Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #3241
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend1 View Post
Hi everyone, I am Kim

I've been reading the forum for the past few days since finding it and I'm addicted already! Last year was my first trip to Orlando and Disney for our Honeymoon; my partner however has been around 15 times (such a pro compared to me!)

Can't wait to get involved in all the chat it gets me so excited for our up coming holidays. We are lucky enough to be visiting twice this year once staying off site and the other staying at POFQ.

See you all around.
to the DIS, Kim! If you haven't been to POFQ before, be assured you will love it. Hope both of your trips are magical!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #3242
jenflamingo1
Gone With The Wind Girl

Smile Love it !

Hello there , longtime lurker .I stumbled upon the Disboards a while ago and am grateful for all the info.Next trip POR-AB after Easter and am even now contemplating bounceback.
jenflamingo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #3243
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenflamingo1 View Post
Hello there , longtime lurker .I stumbled upon the Disboards a while ago and am grateful for all the info.Next trip POR-AB after Easter and am even now contemplating bounceback.
to the DIS! Glad you decided to stop lurking and join us. Hope your upcoming trip is magical!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #3244
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Introducing myself...

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum (as a poster, though a longtime reader) but not new to Disney. I've lived in Chicago for 10 years, but I'm originally from New York. Even when I lived on the east coast, Disneyland was my "home" park (at one point I was a cross-country AP!) I haven't been back to DLR in a few years, but in March I'm finally changing that by bringing my partner there for his 40th birthday weekend. (First time at DLR and in California for him, so it should be very special.)

I'm looking forward to all the new changes, and hopefully to going back to being a regular visitor. I've always loved the charm and friendliness in Disneyland--I sometimes refer to a Disney vacation as my version of a beach vacation. Disney fans get that, other people just look at me funny. Good. One less person to crowd the park!

I also would love to visit the World. I haven't been since I was kid (1970s), so obviously it's a much different, much larger place than last time I was there. I remember staying at the Poly and loving the fountains when I was 3, and riding Space when I was 7, but that's about it. So definitely time to revisit Orlando and make new memories.

As for me, I'm a middle-aged communications consultant and former urban planner, no idea how to drive a car, and a future rabbi (if my rabbinic school application is successful and the money comes together.) But an equally big dream is to live in SoCal within driving distance of DLR. For DLR, even after 42 years, I'd learn!

Last edited by mikedoyleblogger; 02-13-2013 at 12:04 AM.
mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #3245
Joysnote
Mouseketeer

Welcome Mike! I have to say I live about 5 minutes North of Cinderella's Castle here in Orlando, but I still love Disneyland the best too!

I do have to take offense to one thing you posted, we are not middle aged, 50 is the new 30! LOL At least I feel too young to be middle aged.

Have a wonderful trip to Disneyland!

Disneyland last trip August 2012, next March 2014 Paradise Pier

Walt Disney World
Moved to Orlando Aug 2011, now I go about every day!

Disney Cruise Line Last trip Wonder Mar 2013, Fantasy Oct 2014
Joysnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #3246
mickeyandminnie8485
Earning My Ears

Location: We currently live in Quebec, Canada but we are planning to move to Buffalo Grove, IL within the next year.

Hi all! :)

Ian and I (Sonia, lol) are new to the DIS forum and we're already loving it! We've been together for 10 years now and never better. One of the many things that keeps us going is our insane love for -anything- Disney, especially when the majority of adults turn their noses up at us for loving it so much! We are busily planning a Disney Cruise and have now decided that each marriage anniversary (almost) will always be something Disney related. We can't wait to talk and get advice from a bunch of cool Disney fans, just like ourselves! Thanks guys
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #3247
mickeyandminnie8485
Earning My Ears

Location: We currently live in Quebec, Canada but we are planning to move to Buffalo Grove, IL within the next year.

Hi! I must say your post made me laugh! I know what you mean about people not getting how wonderful a Disney vacation can be!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #3248
Dan the Light Man
Dan the Light Man

Thumbs up Thanks

I look forward to joining in on the chatter every now and than!!
I have been listening since June of 2011 and just decided to "look you up" when i heard about the live podcasts; great to put a face with the voice (ok, a few faces and voices...)!! We are heading to the World in March for a cruise and than Flower & Garden, it is our favorite WDW event by far so we are excited to see the changes; they FINALY did something new!!
Anyway you all do a GREAT job and i love the show!Thanks
Dan the Light Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #3249
manx27
Earning My Ears

Orlando local

Hey all
Finally registered after many years of lurking.
Orlando resident, passholder, former cast member and team member.
I like to go to Universal or Disney 3-4 times a month (no Sea World pass yet)

Great community! I can't wait to read more.
manx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #3250
jchong71
Earning My Ears

Hello from SF Bayarea

Wife and I loved our visits to Orlando when we were in the midwest. Now w/ a little one under 2yrs old, we get to re-live the Disney experience.

This site is great and so useful.

My wife tends to be pretty organized and prepared for the parks...for example, when the Mountain ride opened in Animal Kingdom (within months of first opening)...we were able to log in 5 rides that day even though the lines were at 3hrs by 1pm. W/ the little guy, I don't think we'll get that efficient, but who knows.

Looking forward to contributing as well as getting some knowledge here.

we have special insights for SF area (obviously) but also the isl. Oahu (Hawaii) so hit us up for tips.
jchong71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #3251
Tinkerbellfan25
Earning My Ears

Hi!!!

Last edited by Tinkerbellfan25; 02-16-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Tinkerbellfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #3252
Tinkerbellfan25
Earning My Ears

Hi!!!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #3253
IcePoppe
Earning My Ears

Why Hello There, Everybody!

My name is Rachel and I will be joining my best friend, her husband, and their 2.5 year old son in December 2013, staying at Art of Animation in the Cars wing! We're all very excited for the trip, and I have been reading the forums to get tips and advice from all of you pros!

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone!

Gosh, I'm ready to leave NOW!
IcePoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #3254
jenji124
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone thought I would say hi again. I registered a long time ago and rarely posted. I'm looking forward to being back here on the board and planning upcoming trips and a cruise!

Caribbean Beach Resort (2/89, 2/90, 2/92, 2/96, 12/00, 5/04, 9/08), Coronado Springs Resort (9/09), Wilderness Lodge (9/07), Beach Club (5/05, 6/12), Port Orleans Riverside (9/13).
jenji124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #3255
niamommy31
Earning My Ears

how to start a new thread

Hey I just booked a disney cruise for next year and am trying to start a rollcall thread for it but can't figure out how to start a thread
niamommy31 is offline   Reply With Quote