he then asked her if she spins around a lot or something since she's called Lazy Susan. She just started laughing and said nobody’s ever asked her that before. Of course, we all ordered milkshakes. The flavors offered that evening were chocolate, orange and vanilla. Sis2 was upset that she couldn’t get strawberry. She really wanted strawberry, so we gave Lazy Susan a hard time about that one too.

She came back with our milkshakes, and when she put a chocolate shake down in front of BiL, he looked at her and in a whiny voice said “It isn’t orange.” She looked shocked and then asked if he ordered orange. He told her he ordered chocolate. She proceeded to scold him for messing with her.

She asked us what meats we wanted, and we’d been discussing this one since we got there. We all agreed on the beef and the ribs, but we couldn’t all agree on the third meat choice. I told Lazy Susan and asked her for her opinion. She said she’d surprise us After the hard time that BiL had been giving her, I wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not, but we decided to trust her. She ended up hooking us up with a platter with all of the meats on it. The fish and the chicken didn’t seem to go over as well with our family, but we had her bring us some more beef, sausage and ribs. It was delicious!

BiL and I finished our milkshakes and ordered refills. BiL asked for orange and she asked him 3 or 4 times just to make sure he wasn’t messing with her.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. They offered Sis a gluten free dessert, but she declined the offer. She still wasn’t feeling great, but she had a little bit of the food they brought her and a milkshake. She seemed to enjoy what she did have. The rest of us kind of sat in misery looking at the dessert platter after all the food we’d had, but eventually, we dug in and enjoyed it. Lazy Susan brought us our check and she had a couple of surprises for DS and DD. She had a light up Tinkerbell clip and a light up Buzz Lightyear clip for them.

We had been in WCC for almost 2 hours, just having a good time. We settled up and since we were seated in the back of the restaurant, we just went down those steps and headed down to see if we could catch the geyser’s 10 pm eruption. And here is an excellent, high quality cell phone picture of it…

We missed seeing this, despite staying at Wilderness Lodge for a week last year, so I was glad we saw it. At about the same time, we heard fireworks going off. I headed down to the beach to get a better angle to the MK, so we sat and watched the fireworks being set off for the Fantasyland press event. They had the perimeter fireworks and everything. It was a nice extra touch for the evening that I wasn’t expecting. I was excited that we saw it until I later found out about the dragon, that we didn’t get to see.

We walked around a little bit more and then headed back to the parking lot.

It was a great day, and while it was still a long day, it wasn’t rushed and I felt kind of relaxed. That was a good thing, because with tomorrow being the official grand opening for both Fantasyland and Test Track, we weren’t too sure what the crowds would be like. Missing Rope Drop wasn’t going to be an option…
Old 02-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #274
KatMark
DIS Veteran

How nice that you and DS got a little "son and dad" time at the MK and could do a few rides.

I can certainly understand your wishing you had stayed at WL (although I would have wished for a much different resort ) after all the commotion at the CSR.

I'm so glad SIS was feeling better to join you for dinner and that you had outstanding service yet again. And on being able to see the geyser errupt and then catch the fireworks.

Love the family photo in front of the tree.

Last edited by KatMark; 02-04-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #275
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I remember when we stayed at CSR back in Jan 2010, there was a convention going on so the entire resort felt completely packed in the public places. Luckily the buses never felt busy.

I would love to go to WCC someday. Have heard the best things about this restaurant. I can't believe your server was never asked about 'lazy susan'. That is what I immediately thought of when you wrote that

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #276
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

It's too bad that you didn't feel like you had any options for fun at the resort, but I think that some father/son time at MK sounds just perfect! I love that you guys did that.

WCC has been on my list of places to try forever, but we've yet to get there. It sounds like a great meal for everyone. And fireworks as a bonus? Perfect!

Can't wait to hear what the next day will bring!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #277
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Bummer that the resort was overrun with tweens, but a little father/son time in MK sounds like a nice alternative. DS looks like he is having a blast driving the car!

The PP pic in front of the WL tree is so cute! Sounds like you had a great meal at WCC with some good service from a not so Lazy Susan. I love that your BIL messed with her about the milkshakes.

Great update!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #278
that's nice
DDC #330

I feel bad that the Pop Warner crowds were so bad. Why were all those kids at the resort in the middle of the day? Shouldn't they have been in the parks?

I don't know any kids that were drinking alcohol before the age of 21. Let alone drinking a pool bar in Disney.

What a great time you and the boy had in MK. Perfect evening if you ask me.

Maybe they put you in the back room at WCC because you guys looked like trouble. Glad your sis was able to join you guys for dinner.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #279
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Oh. my. goodness. CSR sounds like an absolute nightmare with all of those kids and their "parents". I think I would have lost my mind with all of that going on.

That's so fun that you & DS went off to MK for a few rides! He looks like he's having so much fun on the Speedway.

And dinner sounds great! Even though y'all weren't in the middle of the action, it sounds like y'all still had some fun. I actually think I would go eat at WCC if I could guarantee that I could have a table out of the main dining room.

And what a great ending to the day - watching the fireworks from the beach! I saw a picture of the dragon that flew over MK that night. Still interested to see what Disney will do with that creature long-term.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #280
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
How nice that you and DS got a little "son and dad" time at the MK and could do a few rides.
It was definitely better than hanging around the resort. Any time we can spend in the MK is a bonus.

Quote:
I can certainly understand your wishing you had stayed at WL (although I would have wished for a much different resort ) after all the commotion at the CSR.
I know, I know... we just have different tastes in resorts, apparently.

Quote:
I'm so glad SIS was feeling better to join you for dinner and that you had outstanding service yet again. And on being able to see the geyser errupt and then catch the fireworks.
It really was a great evening... everything just kind of fell nicely into place.

Quote:
Love the family photo in front of the tree.
Thanks. One of my favorites from the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I remember when we stayed at CSR back in Jan 2010, there was a convention going on so the entire resort felt completely packed in the public places. Luckily the buses never felt busy.
Yeah, it's kind of the advantage/disadvantage situation of a convention center resort. You just never really know what to expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I would love to go to WCC someday. Have heard the best things about this restaurant. I can't believe your server was never asked about 'lazy susan'. That is what I immediately thought of when you wrote that
I really like it there. The food is great, the atmosphere is fun, and I absolutely love Wilderness Lodge. I couldn't believe it when she said nobody has ever asked her that before. I don't know if she was joking or what, but she seemed serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
It's too bad that you didn't feel like you had any options for fun at the resort, but I think that some father/son time at MK sounds just perfect! I love that you guys did that.
I was glad we went to MK. We can go to the pool here this summer. Can't go to MK anytime we want though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
WCC has been on my list of places to try forever, but we've yet to get there. It sounds like a great meal for everyone. And fireworks as a bonus? Perfect!
I absolutely love WCC. Plenty of food to eat and it is great. We love BBQ type food though. The fireworks were definitely a bonus. Not a great view, from there, but it was nice to see them over the Contemporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Bummer that the resort was overrun with tweens, but a little father/son time in MK sounds like a nice alternative. DS looks like he is having a blast driving the car!
I hate cheerleaders. And, my wife is a high school cheerleading coach.

He really was having fun with it.

Quote:
The PP pic in front of the WL tree is so cute! Sounds like you had a great meal at WCC with some good service from a not so Lazy Susan. I love that your BIL messed with her about the milkshakes.
It was definitely a great evening. That pic is one of my favorites, and after our wonderful experience last year, I was glad that there was no letdown at WCC this time!

BiL is even more of a smart --- than I am. It can get interesting sometimes.

Quote:
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
I feel bad that the Pop Warner crowds were so bad. Why were all those kids at the resort in the middle of the day? Shouldn't they have been in the parks?
Or maybe at a football game??? I don't know, but they seemed to be around the resort a lot during the day. They hit the parks in force late afternoon and evening though.

Quote:
I don't know any kids that were drinking alcohol before the age of 21. Let alone drinking a pool bar in Disney.
What about drinking in the shower?

Quote:
What a great time you and the boy had in MK. Perfect evening if you ask me.
Definitely! I'll take a couple of hours in the MK anytime.

Quote:
Maybe they put you in the back room at WCC because you guys looked like trouble. Glad your sis was able to join you guys for dinner.
Well, I guess BiL didn't disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Oh. my. goodness. CSR sounds like an absolute nightmare with all of those kids and their "parents". I think I would have lost my mind with all of that going on.
You know, it was annoying, but we just learned to avoid it. Unfortunately, that means we missed out on enjoying some parts of the resort, but we didn't let it ruin things for us.

Quote:
That's so fun that you & DS went off to MK for a few rides! He looks like he's having so much fun on the Speedway.
It was great. I'm glad I thought of it!

Quote:
And dinner sounds great! Even though y'all weren't in the middle of the action, it sounds like y'all still had some fun. I actually think I would go eat at WCC if I could guarantee that I could have a table out of the main dining room.
It really was nice. I don't know if you can request a table in the back room or not, but it was definitely a different atmosphere. We missed out on some of the more chaotic stuff, but it allowed for some fun 1 on 1 type interactions with our server. She was great!

Quote:
And what a great ending to the day - watching the fireworks from the beach! I saw a picture of the dragon that flew over MK that night. Still interested to see what Disney will do with that creature long-term.
It was very nice to see the fireworks. I just wish we could have seen that dragon though. I'm still kicking myself that I was so close I could see the fireworks, yet completely oblivious to the fact that there was a dragon flying around.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #281
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
DW tried to get DS to go to sleep.
You packed Ny-Quil, right?

Quote:
I will add that I know it has to be difficult to monitor this with as many people as there were around the pool that day, but I was shocked to see some kids sitting around tables at the pool drinking that I’m not sure had a driver’s license, let alone an ID saying they were 21. I’m sure the bar checks IDs so it had to be parents that were supplying them.
Stay classy, folks!

Quote:
BiL told me not to. He went on to say that when we got back, Sis was asleep, so he decided to go for a swim. He headed over to the Cabanas village pool and there was nobody in there. He said he’d just got in the water when all of a sudden about 20 cheerleaders came out and got in the pool. He said he got out and headed back to the room, because he didn’t feel too comfortable being the lone adult in a pool with a bunch of unsupervised tween girls.
Man, there is just no escape!

Quote:
I noticed some football players using a hammock to practice their goal line rushing skills. They were taking turns taking handoffs and jumping over the hammock. I won’t lie. I was tempted to grab it and pull it tight as they hurdled it.

Quote:
DS woke up after a little while and I figured it would be best to get him out of the room before he could wake DD up. The pool seemed to be off limits, and I didn’t really want to go back to the Dig Site, so I came up with a new plan. It was only a little after 4pm, so I asked DS if he wanted to go ride a few rides. I woke DW up to tell her that we were heading to MK.
Excellent idea.

Quote:
When we got inside the park, I noticed that some additions had been made to the Main Street area that we’d been missing up to that point in time. The tree and garland were finally up!
Someday I'll get to see that.

Quote:
DS was requesting the elephant ride, but the Fantasyland area had closed at 3pm to get ready for their press event. Instead, I thought we might head for another ride he’d been asking to ride most of the we, Tomorrowland Speedway.
This decision is usually made in a "let's get it overwith" manner.

Quote:
I let him steer for a little bit, but he didn’t like it too much when we’d hit the center rail and it would jerk the wheel out of his hands so I had to help him.
Huh. I never noticed that before. Always such a smooth ride. Maybe you had a bum car.

[QUOTE=afwdwfan;47406268]We got into the cars and headed for a resort that is a favorite of myself and DW, Wilderness Lodge.[/QUOET]

Everyone loves the WL! Well, except Kathy. But she's wrong.

Quote:
They sat us at a big round table way off in the back of the restaurant. In a way, it was disappointing, because we were separated from the rest of the main dining area.
That stinks. Obviously your family needed to be contained.

Quote:
Our server was Lazy Susan. She was fantastic. Both times we’ve been at WCC our service has been wonderful. Our server from last year was actually taking care of another table near ours in the back section of the restaurant. We stopped to say hi to her on our way out. I’m sure she didn’t remember us, but we definitely remembered her.

Quote:
She came back with our milkshakes, and when she put a chocolate shake down in front of BiL, he looked at her and in a whiny voice said “It isn’t orange.” She looked shocked and then asked if he ordered orange. He told her he ordered chocolate. She proceeded to scold him for messing with her.
I'm starting to think I would enjoy traveling with your BiL.

Quote:
She asked us what meats we wanted, and we’d been discussing this one since we got there. We all agreed on the beef and the ribs, but we couldn’t all agree on the third meat choice. I told Lazy Susan and asked her for her opinion. She said she’d surprise us.
So how was the raccoon meat?

Quote:
Lazy Susan brought us our check and she had a couple of surprises for DS and DD. She had a light up Tinkerbell clip and a light up Buzz Lightyear clip for them.
This meal just keeps getting better!

Quote:
We settled up and since we were seated in the back of the restaurant, we just went down those steps and headed down to see if we could catch the geyser’s 10 pm eruption. And here is an excellent, high quality cell phone picture of it…

The lighting, the composition...Bravo! Ansel Adams' estate is calling, and they'd like you to come train them in the ways of the master.

Actually, this photo is still better than 50% of the stuff I see in art museums.

Quote:
I know, I know... we just have different tastes in resorts, apparently.
I think you know where I side.

Quote:
BiL is even more of a smart --- than I am. It can get interesting sometimes.
How is that possible?!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #282
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Or maybe at a football game???
True.

Quote:
What about drinking in the shower?
Where (or when) do you think that originated?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #283
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You packed Ny-Quil, right?
I can neither confirm nor deny...

Quote:
Stay classy, folks!

Quote:
Man, there is just no escape!
They were literally everywhere. Seriously, if you ever book a trip and find out your resort is being used for some cheerleader event, change resorts.

Quote:
Excellent idea.
Everybody has one of those from time to time.

Quote:
Someday I'll get to see that.
I hope so. You'll love it!

Quote:
This decision is usually made in a "let's get it overwith" manner.
Well, that kind of played into it. We were the only ones there so nobody would have to wait around for us, and I knew in just the short time we had we wouldn't be getting much done anyway so we might as well do it instead of wasting valuable park time later in the week.

Quote:
Huh. I never noticed that before. Always such a smooth ride. Maybe you had a bum car.

Quote:
Everyone loves the WL! Well, except Kathy. But she's wrong.
I know... she likes the Bears and Cubs and hates WL. I just don't get it.

Quote:
That stinks. Obviously your family needed to be contained.
That must be it. I wouldn't trust us either.

Quote:
I'm starting to think I would enjoy traveling with your BiL.
It is usually fun, and often borderline out of control.

I'm not even going to talk about the time we got banned from the Texas Roadhouse in Lafayette, IN...

Quote:
So how was the raccoon meat?
So that's what it was... well, apparently it was pretty good.

Quote:
This meal just keeps getting better!

Quote:
The lighting, the composition...Bravo! Ansel Adams' estate is calling, and they'd like you to come train them in the ways of the master.

Actually, this photo is still better than 50% of the stuff I see in art museums.
Thanks... I think.

Quote:
I think you know where I side.

Quote:
How is that possible?!
I don't know, but it keeps things interesting.

Quote:
Where (or when) do you think that originated?
I have no idea.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #284
amazingact21
Upendi

Wow, that resort sounds chaotic. You've definitely convinced me to stay away from any place hosting the Pop Warner crowd this year. Exploring the resort grounds and swimming are two of my favorite ways to enjoy some downtime, and I'd go nuts having cheerleaders swarm every available pool.

And a note on the kids at the pool with drinks...I know when I traveled with my family as a mid-teenager, my mom would always get me a virgin drink. I just liked the taste of the pina colada and daiquiri. Not saying it was the case here, but maybe the parents just got them glorified smoothies.

It's great that you got a little father-son time at the MK, and I'll have to tell my DH about the diaper in the cargo shorts trick. I'm sure he'll be using that with our DS in order to avoid a stroller and bag.

Your dinner sounds like it was fun and relaxing. It's nice when you get a good server that'll go along with your antics and provide great service.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #285
MEK
DIS Veteran

All those tweens and teens sound SO annoying! Yikes!

Beautiful picture of the WL tree! I just love how they decorate for Christmas there. It's awesome.

Sorry you got a crappy table at dinner. The ketchup antics and the stick horse races are a huge part of the fun. Even if the food is good, its fun to feel like you are part of it. Thank goodness for a great waitress.

Glad you sister could find something to eat and that she was starting to feel better from her gluten assault.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Tags
bar, csr, mvmcp, pop warner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: