Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #451
DreamingPink
Disney Veteran

I am finally coming out of lurkdom (is that even a word?) haha, to post on here. I am so amazed that you get to experience the DCP, your parents have raised you right! I hope my daughter takes advantage of the DCP when she goes to school in 3 more years. Keep up the great posts, you deserve the best.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #452
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Just have to share- I am going down to Disney again April 11-14 and we just booked Coronado! If I see you I will stop and say hi!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #453
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

I love reading about your experience! You'll have to get pictures when Mark is working- what an amazing experience to be friends with classics like Baloo and Goofy!

Hope you had a great weekend!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #454
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

February 1st, 2013 (Part 1) - 1900 Park Fare!

Today was my last day of front desk classroom training!

I posted on twitter:
Just did my last practice check-in! Next time I do a check-in it'll be with a REAL GUEST!!!!!!!!!! (and a trainer. lol)

The good news is after all of that hard work, I HAVE A DAY OFF TOMORROW!!!!!

So I drove home after class and went to my room. Soon Mark called me and told me he wasnt going to make it home in time for our dinner reservation. We planned to go to Whispering Canyon tonight as our celebration dinner but we needed to get a later time.

Unfortunately, there were no more times for Whispering Canyon tonight.

HOWEVER.... there was one for........

1900 PARK FARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its one of the character meals on our bucket list so we booked it! WOOHOO I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! Mark cant wait to try his first taste of strawberry soup!

I posted on twitter:
I'm on the WDW Dining line right now making dinner reservations for tonight and I just got SO EXCITED. #im5yearsold

We wanted to go out to dinner and celebrate because I finished my Disney University training and Mark had his first day of work today!

So after calling the reservation line, we got 1900 Park Fare booked for 4 at 8:20 pm. Lindsay and Sammie Jo would be joining us!

We all left and drove to the Grand Floridian. WHICH IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RESORT ON THE PLANET. Like literally, every time I walk in there I just wonder how long its going to take for them to ask me to move in.

1900 Park Fare was very close to the entrance where we walked in. So we checked in and were seated in about 5 minutes.

We were in the very front room on the left side. We had THE BEST TABLE because the character attendant was standing right by us. She took all of the pictures for us and she was SO nice! We had two cameras and five characters came out, so she was so wonderfully patient and hospitable.

PRINCESS SIGHTING!

Our first character was Prince Charming! He was nice and told us about him and Prince Phillips different sword fighting styles.

Our second character was the beautiful Cinderella! The new dress looked GORGEOUS on her! I commented on the new dress and she showed us her new glass slippers! Theyre so pretty! (: Mark also asked her where her Fairy Godmother was and Cinderella said she was helping out with Wishes tonight, so she wasn't able to make it to dinner. God mothers gotta do what they gotta do!

Next was Anastasia who was my favorite character to meet tonight. She was SO funny! She told us about how there are no princes in this kingdom for her and she keeps asking her Mother if they can leave and try somewhere new. But her Mother refuses!

Next was Lady Tremaine. Her autograph was AWESOME. Very fancy looking. When she asked us how we were, I was all perky and smiley, and she said she deals with princesses like me all day. However, theyre usually travel sized. I'm just normal sized. We all took a glaring portrait together.

Last was Drizella. She was VERY self-centered. She had quite a bit of an attitude, especially when we asked her to sign the autograph on the page next to her sister!

I posted on twitter:
MEETING CHARACTERS IS MY FAVORITE THING TO DO

As far as the food goes, THIS BUFFET IS DELICIOUS. Can we just talk about how they have SUSHI!?!?! LIKE WHAT!?!?! That must be a new addition because I dont remember them having sushi before. But it was SO GOOD. That was one of my highlights of this buffet. The mac and cheese was DELICIOUS as well.

But even more so, the Mashed Potatoes were INCREDIBLE!!!!! Say it with me... the best part about Disney buffet are... THE CARBS!!!!!!

Also, that strawberry soup is TO DIE FOR. I actually had some of the bread pudding and put the strawberry soup on top. BRILLIANT COMBINATION.

The desserts were all delicious. The cinnamon bread pudding was my favorite (not pictured) but there were tons of other options, too. The fruit tart was wonderful, the cheesecake was great, and the rice krispie treat was so fresh! This buffet was worth every penny! (We definitely ate our money's worth! I dont even have the majority of our plates photographed)

Our server was wonderful, too! He was actually from a town about an hour and a half away from where Mark and I live. So that was really cool to talk to him about how we get to brag about the good weather down here!

Cinderella and Prince Charming danced before we left so I had to go take pictures:

We left the restaurant and went to explore the Grand a little bit more! We took lots of pictures!

IT'S JUST SO GORGEOUS IN HERE.

UNCLE JESSE, WHERE ARE YOU?!

MORE PICTURES!

In honor of dinner...

We took the elevator upstairs...

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 10-22-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #455
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

February 1st, 2013 (Part 2) - Finishing Disney University and 1900 Park Fare!

Panoramic shot!

Best friends!

"MARK, LAY ON THE FLOOR AND TAKE A PICTURE WITH GOOFY!" He did it.

Then we went up to the gift show and then watched the band and listened to their music. They were playing "In the Mood" from the Parent Trap and "Ma Belle Evangeline" from The Princess and the Frog. I was LOVING IT. Mark and I were waltzing and practicing our dance moves. It was great.

I posted on twitter:
THE GRAND FLORIDIAN BAND IS PLAYING A SONG FROM THE PARENT TRAP. That's it. I'm getting married here.

Group picture!

Back downstairs!

I love my Minnie!

Then we walked out of Grand Floridian and took more pictures. There are so many fun photo ops in the entrance. For example, the red carpet!

WELCOME TO THE GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA!

Mark looks like he works on the Haunted Mansion.

So cute!

Then we drove back. I was getting SLEEPY. Duffy and I say good night!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 10-20-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #456
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

lol @ uncle jesse where are you haha ure so cute!!! N OMg I love Cinderellas new dress I think irts much nicer than the old one

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #457
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

Leaving today to come visit the Mouse!! Maybe we will run into you somewhere along the way! LOL

First attempt at a PTR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1850788
The "HOW DID I PULL THIS ONE OUT OF MY HAT?" Trip Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27349670
cjhinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #458
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Jess, our daughter keeps telling us she's getting married at GF too! :-)

Have you ever been to afternoon tea at the GF? One of our favorite things to do n our first day of each trip!

Thanks for your reports - they are giving us a great inside look of what my daughter hopes to do after her senior year of college!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #459
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Joining in a little late but I'm all caught up and loving these updates!

We were in Disney 1/25-29 and saw a lot of CMs with the little red trainee ribbons underneath their name tags during our visit. I also saw a couple of CM trainees in front of ToT on the 27th dressed in their hotel uniforms getting an orientation of sorts from another CM about the timeline of the hotel and how their roles fit into narrative. Seeing the picture of you wearing your roommate's ToT hotel cap reminded me.

Hope you continue to enjoy your college program!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #460
katt789
DIS Veteran

Dude, I’m five years old too, I get so excited over everything Disney related! Oh that’s so awesome that the attendant was able to take pictures for you during dinner, that’s great!!

Ah! Cindy is gorgeous!!!! I do actually really like the new dress, it definitely took some getting used to, but the new look is great!!

Ahaha, Disney carbs are the GREATEST!! I love the 1900 dinner, they’ve got great food, and the characters are so much fun!

The GF is just so gorgeous!! I can’t get over it, every time I’m there I’m just seriously blown away! Bahaha!! Love that Mark laid on the floor to get a pic with Goofy, hope he’s having fun hanging out with him!!

I saw the pins you got on twitter, they were absolutely awesome, good trades!! Ack, now I’m really excited for our dinner at 1900!!!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #461
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

That is so awesome you got an ADR for 1900… ESPECIALLY a few hours before!

Prince Charming looks… OLD. I don’t like him at all!

You wore the PERFECT shirt for this ADR!

I am not a fan of the new Cinderella clip art, but I LOVE her dress! And have you seen Belle’s dress? IT IS AMAZING.

STRAWBERRY SOUP. I find it awesome they sell it in the QS at the GF.

Your pictures of the GF are just fabulous. It is DEFINITELY one of the most beautiful resorts on the planet.
LifeIsDis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #462
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

That soup looks so nummy, I'll have to try that sometime. Great pictures, as always! Have fun on your day off!

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
1000HappyWishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #463
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the updates. You got a Duffy
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #464
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

Mark's glare in the picture with Cinderella's Step Mother was my absolute favorite! It was so funny. That and the picture of him helping you on to the carriage...working at the haunted mansion is like my dream job )
dramaqueenemj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #465
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Ahhh the GF. I could stand in that lobby for hours, just thinking of Uncle Jesse. LOL

Glad that you are about to start checking guests in, that will be so much fun. I can't wait to hear about the magic that you bring to your guests!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: