Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #256
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
The elevator took a while for some reason but when everyone got out, some women were smiling and talking to mom and she told me that DS was just smiling and chatting them up. Dang, flirting already?! I got to get this kid under control or I’m in trouble later.

Without even seeing a picture I want to try that pina colada cupcake!!!

Quote:
Hey, are you still going to DL in March???
Yes!! It's really going to happen! We are flying in on a Wednesday night late, renting a car at LAX and driving down, and staying at the Ramada Maingate for two nights. We'll only really have one park day though on Thursday. Friday morning we'll have breakfast and visit DTD, then head back to LA for some sightseeing. We'll be there through Monday (the wedding is on Saturday at the Sheraton Universal City). If you have DL/LA sightseeing advice I would love to hear! I am so so so excited to visit Walt's Park!

Quote:
Just a quick DS update. He turned 4 months on on the 2nd!
I can't believe that!!! Oh my gosh time is flying and he is such a cutie!!!
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #257
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post

Without even seeing a picture I want to try that pina colada cupcake!!!

Yes!! It's really going to happen! We are flying in on a Wednesday night late, renting a car at LAX and driving down, and staying at the Ramada Maingate for two nights. We'll only really have one park day though on Thursday. Friday morning we'll have breakfast and visit DTD, then head back to LA for some sightseeing. We'll be there through Monday (the wedding is on Saturday at the Sheraton Universal City). If you have DL/LA sightseeing advice I would love to hear! I am so so so excited to visit Walt's Park!

I can't believe that!!! Oh my gosh time is flying and he is such a cutie!!!
Yay! So glad that you're still able to make it to DL! Are you planning on doing RD that Thursday morning and staying there all day? You're not doing DCA right? You're going to get everything done at DL if you're there all day. That will be very nice I have a feeling you're going to be bored with DTD. It is so small compared to WDW's. I'm sure you'll love the World of Disney there though.

You'll be in Universal City, so does that mean after the wedding, you'll be going to Universal studios? Or just driving around that Sunday? I'm not too familiar with that part of LA.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #258
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

They really do grow up fast, don't they? Good looking little guy there!

It looks like you guys had a nice lunch and some quality time at the GF.

I've noticed too that the elevator there seems really slow. And it really doesn't seem to be big enough to handle the traffic.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #259
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

We went back into the lobby to get a picture of mom in front of the tree before leaving the GF and we couldn’t find her. How did we lose her already?! Oh wait there she is, looking mischievous.

And her once more in front of the tree

As we were getting ready to leave the GF, I saw a perfect picture opportunity to get the tree with very little people around it. So pretty!

Then a few more pics

We walked outside to the bus stop so we could catch a bus back to the MK, then realized, “Wait! We’re at GF you can only do the monorail or boat.” We decided to wait and see just in case there was a bus. And there was! The monorail was still down so they were bussing people to the MK. Is there always a bus to MK from GF anyway?

Getting ready to get on the bus

The plan was to get on Dumbo with DS for the first time. So as soon as we got to MK we walked down Main Street and through Tomorrowland. And it was hot. So hot in fact, DM wanted to cool down so she ruined these 2 little girls playtime

But I don’t think the little girl in the back cared. She looked like she was still having a good time, even though some random lady came into the picture!

Soon enough, we were approaching Storybook Circus!

For some odd reason, DH wanted to get on the Barnstormer, even though he has never been on the one at Disneyland by choice. Weirdo. You can see him talking to the CM.

So even though the line looks pretty long, it actually goes by very quick because the ride itself is only like 30 seconds. Then I spotted them! You can see them waving!

In the second car

This is actually a pretty decent shot. Everyone else is blurred out except for DM. Too bad she doesn’t look happier lol!

They both enjoyed the ride but said it was way too short. Next we went into this big circus tent called Big Top Souvenirs and it was very cool inside! Haha you can see DM looking at more things to buy for DS! Aye!

Their treats counter was very impressive

We spent a good 30 minutes looking around and shopping. DM shopping for DS (of course) and we ended up buying a Minnie Mouse purse and Minnie Mouse headband for our next door neighbors daughter for her birthday. For a bit, I could not find DH. Then I spotted him with a smoothie, in which he let us all try.

Woah! Way sweet but refreshing! I believe this is a 'Goofy Glacier' where you can mix your own slushy drink from 8 different flavors. He used his Snack credit for this.

So what did DM purchase from the Circus Tent? This is what DS opened on Christmas morning:

A cute onesie

A Dumbo and Timothy Mouse toy that plays a song and makes elephant noises

A random Squirt toy

And a very cute little Storybook Circus hat

Here is he wearing it on Christmas morning

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #260
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
They really do grow up fast, don't they? Good looking little guy there!

It looks like you guys had a nice lunch and some quality time at the GF.

I've noticed too that the elevator there seems really slow. And it really doesn't seem to be big enough to handle the traffic.
Thank you! He is rather handsome.

You're so right about the elevator. Not sure why it took so long, but DM insisted that she take the elevator to see how it looked.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #261
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
We walked outside to the bus stop so we could catch a bus back to the MK, then realized, “Wait! We’re at GF you can only do the monorail or boat.” We decided to wait and see just in case there was a bus. And there was! The monorail was still down so they were bussing people to the MK. Is there always a bus to MK from GF anyway?
I thought they did offer bus service at all of the monorail resorts, but I don't know that for a fact. I do know that WL offers bus service in addition to the boats...

It is a good thing your DH decided to ride the Goofy coaster. He'd better get used to it, because you'll all be riding it a lot in a few years. It is definitely way too short though, especially if you have to wait 20 or 30 minutes.

I had one of those Goofy Glaciers too... a very nice use of a snack credit on a warm afternoon!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #262
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought they did offer bus service at all of the monorail resorts, but I don't know that for a fact. I do know that WL offers bus service in addition to the boats...

It is a good thing your DH decided to ride the Goofy coaster. He'd better get used to it, because you'll all be riding it a lot in a few years. It is definitely way too short though, especially if you have to wait 20 or 30 minutes.

I had one of those Goofy Glaciers too... a very nice use of a snack credit on a warm afternoon!
Okay, I wasn't sure if they offered bus service to MK, since they have the Monorail and the boat service. Geez, must be super nice to have 3 options of transportation I didn't know that about WL. In fact, that's one reason we never considered staying at the WL is because of the boat transportation to MK. Hmm, maybe that will get back into our list now! Thanks for mentioning this.

You're so right! Maybe DS will be too scared to ride Haha I doubt it! DH and I love all thrill rides, so i'm sure the thrill gene will be running through his blood

Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #263
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
I didn't know that about WL. In fact, that's one reason we never considered staying at the WL is because of the boat transportation to MK. Hmm, maybe that will get back into our list now! Thanks for mentioning this.
I've gotta say though, I loved the boat when we stayed there last year. It took a little bit longer than the bus, but you don't have to fold the stroller.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #264
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've gotta say though, I loved the boat when we stayed there last year. It took a little bit longer than the bus, but you don't have to fold the stroller.
Don't you have to fold the stroller up though if it's a full boat? Or no?

Old 02-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #265
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how much your DS has grown and how cute he is.

Love the new update, your GF pics are wonderful and I adore the gifts your mom got for her grandson!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #266
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I can't believe how much your DS has grown and how cute he is.

Love the new update, your GF pics are wonderful and I adore the gifts your mom got for her grandson!
It's so weird to see his one month pic and 4 month pic together. It seems like just yesterday I took that one month photo of him. Crazy how time flies!

Yay! Under 2 weeks for your vacation!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #267
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Don't you have to fold the stroller up though if it's a full boat? Or no?
Potentially, I guess this could be the case if it is crowded enough, but we never ran into that scenario. There was always room either near the front or the back of the boat, and I'd always just head straight to one of those areas and stand with the stroller. I was never asked to fold it.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #268
DanieD0909
Mouseketeer

Our little girl was born on 9/26...just a bit before yours! She also got the squirt for Xmas (and the Bambi, thumper, dumbo, and simba...just a bit spoiled from her Grammy). Anyways...in the last two weeks she just started playing with the squirt and can turn its head now and sorted move the feet...hope your DS is playing with him
Old 02-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #269
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Love the updates! DS is too cute! He is growing up quckly!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #270
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Potentially, I guess this could be the case if it is crowded enough, but we never ran into that scenario. There was always room either near the front or the back of the boat, and I'd always just head straight to one of those areas and stand with the stroller. I was never asked to fold it.
Oh good. I wasn't sure if it got full, if you would have to break it down, but glad to hear you never had to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieD0909 View Post
Our little girl was born on 9/26...just a bit before yours! She also got the squirt for Xmas (and the Bambi, thumper, dumbo, and simba...just a bit spoiled from her Grammy). Anyways...in the last two weeks she just started playing with the squirt and can turn its head now and sorted move the feet...hope your DS is playing with him
Oh wow she got all of them! Fairly recently, he's been able to grab for squirt and 'play' with him by throwing his arms up and down, but hasn't been able to twist the legs or head just yet. He does keep pushing his dumbo though to hear the noise, which is so cute to hear. Especially if I leave the room for a little bit and then hear his Dumbo go off.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: