Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #646
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

What a lovely sprinkling of pixie dust You should so apply for that part-time role! I totally would if there was a Disney store anywhere me! You're VERY lucky to have a Disney outlet so close although it could prove to be dangerous

Love your Mickey t-shirts - can't believe they're your first ones! I can see a bling trend happening with all your recent shopping

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 DLR Half Marathon Weekend PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #647
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
What a lovely sprinkling of pixie dust You should so apply for that part-time role! I totally would if there was a Disney store anywhere me! You're VERY lucky to have a Disney outlet so close although it could prove to be dangerous

Love your Mickey t-shirts - can't believe they're your first ones! I can see a bling trend happening with all your recent shopping
It really was.
I may do just that, we'll have to see if I can fit it in with family life. The store is just far enough away to not be too big of a danger for me.

I'm a bling girl, have been even before I lost the weight. I haven't worn much with bling in a while. I haven't splurged....sorry, splashed out much when it comes to the clothes I've gotten for myself while I'm transitioning. It feels good to buy things I love again and not just things to get by with.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #648
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Finally caught up here!

I'm so glad the stuff with Mackie and school worked out. Last I heard from you about that was that you might have to move the trip. WAHOO for an understanding principal and that she's excited for you too!

Love both the dresses you linked to! Macy's sometimes has some incredible sales, so keep watch! I have bought $200 dresses there for less than $20!

Your new Mickey shirts and tank tops are cute too. I'm so glad to see you've started to treat yourself with some new clothing, it will be so much fun to wear it all on the trip! I remember after my big weight loss a few years ago doing the same thing and being in awe of what I could wear. Now, I need to get rid of the 10 that has crept back on.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #649
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Nice Mickey shirts!

When you finally become a CM, can you hook me up with some discounts?

WTG making that family so happy!

Now STOP going to church or you will end up spending all your money in the Disney store.
that's nice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #650
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Finally caught up here!

I'm so glad the stuff with Mackie and school worked out. Last I heard from you about that was that you might have to move the trip. WAHOO for an understanding principal and that she's excited for you too!

At worst Mackenzie will have to make up the hours she's missed. I'm not worried about it. In fact she won't get to go on the OR trip that John and I are going on (just for a couple of days-for John's great uncle's 90 birthday party). As you know she missed two more days of school this last week due to the norovirus, poor baby. She woke me up in the middle of the night with her being sick most of the rest of the night, poor,baby girl. I hate it when my kiddos get sick.

Love both the dresses you linked to! Macy's sometimes has some incredible sales, so keep watch! I have bought $200 dresses there for less than $20!

Good to know! I'll be keeping my eye out for it, I'm certainly not paying full price for it. Waaaay too pricey for a dress, at least for me. Now if it were for some really fancy, dancy thing Mr. Incredible and I were going to then that would be different, but this will be for tea and to have on hand for other occasions. Come to think of it, it would make a great Easter dress for Church too. Hmmmmm.
This losing the weight thing has opened me up to wearing things I would have never even thought of in the past. When you are as overweight as I was, wearing dresses made you feel like a giant tent, it wasn't gonna happen.

Your new Mickey shirts and tank tops are cute too. I'm so glad to see you've started to treat yourself with some new clothing, it will be so much fun to wear it all on the trip! I remember after my big weight loss a few years ago doing the same thing and being in awe of what I could wear. Now, I need to get rid of the 10 that has crept back on.
Thank you!! It's certainly opened me up to all the fun I've been missing out on for the last 21 years or better. I'm having a lot of fun with this. It's a bit nerve wracking buying things you hope you'll fit into for a trip in three months!! I'm pretty safe in saying I'll lose at the very least another 15 lb., hopefully the full 25, but I'm trying to be realistic. If I don't make the big goal by the trip I'll still work on it once I'm back. I'm not quiting until I get where I want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Nice Mickey shirts!

Thank you. Hopefully I'll find some more cute one's between now and the trip. Although to be honest.... I'm not much on wearing character shirts. They have to be pretty cute and special to even think about wearing them. We'll see.

When you finally become a CM, can you hook me up with some discounts?

Sure! If I can!

WTG making that family so happy!

More than anything I wanted the mom to be at ease about the trip. Between the wise CM lady and I, I think we helped her realize she could go on this trip and have peace of mind she would have a great time and not have to worry too much.

Now STOP going to church or you will end up spending all your money in the Disney store.
Yeaaaa, those are words to live by! Ummmm, I'm gonna tell God you said that.

God: Camille.....Why did you stop going to church?

Me: Weeeeeell......Tim made me do it!! Yea, that's it, it's Tim's fault!

DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!

Last edited by Millie12591; 02-04-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #651
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

The biopsy results came in for my husband. Scotty is CANCER FREE!!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #652
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #653
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39
Awesome news! So happy for you guys!
that's nice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #654
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Awesome news! So happy for you guys!

Thank you so much!!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #655
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YES!!!!

Michele, I can't tell you how happy this makes me, I can't imagine how happy y'all are!!!

I'm doin a serious happy dance in my chair right now.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #656
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

First off, LOVE the shirts!

You have Mickey with bling. What's better than that, honestly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Awww, bless your heart. Physical therapy can be a real....well, you know! I know because I've done it twice-possibly a third time if this swelling doesn't go down in my knee soon.
But I can't imagine what it would be like to do after a surgery, I'll be praying for your recovery. Hang in there sweetie.
And by the way.....yea for you on the eating healthy!! I probably would have started eating all kinds of junk to make me "feel better," back in the day.
So happy to hear you aren't.
Let me know what I can do for you while you heal, not sure what it could be, but let me know any way! Is there something here in Texas (that I could send to you) that would cheer you up?

Thank you for your kind words!!! I really appreciate it.

And I won't lie, I definitely ate some junk immediately following my surgery, but pretty shortly after I got back on diet. Being homebound has been great incentive for me to focus on myself and my physical health! I figure if I can lose the weight now, everyone will just think I look so fabulous when I finally re-emerge from the cocoon of my home. Never mind that I feel so much better getting closer to goal.

Hmm.

What could you send me from Texas? My goodness. I would not even know what to ask for!!! But the offer is lovely, and your kind words mean so much to me and put a smile on my face. And that's really the best gift you could ever give me.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #657
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is WONDERFUL news.

Fabulous Fabulous.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #658
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
YES!!!!

Michele, I can't tell you how happy this makes me, I can't imagine how happy y'all are!!!

I'm doin a serious happy dance in my chair right now.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
That is WONDERFUL news.

Fabulous Fabulous.

Thank you!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #659
Skybabyy
In my Laughing Place

I love love love your story SO much!!! This is so inspirational, you have no idea. My mom is over 60 and struggles so very hard to lose weight after having dealt with so many setbacks and surgeries. It's always been a dream of mine to go to DisneyWorld with her, but with her handicaps, it just seems really impossible that she would enjoy it the way she deserves to.

Once I get home from college for spring break, I will share this with her. Your story really touched me and even though I don't know you... through reading your story, I feel like I do. Congratulations on Disney with your daughter!! Keep the faith <3!!
Skybabyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:41 AM   #660
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
First off, LOVE the shirts!

You have Mickey with bling. What's better than that, honestly?

Not much really. Hoping to find a few more.

Thank you for your kind words!!! I really appreciate it.

And I won't lie, I definitely ate some junk immediately following my surgery, but pretty shortly after I got back on diet. Being homebound has been great incentive for me to focus on myself and my physical health! I figure if I can lose the weight now, everyone will just think I look so fabulous when I finally re-emerge from the cocoon of my home. Never mind that I feel so much better getting closer to goal.

You are more than welcome, I can't imagine how icky it is to be stuck at home not feeling your best. The best part is you getting better than you were before and looking amazing when you do it!! And you will!

Hmm.

What could you send me from Texas? My goodness. I would not even know what to ask for!!! But the offer is lovely, and your kind words mean so much to me and put a smile on my face. And that's really the best gift you could ever give me.
A smile on your face is a major bonus, especially knowing what you must be going through. I'll have to think of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
That is WONDERFUL news.

Fabulous Fabulous.

Quote:
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybabyy View Post
I love love love your story SO much!!! This is so inspirational, you have no idea. My mom is over 60 and struggles so very hard to lose weight after having dealt with so many setbacks and surgeries. It's always been a dream of mine to go to DisneyWorld with her, but with her handicaps, it just seems really impossible that she would enjoy it the way she deserves to.

Oooooh Thank you. You are so sweet to say this. This very thing is why I shared my story here, I knew someone would gain something from my story and hopefully take back their life. My mom too has been through many surgeries and has had many medical set backs so I totally understand what you are talking about. I don't think I'll ever get to go to Disney with her.

Once I get home from college for spring break, I will share this with her. Your story really touched me and even though I don't know you... through reading your story, I feel like I do. Congratulations on Disney with your daughter!! Keep the faith <3!!
Awww, this is so sweet. You must be about my son's age, he's 20 and is away at college too.
Bless your heart, I am keeping the faith and hoping to make it to my goals.

Oh! And.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: