Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #76
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Love that parade so much! Too funny about Stitch. I love when he's doing something crazy- so in character!

That's the best part about watching the parade where it starts in my opinion. You can duck right over to TST and meet Mickey/ the princesses with just about no wait

I too found a boring interaction with Cinderella on our last trip. And it wasn't just us, it seemed she was like that with everyone. So sad.

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 02-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #77
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Love that parade so much! Too funny about Stitch. I love when he's doing something crazy- so in character!

That's the best part about watching the parade where it starts in my opinion. You can duck right over to TST and meet Mickey/ the princesses with just about no wait

I too found a boring interaction with Cinderella on our last trip. And it wasn't just us, it seemed she was like that with everyone. So sad.
I know!! I've heard some rumors that it's ending soon, which I mean, I get, because it's been on for a while, and a new one would be cool, BUT, I really love it, it'd be sad to see it go!! I love when characters play around more into their roles, it's awesome!!

I know!! I usually go to Frontierland for the space, but I really liked doing it then ducking into the princesses, NO LINE! haha.

I've only had like, 2 really good interactions with Cindy, the not so good princess for me used to be Aurora, but she's gotten so much better over the last little bit!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #78
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

I know!! I've heard some rumors that it's ending soon, which I mean, I get, because it's been on for a while, and a new one would be cool, BUT, I really love it, it'd be sad to see it go!! I love when characters play around more into their roles, it's awesome!!

I know!! I usually go to Frontierland for the space, but I really liked doing it then ducking into the princesses, NO LINE! haha.

I've only had like, 2 really good interactions with Cindy, the not so good princess for me used to be Aurora, but she's gotten so much better over the last little bit!!

I will be so sad when it ends. I understand it has to at some point but I will be very sad!

We usually watch from right where it starts by the barber shop and usually find that not too many people are there until right before the parade!

July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Old 02-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #79
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Just stumbled on to your TR's and I've read them all now! It's great to see another young solo traveller. I took my first solo trip at 19 (25 now) and people thought I was crazy-they still do. haha Glad I'm not the only young girls who loves to go solo.

I love reading about all your interactions with Naveen. What a cool friendship you guys have started!!!

Can't wait to read more of your reports!!!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #80
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Just stumbled on to your TR's and I've read them all now! It's great to see another young solo traveller. I took my first solo trip at 19 (25 now) and people thought I was crazy-they still do. haha Glad I'm not the only young girls who loves to go solo.

I love reading about all your interactions with Naveen. What a cool friendship you guys have started!!!

Can't wait to read more of your reports!!!
Hi!! Glad you've been reading along and enjoying!! I absolutely love travellign solo, I just have to make sure to take short trips, haha, when I have too much time I do tend to get a little bored, but hey, it's part of the fun!

Bahaha, it's ridiculous, I mean, when it gets to the point that the characters recognize you, and know you by name, it's hilarious!!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #81
katt789
DIS Veteran

Swooning

I started off my journey in Magic Kingdom down Main Street;

The Christmas wreaths down Main Street are so pretty! I do love Main Streets themeing depending on the season, it’s great!

Then, took the left turn over the bridge into Adventureland, I figured I’d check on the wait time for Tink & Periwinkle next. Verdict: 45 minutes, no thank you, I’ll come back again later! After a quick bathroom break, I headed over towards Fantasyland Expansion to see all the new stuff in the sunlight. I knew it would still be super crowded, but hey, when in Rome, right? Along the way I discovered some fun stuff to watch too!

[i] They’ve started the Fantasyland “Streetmosphere!”[i]

Throughout the couple of days I was there I saw what seemed to be 2 couples that would roam around “old” Fantasyland and schtick with the guests, giving them things to do and celebrating birthdays and just being awesome!

The expansion was once again super crowded, it also didn’t help that between the Ariel area, and Storybook circus, they have a gate that usually stays closed unless it’s really crowded, so you have to go to the end and then turn around and go back out the way you came in. Makes for some intense bottle necked crowds, but I’m sure it’ll pass soon!

I decided to head into Gaston’s Tavern to take a bit of a look around and maybe pick up a little something to taste too!

The main specialties on the menu are “LeFou’s Brew” and the “Roasted Pork Shank” you can get the brew (which is non-alcoholic) in a little souvenir goblet with Belle on it, or in a tavern mug with Gaston on it, or you can opt for a little throw away cup! The restaurant also offers fruit cups, the famous cinnamon buns, hummus and crackers, and a few other snack items.

No biggie, just enjoying a Le Fou’s Brew in FLE!!

Jess definitely tweeted at me asking how it was, and I meant to tweet back that it was awesome, but somehow tweeted back Paige instead…ooops!! The “brew” definitely had a lot off different flavoring to it, it was super sweet at the first half, and by the end of it, it was kinda like when a slurpee has no flavor but all ice in it. It was really delicious though!

Looking around in the dining area over to the right of the ordering area, it’s all set up like the tavern in the movie, so awesome! They’ve also got the portrait of Gaston, and his giant chair!

Over to the right side there’s more dining space available, and there’s a game of darts “going on” that Gaston is always in the lead for! I also noticed while I was in the Tavern that the music playing isn’t just fun instrumental music that fits the area, it’s music from the BROADWAY PLAY, in instrumental versions. Currently playing was “Maison De Lune” seriously, I was blown away by the fact that they did that. Over in Ariel’s area they do the same thing! Also, once you’ve listened to the Broadway music, and then you re-watch the original movies, you’ll notice that they took a lot of the instrumental background music from the movies, and put words to it for the plays. Seriously. Disney. Is. Amazing.

I browsed through Bonjour Gifts quickly while I drank the brew, and still didn’t really see anything that superbly grabbed me, and kinda just wandered through a bit, then I had a little thought;

I literally just thought to myself “Isn’t Gaston supposed to be out for meet & greets?!” and turned around into him #greattiming

Well, I didn’t turn right into him, but walked into the general area where he was doing the meet & greets, and of course, I wasn’t about to turn that meet and greet down, so I jumped in line! While I was waiting I definitely witnessed the most adorable thing too!

Gaston is such a dreamboat & his heart just warmed thanks to an adorable baby! #swoon

It was seriously the cutest thing I’ve seen, especially involving a male villain character, yes please. He kinda just started playing around with the baby and getting all cute talking to it, ADORBS! I was swooning pretty hard! And despite the fact that he is a villain, I’ve heard tons of stories and seen pictures of Tumblr or him interacting with small kids, or talking to a pregnant woman’s belly, saying that the baby has to come out so he can protect the ladies like his older sister. Ha! Adorable.

We took a couple of pictures and chatted a little bit, but it’s been too long and now I totally can’t remember what we talked about, but I know he was dreamy, and he certainly was a great Gaston, and right into the role. #stillswooninghere.

I said goodbye to my new Disney boyfriend, and figured I could hit up some more characters, but definitely found Merida’s line to be way too long to bother getting in, I could skip her this trip. As I rounded the bend into the Hub, I did find something entertaining to watch!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #82
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

I love love love the wreaths on Main St. When we were there at a photopass photographer, I heard a girl complaining that the wreaths were gonna be in all her castle pictures and I didn't get it!

The new Fantasyland is so amazing! I love the music playing (and it's even in the bathrooms lol)! We definitely were waiting around to see if Gaston would come out and found him behind a wall. I guess that's how Gaston M&Gs are, you just stumble upon him They definitely found good friends for Gaston because ours was different but still amazing.

Ariel's grotto also might just be my favorite place on the planet.

I really don't understand that whole gate to Storybook Circus nonsense. The first day we were there we were able to walk through and then the next day they had someone directing everyone around the other way I feel like it'd be easier to just let everyone through but I'm sure there's a good reason?

Old 02-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #83
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I think I have Maddie talked into meeting Gaston (she's not wild about villains)! Looks like a fun day at new FL. I suppose the crowds are to be expected.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #84
stink
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying your trip reports...I will be going solo for the first time for a portion of my May trip...kinda nervous about it...
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #85
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Love Main Street with all of the decorations! I wanted to steal on of the Mickey shaped wreaths to put on my door at home.

We saw those Fantasyland couples but had no idea who they were! They had a group of children with them so we thought it was some kind of sprecial tour. It always amazes me that no matter how much I read about Disney there is still something I don't know.

The LeFou's Brew looks interesting. I need to try that this time. 21 days!

I watched the Gaston Meet & Greet and it looked like a lot of fun. I don't think he is very "villian" like at all! Most of the Disney villains though are pretty evil and I wouldn't really put Gaston in that category.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #86
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I love everything about the new Fantasyland, but I have to say that their forced perspective on Beast's castle doesn't work that well, except maybe from a few very specific angles.

Gaston sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad he's out regularly now and hope to meet him one day.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #87
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
I love love love the wreaths on Main St. When we were there at a photopass photographer, I heard a girl complaining that the wreaths were gonna be in all her castle pictures and I didn't get it!

The new Fantasyland is so amazing! I love the music playing (and it's even in the bathrooms lol)! We definitely were waiting around to see if Gaston would come out and found him behind a wall. I guess that's how Gaston M&Gs are, you just stumble upon him They definitely found good friends for Gaston because ours was different but still amazing.

Ariel's grotto also might just be my favorite place on the planet.

I really don't understand that whole gate to Storybook Circus nonsense. The first day we were there we were able to walk through and then the next day they had someone directing everyone around the other way I feel like it'd be easier to just let everyone through but I'm sure there's a good reason?

Baha! That's so weird, I can understand not wanting the wreaths in the picture, but just go down to the hub then! Lol I NEED TO CHECK OUT THESE BATHROOMS!! Somehow I didn't in November, and everyone's been talking about how awesome they are! Clearly they're awesome, lol. Dear God, the friends of Gaston's, like, I can't even start, they're all so attractive! Lol. I'm not really sure about that gate either, I think it might have something to do with the other construction that's going on, so they only open it when it's super busy? Who knows?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I think I have Maddie talked into meeting Gaston (she's not wild about villains)! Looks like a fun day at new FL. I suppose the crowds are to be expected.
Haha! Good! He's a lot of fun, and for being a villain, he's not scary or mean at all, just thinks very high of himself! Lol

Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #88
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
Really enjoying your trip reports...I will be going solo for the first time for a portion of my May trip...kinda nervous about it...
Yay! Glad you've been following along and enjoying! Don't be nervous about being solo, it's amazing, you get to do whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Love Main Street with all of the decorations! I wanted to steal on of the Mickey shaped wreaths to put on my door at home.

We saw those Fantasyland couples but had no idea who they were! They had a group of children with them so we thought it was some kind of sprecial tour. It always amazes me that no matter how much I read about Disney there is still something I don't know.

The LeFou's Brew looks interesting. I need to try that this time. 21 days!

I watched the Gaston Meet & Greet and it looked like a lot of fun. I don't think he is very "villian" like at all! Most of the Disney villains though are pretty evil and I wouldn't really put Gaston in that category.
Oh my god yes, I can't wait to have my own house so I can have little Disney touches like that. Like, I'm not a huge fan of "in your face Disney" merch, that's why I like TrenD, but I still like hidden mickey stuff, and the more subtle stuff!

Hahah! Thhe only reason I knew what they were is because I seriously check the audition website daily for new stuff. They were looking for comedic, improv actors, and I figured it was more "streetmosphere" type stuff, I'll have to stick around longer and watch more in a few weeks! (EEEEEK) And yes!! We should defs grab a brew and see if Gaston's out before we head over to BOG!! Gaston isn't very villain like at all! He's just awesome, he honestly seems like a TON of fun to meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I love everything about the new Fantasyland, but I have to say that their forced perspective on Beast's castle doesn't work that well, except maybe from a few very specific angles.

Gaston sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad he's out regularly now and hope to meet him one day.
Yeah....it just looks like a little topper on top of the mountain....I don't think it works, but it still looks awesome, lol. Gaston's great! The only reason I'm okay with Prince Eric leaving was because of Gaston coming out, now they've gotta do something BIG when they get rid of Naveen (I'm wishing for Flynn, but let's be serious...)

Old 02-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #89
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great picture update
Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #90
katt789
DIS Veteran

You're All Invited

Sigh, nothing is better than this….

There really are fewer things in the world that are as awesome as standing in front of Cinderella castle in the sunlight. *sigh* As previously stated, I was in the hub to catch some entertainment for the afternoon, and of course, that would be Dream Along with Mickey!

Time for a party! It’s so exciting!

In case you’re new to my TR’s (p.s. all you lurkers, come out to say hello!!) I dance, and thus, love taking many pictures of the dancers in shows like this, I mean, you can see the Fab 5 everywhere, not so much dancers. The one pictured above, she’s super nice, her name’s Sonya! (fact time bahah. Pagie and I had the amazing opportunity to meet the DAWM dancers in Sept!)

Okay, for one second, let’s talk about this Mickey, the one that can talk, and like, move his mouth, he’s SO FREAKING CUTE when his mouth is closed and he’s still smiling, like seriously, completely adorable!

Some of the facial expressions of the dancers are just to classic, like, seriously. I enjoy it. Since they’re dancing, and lip synching along, sometimes you just get the most amazing pictures. I also FINALLY got a kick in a picture, she may be in the back, and facing away, but hey, my goal was to try and get the kick, or the jump, and I kinda did it! Lawl.

And now that it’s time for some Regals to come out, I think we’ll give them their own update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: