Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #91
Jabali
Jambo!~

I have asked for an upgrade every year for the past 7/8 years.....how many times do you think I have received one? 7 or 8. Every year we get an upgrade for free, I don't know if its that we have been so many times, or we just know a lot of people who work in the results (met them many times), but asking never hurts.
Jabali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #92
pl4bby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabali
I have asked for an upgrade every year for the past 7/8 years.....how many times do you think I have received one? 7 or 8. Every year we get an upgrade for free, I don't know if its that we have been so many times, or we just know a lot of people who work in the results (met them many times), but asking never hurts.
I have been many times and don't expect free just BC I have. I could never be tacky and ask for something I wasn't willing to pay for
pl4bby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #93
Jabali
Jambo!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl4bby View Post
I have been many times and don't expect free just BC I have. I could never be tacky and ask for something I wasn't willing to pay for
Well. I can.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #94
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabali View Post
I have asked for an upgrade every year for the past 7/8 years.....how many times do you think I have received one? 7 or 8.
I don't think so, some people posting here say that's impossible.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #95
MyPrinceWillCome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabali View Post
Well. I can.
MyPrinceWillCome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #96
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
I don't think so, some people posting here say that's impossible.
I'll go out on a limb here... if Jabali is staying at AKL- as the ID hints- and they are booking AKL Arusha Savannah view" rooms, the upgradet o bunk beds is only a differnce of $2 per night at full rack rates. Also "Standard view" to "pool view" is only about $10 per day upgrade - even at full rack rates. So it really depends what kind of upgrade we mean. I could see it being pretty easy to get upgraded to bunks for free. Seriously, the amount of time it takes to rebill the customer would cost Disney more.

Also, sometimes- and this is particularly true at AKL, due to it's layout, the room designations are mixed. For example, at AKL everyone wants a view of the animals. Some rooms might be technically categorized as "safari view" but they are far down a very LONG hallway, or they have an obstruction of some kind. If you pay for safari view, and you get one of those rooms, you might not be all that happy. if you are comped that room, then you are going to overlook the flaws.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #97
Jabali
Jambo!~

Never stayed at AKL. See my signature.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #98
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

I always ask for upgrades no matter where I travel. I very politely ask if there is an upgrade available. If the answe is no, it is no. On many occasions, I get the upgrade, sometimes it is offered for free, sometimes for a small fee. It never hurts to ask as long as it done respectfully and professionally. For those of you worried so much about offending, you've probably missed out on some great stuff in life that was available for the asking. It isn't rude, the CM won't be embarrassed and you may very well get an excellent opportunity out of it. I always pay it forward by writing a great on- line review and/ or calling out special CMs to the hotel manager in a follow up e- mail.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #99
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

Is it possible to upgrade from a value to a moderate?

I'm able to pay the difference just wondering if you can be upgraded from a value to a moderate.

My situation: I wanted to stay in a Royal room at POR for my birthday, but didn't know how to book a split stay, so I booked the entire stay at POP

I have the extra $$ but didn't know if you can upgrade to a different resort once u are there.

Me DS 18

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP), March 2014 - AS Sports
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #100
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleWDWfan View Post

I'm able to pay the difference just wondering if you can be upgraded from a value to a moderate.

My situation: I wanted to stay in a Royal room at POR for my birthday, but didn't know how to book a split stay, so I booked the entire stay at POP

I have the extra $$ but didn't know if you can upgrade to a different resort once u are there.
I think itís very rare, unless something is wrong with the value, like thereís construction going on, or itís completely full and double booked.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge resort not yet decided!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #101
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Sure, you can upgrade when you arrive at Pop, but there may not be any Royal rooms available at POR by then, and you would likely have to pay rack rate (full price) - any discounts you have available now may not be usable. Much better to call and make the change now.

Booking a split stay just means you're making two separate reservations. You make your reservation for POP for the dates you want to stay there, and then make another reservation for the Royal room at POR for the dates you want to stay there.
Lynne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #102
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
Sure, you can upgrade when you arrive at Pop, but there may not be any Royal rooms available at POR by then, and you would likely have to pay rack rate (full price) - any discounts you have available now may not be usable. Much better to call and make the change now.

Booking a split stay just means you're making two separate reservations. You make your reservation for POP for the dates you want to stay there, and then make another reservation for the Royal room at POR for the dates you want to stay there.

Thank you so much for the info Lynne! I'm going to give them a call

Me DS 18

Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP), March 2014 - AS Sports
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #103
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:

If you are willing to pay for it and there is availability, yes, you can do so.

You would have to check out of the resort; take a credit for the night not used and then check back into POR.

If you want to do so now, you can book a split stay by booking two separate reservations. As long as you are less than 45 days from check-in, you can decrease your stay at POP by one day (or how many ever days you wish).

Then you can book a new reservation with a room-only reservation and pay one night's deposit.

You leave your tickets as needed for your entire stay.

If you have dining, you will need to pay OOP for your POR stay.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #104
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

I have a 6n/7d package reservation at POP with DxDDP Mar 6-12

My birthday is at the end of my trip (11th)

Me DS 18

Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #105
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
I have a 6n/7d package reservation at POP with DxDDP Mar 6-12

My birthday is at the end of my trip (11th)
That would work perfectly for you; you would have two nights at POR!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: