Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
stennille
Mickey Bound

Best place to book cruise with for best deal

I have been researching. I asked for quote from small world and they would only quote me verandah rates. We really want oceanview verandah makes me nervous with kids. We are looking to go on April 27 - may 4. Fantasy Western cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
stennille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Well, the fare will be the same regardless of with whom you book (which TA or DCL directly) as DCL doesn't allow TAs to discount fares.

I don't know why you could only get a quote for a verandah stateroom, unless there are no interior or oceanview rooms available for that particular cruise, or no availability for your children's ages. However it appears there are both interior and oceanview staterooms available on the DCL website for those dates. I'd suggest checking there if you want to know base fares. You can book with a TA for their "perks" if you desire.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
mindy20
Mouseketeer

We are trying cruisecompete they send your cruise dates out to several travel agents and then you get several prices back. I got some great OBC offers, but when reading the reviews from the offer with the highest OBC they weren't all great, so I took less OBC for a agent with all great reviews and a phone number I can call anytime.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Have you checked disneycruise.com yourself? That will tell you what is actually available. You don't say how many people you want to book. That will impact what is available for you also. I just looked it up and there are plenty of options available for oceanview rooms. As far as who to book with, you need to research online travel agencies. Not all can be posted here. The boards are partly owned by DU afterall. Definitely don't book with a company that tries to make you book a category you don't want.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stennille View Post
I have been researching. I asked for quote from small world and they would only quote me verandah rates. We really want oceanview verandah makes me nervous with kids. We are looking to go on April 27 - may 4. Fantasy Western cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
If I were you, I would visit the DCL website and decide which room category you may be interested in and make sure it is available. This will also give you the price of the cruise. Then, if you want to work with an agent for the "perks" I would recommend you requesting a quote from Dreams Unlimited. The price will be the same but they offer onboard credit. I have 2 cruises booked with them right now and I have only good things to say about them. Good luck.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

I used Starfish Travel and loved them. Michelle and Cathy are so helpful and prompt and patient with all my silly questions. Also, it was my first cruise and honestly, I was really nervous. She listened to everything I was worried about and put me in a great room that was perfect for me and my little one.

I have also used Untied Airlines because they give up to 8 miles per $1 spent. I use miles often, so that is important to me. They credit the account about 6 weeks after you cruise, but for $2,000 it's 16,000 miles. However, they stop after 35k miles. So a more expensive cruise might be worth the travel agent and not United, for someone that uses miles.

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
lorimay
DIS Veteran

We have been looking at Alaska cruises for this summer.

I check DCL online then went over to Costco.

The price is exactly the same but we will receive a $300 Costco card if we book thru them. So this will be the first time we don't go directly thru Disney.

Costco has great travel deals, I was so surprised and will always check with their site first from now on.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
We have been looking at Alaska cruises for this summer.

I check DCL online then went over to Costco.

The price is exactly the same but we will receive a $300 Costco card if we book thru them. So this will be the first time we don't go directly thru Disney.

Costco has great travel deals, I was so surprised and will always check with their site first from now on.
Another recommendation for using Costco Travel if you are a Costco member. We have booked two DCL cruises with them and an international vacation package. All 3 vacations are high on the list for the best trips we have ever taken. Love getting the Costco cash card after our cruise!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: