Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
The V Gang
The V Gang

arriving at 1am....how does resort room rate work?

I'm browsing airfare prices for our upcoming trip (62 days!). There are huge fluctuations based on departure time. We like to leave early but that's an increase of $600 for our family as opposed to leaving at 9:15pm and arriving in Orlando around 12:30. No luggage service at thst time so by the time we get our bags and hop on ME it should be around 1:30am. It would be cheaper to do this by leaving a day earlier and getting a room at AoA then checking into BC for the remainder of our trip....but then I had a better idea...risky though...
If yhe BC had a room available at 2:30 am would it count as an early check in...instead of an additional night?

Just cant grasp forking over $600 extra for an early flight.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
patty57
DIS Veteran

I don't think it would count as early check-in. I've read here on the DIS, that the change-over for the hotels is six am. If you checked in after six am, then it would be an early check-in. If this is wrong, I'm sure somebody will be along to correct it.
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
The V Gang
The V Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57
I don't think it would count as early check-in. I've read here on the DIS, that the change-over for the hotels is six am. If you checked in after six am, then it would be an early check-in. If this is wrong, I'm sure somebody will be along to correct it.
Makes sense. I can't see spending the $$ for a night of sleeping. Maybe we will grab a room at AOA for the night and transfer over in the morning.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

If it were me, I would arrive the day before and spend the night at AoA or another value. The next morning, you can take a cab, with all your bags, over to BC and get checked in.
You can let Disney move your bags for you, but you still have to get to BC and probably pick up park passes. If you already have park passes, I would let Disney move the bags, and then you can head to a park that first morning, heading to BC after lunch to get checked in.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
The V Gang
The V Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
If it were me, I would arrive the day before and spend the night at AoA or another value. The next morning, you can take a cab, with all your bags, over to BC and get checked in.
You can let Disney move your bags for you, but you still have to get to BC and probably pick up park passes. If you already have park passes, I would let Disney move the bags, and then you can head to a park that first morning, heading to BC after lunch to get checked in.
I agree! This way we are all refreshed anf energetic. Usually we fly out early, hang by the pool until the room is ready then take naps and go to the park in the evening. This "new" arrangement may be a blessing in disguise!

Ps - I cant get over the price difference for a 6am flight as opposed to a 9pm flight on Jet Blue!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
Burnt Toast
DLR -> WDW Cast Member

It's still a full night rate for the day before.

Just because it rolled over past 12am, doesn't mean you can check in for that day. Checkout isn't until 11am and room rollover hasn't even occured in their systems until 4am or so.

Typically, at least at the Resort that I work at, if you check in earlier then 6am then it's still considered to be the day before. After 6am they start checking people in for that day.
Burnt Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Another option is to stay at the airport Hyatt when you arrive.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Another option is to stay at the airport Hyatt when you arrive.
Lots of folks do this and then take ME directly to their resort early in the morning.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Lots of folks do this and then take ME directly to their resort early in the morning.
Thats what I always do. I usually bid on priceline and get a great deal!
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
It's still a full night rate for the day before.

Just because it rolled over past 12am, doesn't mean you can check in for that day. Checkout isn't until 11am and room rollover hasn't even occured in their systems until 4am or so.

Typically, at least at the Resort that I work at, if you check in earlier then 6am then it's still considered to be the day before. After 6am they start checking people in for that day.
Yep, we in the hotel business sell nights not days and a changeover time like 5-6 am is fairly common. The reason of course is that the primary reason for people to rent a room is sleeping at night.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
rpcvpanama
Mouseketeer

Definitely consider the Hyatt. The rates should be much better than Disney for the limited amount of time you will use it. When coming in that late it is nice to get off the plane, collect luggage and go right up to the room. Couldn't be much easier. Get to bed a little sooner and up the next day and on ME in the morning. I always feel that it is a waste of money to get in that late to a Disney hotel. Although you won't have use of your room the next day until it is ready we have been lucky and gotten rooms pretty quickly. But, we generally just drop the luggage with Bell Services, check in and head to a park.
rpcvpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #12
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3668

Thats what I always do. I usually bid on priceline and get a great deal!
You get a room at the Hyatt in the airport on Priceline? I don't know much about Priceline but I thought you don't know where you are staying til after you book it. Also do you mind me asking about you pay about? I can get a room for September around 150 before taxes. Can I do better than that

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV,VWL,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #13
jaceraden
DIS Veteran

Replying to keep tabs on the Hyatt idea.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #14
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The V Gang View Post
I'm browsing airfare prices for our upcoming trip (62 days!). There are huge fluctuations based on departure time. We like to leave early but that's an increase of $600 for our family as opposed to leaving at 9:15pm and arriving in Orlando around 12:30. No luggage service at thst time so by the time we get our bags and hop on ME it should be around 1:30am. It would be cheaper to do this by leaving a day earlier and getting a room at AoA then checking into BC for the remainder of our trip....but then I had a better idea...risky though...
If yhe BC had a room available at 2:30 am would it count as an early check in...instead of an additional night?

Just cant grasp forking over $600 extra for an early flight.
Your best best would be to stay the night right at the Hyatt MCO. Get up around 9 a.m. and you'll have DME all to yourself. (just remember not to use the yellow tags on your bags). You'll save yourself a lot of $$ and it will be a lot less stressful.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #15
The V Gang
The V Gang

Thank you so much for the idea! I had no idea there was a hotel right inside the airport. Looking it up now!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: