Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

**2013** What's on the Emerald Aisle???

New Year = New thread!

Lets have another great year!

Now who is going to start us off???????????

2012 version can be found here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...9#post47069239

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

I"m still watching those January rates. There has been some downward movement with National the past day, but nowhere close to the rate I have with Alamo right now. I would pay a little extra with National, but right now there's a $200 difference...Ugh.... We have just under 3 weeks, so watch daily (sometimes twice a day).

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
I"m still watching those January rates. There has been some downward movement with National the past day, but nowhere close to the rate I have with Alamo right now. I would pay a little extra with National, but right now there's a $200 difference...Ugh.... We have just under 3 weeks, so watch daily (sometimes twice a day).
Good luck N2mm!

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Good luck N2mm!
Thanks, looks like I may be renting with National. A few days ago the rate dropped and the difference is $60 now. I'm pretty certain I may pay the higher rate with National (246) over the lower rate I have with Alamo (179). It's $6 more a day. I get so many perks with National and none with Alamo. Strangely the National rate went back up after I booked it, but I've got 2 more weeks. Last year I paid $135 total for the exact same rental time with National. My last trip was October and had to go with Alamo because the difference was huge. So I'll be happy to use my Exec. Aisle status this trip.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Picked up a car yesterday (Friday 1/11) around 5 PM B side.

Aisle, lots of cars. Malibus, Camry, the Hyundia (I think it's a Sonata) and some of the small SUVs (no mini vans)

Executive, Chrysler 300's, 2 stripped Avalons, Camry, Impala, 1 HUGE SUV (tahoe?) and a couple of smaller ones. I took a Volvo SUV that is pretty cool. (I generally won't take an SUV but I know on this trip there's not going to be a time when my luggage is just sitting in the back. I would NOT take one if that was going to happen, it's too easy for a smash and grab and most of the rental car SUVs don't have "covers" in the cargo area)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #6
Armadillo4
DIS Veteran

Saturday 1/19, 3pm, B Side:
Several Impalas, a couple Chrysler 200s, Altimas, Jettas, and Sonatas; and one each: Kia Optima, VW Passat, Fusion, Malibu and Camry. I saw a small crossover at the very end of the aisle, but someone had already started the car so I didn't bother walking down to see the model. I was slightly surprised at the wide variety.
Armadillo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
Lizard Valley
Mouseketeer

Just wondering...my flight arrives at 10:30 pm, Feb 27th. Is this a horrible time of day for car selection? The kids love getting to pick out our car for the week, and they look for the cool stuff (sporty/SUV/convertible). We've always gotten lucky in the past, but then again, we've always arrived around 10am...
Lizard Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

We've been using the KLM partner code since last June (3 trips) and have been getting prices at about 40-50% of the normal rates. Includes almost all the insurance for free.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Valley View Post
Just wondering...my flight arrives at 10:30 pm, Feb 27th. Is this a horrible time of day for car selection? The kids love getting to pick out our car for the week, and they look for the cool stuff (sporty/SUV/convertible). We've always gotten lucky in the past, but then again, we've always arrived around 10am...
Hi Lizard V. Its problably not thee best time frame. But, sometimes they have been pretty open to letting you have any pick if the line is empty. I scored a convertible by coming in late and the entire garage was very empty > he said take anything you want, before he could say no convertibles we where already pack it. The attendants are great and helpful.
Don't worry you will get something.

Good luck and happy hunting, mky

Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #10
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Picked up a car yesterday (Friday 1/11) around 5 PM B side.

Aisle, lots of cars. Malibus, Camry, the Hyundia (I think it's a Sonata) and some of the small SUVs (no mini vans)

Executive, Chrysler 300's, 2 stripped Avalons, Camry, Impala, 1 HUGE SUV (tahoe?) and a couple of smaller ones. I took a Volvo SUV that is pretty cool. (I generally won't take an SUV but I know on this trip there's not going to be a time when my luggage is just sitting in the back. I would NOT take one if that was going to happen, it's too easy for a smash and grab and most of the rental car SUVs don't have "covers" in the cargo area)
Do you know what category the Volvo SUV was if you were trying to catch it in the "reserved" section? I am jazzed that they carry the line and would like to work a little harder to get one than gambling on the aisle. I know they may not have one even with a "reserved" booking, but I figure the odds are better....TIA
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post
Do you know what category the Volvo SUV was if you were trying to catch it in the "reserved" section? I am jazzed that they carry the line and would like to work a little harder to get one than gambling on the aisle. I know they may not have one even with a "reserved" booking, but I figure the odds are better....TIA
Guessing it would be suv aisle {small suv?}.
Not sure if your interested but last year I rented a volvo on the EA. And we wound up bringing it back early and trading it > the cigar smell was killer. Set off my asthma. The attendant told us > they are frequently rented by business man / golfers cause of the trunk and it being a nice car > but always cigar smell. I even lysoled the heck out of it and it remained terrible.
But, if you like cigars you could be happy?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Guessing it would be suv aisle {small suv?}.
Not sure if your interested but last year I rented a volvo on the EA. And we wound up bringing it back early and trading it > the cigar smell was killer. Set off my asthma. The attendant told us > they are frequently rented by business man / golfers cause of the trunk and it being a nice car > but always cigar smell. I even lysoled the heck out of it and it remained terrible.
But, if you like cigars you could be happy?
Interesting about the smell. I figured it was an SUV, just didn't know if it was the small or standard size.
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Picked up at 4:00PM on 1/23 Side A. There was a good selection. On the regular EA side it was mostly mid-size/full-size cars, a few small SUV (kia), and at least one minivan (caravan), a VW bug too. We are Executive Aisle members, so pretty much focus on that side. There was lots to choose from, many full size or better cars (impalas, 300s), a few different mid-size SUVs, at least 2 minivans (T&C and Caravans). Nothing really big like Suburans, Explorers or similar (we generally see those too, but not this time). We, like others here, took a Volvo x60(?) mid-size SUV. It was nice and we enjoyed it. Didn't have alot of bells & whistles like other cars we pick up on the ExAisle, but we were happy with it. We did notice that there were no Fords of any type (we like the Edge and wanted to try the new Escape). Our Volvo was a 2013.

Drop off was 2/3 (Saturday) Side A @ 10:30AM and we had time since we just found out our flight was delayed, so we took a peek. On the regular EA side there were only sedans, nothing bigger (no SUVs or minivans). On the Executie Aisle side pretty much only sedans, though we did see a couple of SUVs. We only looked from the start and didn't not walk all the way down as it looked pretty similar throughout, though it was fully stocked, but mostly only cars.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #14
Toulouse
Ladies don't start fights, but they can finish them!

Deleted post asking about Exec vs. regular - n2mm has explained the difference in his post.

:: 1986 Disneyland - off-site :: 2000 WDW - Treehouse Villas ::
:: 2006 WDW - POR-Riverside :: 2013 WDW - POR-Riverside ::

Last edited by Toulouse; 02-04-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Toulouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
emmababy
DIS Veteran

We are renting in Orlando in June. While making the reservation today, it was cheaper to pick up at WDW and return. Do they have emerald aisle at WDW Car Care?
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: