Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Advantage Car Rental review!

We just returned from our trip, used Advantage b/c of the great price....total was 124.95 for 10 days, small car. It was PERFECT. No problems at all! I highly recommend this company! The line is right next to Hertz at airport(same company) the line was shorter than Hertz we brought our proof of insurance and declined theirs,no issues.
We ot to choose between 2-3 types of car in our category,we chose a Nissan hatchback that easily fit our 4 suitcases and our 4 selves.
myDh drove me crazy, looking over the car when we got it,(it was assigned to us once we chose) he spent 25 minutes noting every ding and mark....
They add the charge to the initial cost for a tank of gas, but said they'd remove it when we returned it full.
We returned it full,and asked them to remove it.
I'd use them again anytime,there was no difference between Advantage and every other place we've rented from.....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
WeLuvTink!
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great report. We also have a great rate with Advantage in January but were a bit worried about this unknown company. Glad to hear things went well.
June 1981 - Fort Wilderness/RV, December 1983 - Fort Wilderness/Cabin, Christmas 1984 - Fort Wilderness/RV, March 1989 - Fort Wilderness/Cabin, February 1991 - Off Site, March 1992 - Off Site, May 1994 - Off Site, December 1995 - Dixie Landings, March 1997 -(Disneyland) Offsite, May 2003 - Fort Wilderness/Cabin, November 2003 - Off Site/Vacation Home, August 2006 - All Star Sports, September 2007 - Pop Century, May 2008 - Off Site/Vacation Condo, September 2008 - All Star Music, August 2009 - All Star Movies, September 2010- Port Orleans Riverside, March 2011 - Off Site/Vacation Condo, September 2011 - Carribean Beach, January 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
WeLuvTink! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Thanks for the report, we'll give them consideration for our Oct 2013 trip. Do they have a kiosk in the parkade or some sort of way to avoid lines in the terminal? We've been spoiled by Dollar Express and other such memberships. Over the last 10 years I've had the car in hand before wifey could collect our luggage at the carrousel.

Bill From PA
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
hsmamato2

I just saw the in-person line..... no kiosk....and the cars were parked out at the end of the garage....way out! but SO worth it for that great price!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
tinka-belle
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI. As of Dec. 12, 2012 Hertz has completed the sale of Advantage to another company (name escapes me, but it's not one of the majors). Hertz is in the process of taking over Dollar/Thrifty now, many more locations and will run those as their budget leisure brand(s).

I was good with Advantage while they had the backing of Hertz, will be interesting to see if there is a downgrade in service or vehicle condition in the coming months, and how any policies might change.
tinka-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Advantage was sold to the company which operates U-Save Car & Truck Rental and Xpress Rent-A-Car. Advantage has moved to an offsite location.

Unfortunately the review posted by the OP has no relevancy. You'll be dealing with a different company, at a different location probably with a different fleet of cars.

I have no idea what level of service will be offered by the new owners, only that reviews reflecting rentals during the time Hertz owned Advantage aren't an indicator (good or bad) of what you can expect.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
hsmamato2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
A
Unfortunately the review posted by the OP has no relevancy. You'll be dealing with a different company, at a different location probably with a different fleet of cars.
oh,how quickly we become irrelevant.... I can't believe it was that quick! so THAT'S why we were checked in by the Hertz guy...... too bad, I loved those prices!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
Elana
Mouseketeer

Have you tried the new Advantage Car Rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
Advantage was sold to the company which operates U-Save Car & Truck Rental and Xpress Rent-A-Car. Advantage has moved to an offsite location.

I have no idea what level of service will be offered by the new owners, only that reviews reflecting rentals during the time Hertz owned Advantage aren't an indicator (good or bad) of what you can expect.
I have a rental with them out of Tampa in Feb. I was wondering if anyone has rented with them this past week. The price is good. Right after they were no longer Hertz, prices went way up. Now they are back down. The rentals out of TPA are very high.
Elana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elana View Post
I have a rental with them out of Tampa in Feb. I was wondering if anyone has rented with them this past week. The price is good. Right after they were no longer Hertz, prices went way up. Now they are back down. The rentals out of TPA are very high.
You'll have to try your luck. A bad review could be an issue during the transition which will be solved before your trip. A good review good be he result of Hertz helping out during the transition.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
jt8595
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have an update on this situation? I am looking at them for a rental next week, but may opt to just pay more in order to avoid any issues.
jt8595 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: