Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
danic8824
Earning My Ears

Disney Wonder Honeymoon April 22

My fiancé and I are getting married in April and are going to Bora Bora for 5 days and then planned to do Disneyland and California for the 2nd week however my obsession for Disney and always wanting to do a Disney cruise has taken over and my awesome fiancé agreed to do the second week on the Disney cruise. This will be our first time cruising with Disney ! I am beyond excited since Bora Bora and a Disney cruise is a trip of a lifetime!!! Anyone have any insight on cruising for your honeymoon or just the Disney wonder. Ports are Cozumel and grand Cayman ... Suggestions on things to do?? TIA
danic8824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

Let them know it's your honeymoon, we had extra surprises from the staff on our Disney Cruise honeymoon.

Make reservations for the two of you at Palo.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

On our Disney Magic honeymoon in 2009, we did a day-long excursion to Stingray City combined with an afternoon at Rum Point Beach in Grand Cayman - it was definitely our favorite excursion of the trip! We went to the Tulum ruins in Cozumel, which was also quite nice but entailed a lot of traveling for what we got to see. If it interests you, wear a bathing suit under your clothes - there is beach access! (But no real place to change into clean clothes before your long bus ride home, unfortunately.)

As for on the ship, definitely make reservations at Palo, and check out Match Your Mate (like the Newlywed Game) on the first night. Splurge for a couple's massage on Castaway Cay or in one of the spa villas on the ship if that's your thing. And I agree - let them know all over everything that you are celebrating!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
danic8824
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I did note it when making reservations .. Any other things anyone can reccommend to do when on the cruise and islands- going to cozumel and The Grand Cayman
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
Jenny522
Earning My Ears

No real tips here, but just wanted to say hi as my family and I will be on the April 22 cruise as well!! Our third time on the Wonder. Relax, enjoy, celebrate!!
Jenny522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
danic8824
Earning My Ears

Thank you!!!!!

Any good excursion!??
Old 01-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Congrats on your wedding!

Shore excursion on Grand Cayman: Sting Ray City and the turtle farm.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
danic8824
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Congrats on your wedding!

Shore excursion on Grand Cayman: Sting Ray City and the turtle farm.
Thanks, we went on a cruise this past July (Carnival) and did the Sting Ray city and swam with the dolphins in Grand Cayman so trying to do something different. Any suggestions?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #9
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danic8824 View Post
My fiancé and I are getting married in April and are going to Bora Bora for 5 days and then planned to do Disneyland and California for the 2nd week however my obsession for Disney and always wanting to do a Disney cruise has taken over and my awesome fiancé agreed to do the second week on the Disney cruise. This will be our first time cruising with Disney ! I am beyond excited since Bora Bora and a Disney cruise is a trip of a lifetime!!! Anyone have any insight on cruising for your honeymoon or just the Disney wonder. Ports are Cozumel and grand Cayman ... Suggestions on things to do?? TIA
We also honeymooned on the Wonder and it was perfect. Book a room on the forward end of the ship and you'll be one elevator ride away from all the adult areas except Palo, which is deck 10 aft. We spent all our time at Quiet Cove, Outlook, the Spa, and Route 66. At dinner we were seated with two other couple travelling without children. If your honeymoon is noted on your reservation then your stateroom host and your dining team will already be aware and will make things extra special. Also, if you're the type (and we most certainly are) wear something indicating your newlywed status on embarkation day. We had bride and groom ear hats and t-shirts and CMs remembered us the whole trip just from that. Also, the characters you meet the first day in that get-up (say, Minnie Mouse in the terminal) will make a huge deal about you the entire trip as well. Every time I went to a Minnie op she would go nuts over my rings and Mickey would congratulate DH. Captain Hook tried to fight him for me on Pirate Night as well.

We didn't go to your ports, though, so I have no advice there.

If you haven't picked a registry yet, do the Disney Honeymoon Registry. We ended up with $2500 for our onboard account! We did everything we wanted to without considering cost, including buying art, and still had money on the card left over to use on a cruise last year for DD's birthday.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
danic8824
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
We also honeymooned on the Wonder and it was perfect. Book a room on the forward end of the ship and you'll be one elevator ride away from all the adult areas except Palo, which is deck 10 aft. We spent all our time at Quiet Cove, Outlook, the Spa, and Route 66. At dinner we were seated with two other couple travelling without children. If your honeymoon is noted on your reservation then your stateroom host and your dining team will already be aware and will make things extra special. Also, if you're the type (and we most certainly are) wear something indicating your newlywed status on embarkation day. We had bride and groom ear hats and t-shirts and CMs remembered us the whole trip just from that. Also, the characters you meet the first day in that get-up (say, Minnie Mouse in the terminal) will make a huge deal about you the entire trip as well. Every time I went to a Minnie op she would go nuts over my rings and Mickey would congratulate DH. Captain Hook tried to fight him for me on Pirate Night as well.

We didn't go to your ports, though, so I have no advice there.

If you haven't picked a registry yet, do the Disney Honeymoon Registry. We ended up with $2500 for our onboard account! We did everything we wanted to without considering cost, including buying art, and still had money on the card left over to use on a cruise last year for DD's birthday.
Thank you for the advice. Our room was selected for us, is there a way to change this via the computer? or search for available rooms. Also, we have a balcony room is there a way to see upgrades on the website?

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danic8824

Thank you for the advice. Our room was selected for us, is there a way to change this via the computer? or search for available rooms. Also, we have a balcony room is there a way to see upgrades on the website?

Thanks!
If you booked directly with Disney, you can log in to reservation via the website and click Modify. It will show you other rooms in that category (with a deck plan viewer option to see where it is) and also give you the option to switch categories. If you booked with a travel agent, you will need to ask them about getting a forward room and/or upgrading. We sailed inside and had a grand time except for the lack of light, so if you already have a verandah you should be fine.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: