Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #2296
electricsoup
Roller Derby Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut
Hi! I am planning to put a request in for Boca Chica building lagoon side. Is this a good choice and is this considered an upgrade from pool view ? Any pictures anyone?
Here's a TPV from this morning from Boca Chica. It's by far my favorite building!

Untitled by carinkal, on Flickr

Past Visits: 10/14 GF, 11/13 (offsite)/12/13 (RPC GF!!), 1/13 (GF), 10/12 (BLT & CR 1 night!) 2/12 (GF), 6/11 (GF), 4/10 (GF), '06 (Pop), 10/04 (CBR), 10/03 (CBR), 3/96, 89, 85 (Off property)

Last edited by electricsoup; 02-04-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Fixing photo links!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #2297
butternut
Earning My Ears

Thanks electricsoup but i can't seem to see the picture
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #2298
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

electricsoup i loved your "review" of sorts! thank you! i can't see the pics, if there is any different way to post them i would love to see!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #2299
electricsoup

Sorry about that - fixed the pictures in both posts!

Past Visits: 10/14 GF, 11/13 (offsite)/12/13 (RPC GF!!), 1/13 (GF), 10/12 (BLT & CR 1 night!) 2/12 (GF), 6/11 (GF), 4/10 (GF), '06 (Pop), 10/04 (CBR), 10/03 (CBR), 3/96, 89, 85 (Off property)
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #2300
butternut
Earning My Ears

They are awesome views!! Do you mind me asking if that was an upgrade and what they charged if it was? We are going March 14th for a week and i requested Boca Chica lagoon view. Thanks and glad you enjoyed your stay!!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #2301
koho
Why is the Rum always gone?

Where is the best place to watch the Electric Water Pageant on the grounds of the GF?

Thanks
Mark

Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #2302
shwn
Earning My Ears

Hi All,

I have looked through this thread (lots of great info), but I can't find the answer to a specific question.

I booked a surprise last minute trip today for my wife and I for Valentines day weekend at the Grand Floridian. We booked Main Building Club Level- Deluxe King Room. The room lists Magic Kingdom or Resort Grounds as the view options. Also from what I found it looks like some of these rooms have a balcony and some do not.

Does anyone know if any of these rooms with a balcony have Magic Kingdom views? Thats what I would ideally want, but don't know if it exists. I would probably prefer a room with balcony and no view of the MK over one without a balcony and a view of the MK. Just wanted to see what my options really are ! Also I know its just a request, but want to request the right thing and hope for the best...

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #2303
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwn View Post
Hi All,

I have looked through this thread (lots of great info), but I can't find the answer to a specific question.

I booked a surprise last minute trip today for my wife and I for Valentines day weekend at the Grand Floridian. We booked Main Building Club Level- Deluxe King Room. The room lists Magic Kingdom or Resort Grounds as the view options. Also from what I found it looks like some of these rooms have a balcony and some do not.

Does anyone know if any of these rooms with a balcony have Magic Kingdom views? Thats what I would ideally want, but don't know if it exists. I would probably prefer a room with balcony and no view of the MK over one without a balcony and a view of the MK. Just wanted to see what my options really are ! Also I know its just a request, but want to request the right thing and hope for the best...

Thanks in advance!
i don't know the answer for you, but i looked it up on another website. however, i don't know if i am "allowed" to c & p what it says? and it was way too long of an answer to recap, lol. i *think* the gist of it was that the ones with no MK view also have no balconies, but i was a little unclear whether the ones that DO have mk view also have balconies.

if no one posts an answer, google "where the magic lives" then click on the first website. click "accommodations" and "concierge" and i believe the answer you are looking for is at the bottom of the page.

i promise i'm not trying to send you on a scavenger hunt, lol. but i know if i post the website it will just "*********" it out and i wasn't sure if c & p was permitted.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #2304
electricsoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut View Post
They are awesome views!! Do you mind me asking if that was an upgrade and what they charged if it was? We are going March 14th for a week and i requested Boca Chica lagoon view. Thanks and glad you enjoyed your stay!!
We definitely enjoyed our stay! And I don't mind - it was not an upgrade, that's what we requested! :D 1st floor, TPV. Last time we were there we actually had the room next door!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #2305
butternut
Earning My Ears

Thanks electricsoup!!! I think i will most definitely request Boca Chica with a lagoon view. Im so excited and can barely wait for March 14th! Thanks for your views and pictures!!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #2306
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

We stayed Boca chica lagoon view and it was awesome !!!!!

You will love it butternut!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #2307
shwn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
i don't know the answer for you, but i looked it up on another website. however, i don't know if i am "allowed" to c & p what it says? and it was way too long of an answer to recap, lol. i *think* the gist of it was that the ones with no MK view also have no balconies, but i was a little unclear whether the ones that DO have mk view also have balconies.

if no one posts an answer, google "where the magic lives" then click on the first website. click "accommodations" and "concierge" and i believe the answer you are looking for is at the bottom of the page.

i promise i'm not trying to send you on a scavenger hunt, lol. but i know if i post the website it will just "*********" it out and i wasn't sure if c & p was permitted.
Thank you very much! Thats exactly what I wanted to know. It looks like from the info on that site and the pictures of the room on Disney's website, the ones right above Gasparilla's (2nd floor) will have a Magic Kingdom view and balcony- I will request to be on 2nd floor and hope it works. Thanks again!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #2308
butternut
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomickey View Post
We stayed Boca chica lagoon view and it was awesome !!!!!

You will love it butternut!
Thanks Jojomickey!! I really hope they take the request. Do all the rooms have balconies ?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #2309
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut View Post
Thanks electricsoup!!! I think i will most definitely request Boca Chica with a lagoon view. Im so excited and can barely wait for March 14th! Thanks for your views and pictures!!
Boca Chica rooms are all TPV; the lagoon view are all in Big Pine Key facing the Polynesian, Wedding Pavilion and the DVC building. You'll find multiple reports here, though, of people who did get the upgrade to Boca Chica with a lagoon view. Just an fyi in case you're told that your request isn't possible.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #2310
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsoup View Post
Here's a TPV from this morning from Boca Chica. It's by far my favorite building!

Fantastic pictures! This is the view we get most often when booking TPV. Boca Chica is my favorite building, and I love the view these rooms have of the whole resort area. Only downside is the trees that block some of the views, sometimes you get lucky and other times you might get behind one of the trees.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: