DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Bertie131
DIS Veteran

Newbie question about DVC discounts and tickets...

First, is there a current list somewhere of the discounts my membership will offer once I get to WDW? Second, do you usually buy your tickets directly from Disney or go somewhere like Undercover Tourist? I am a little anxious about buying somewhere other than Disney. Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks so much!
Bertie131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

I just made it a habit to ask if they have discount for DVC members. I've seen a list for Disney Visa card but not for DVC.

For DVC, I only saw a list of perks on member's website.

As for tickets, we get them from Undercover Tourist via Mousesaver Newsletter. Basically, you sign up to their monthly newsletter and they send you a link to Undercover Tourist which has prices lower than going to Undercover Tourist directly.
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
lodge
DIS Veteran

DVC portable perks: http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/...WDW-122912.pdf
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Bertie131
DIS Veteran

Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it. So no one has had problems with Undercover Tourist? I have this vision of trying to get thru the park gates and the cast member saying the tickets are not valid. I assume I am overreacting?
Bertie131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertie131
Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it. So no one has had problems with Undercover Tourist? I have this vision of trying to get thru the park gates and the cast member saying the tickets are not valid. I assume I am overreacting?
Undercover Tourist is an authorized Disney ticket reseller. They get the tickets directly from Disney.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertie131 View Post
Yes you are, they are a authorized Disney reseller that we have used for years. Great service and their prices includes sales tax.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
lions1995
DIS Veteran

Have used UC in the past, no problem. I always scan a copy of the tickets and email them to myself. If for some reason they go MIA, I can always get the numbers ont he tickets from my email.
lions1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
alicat07
Mouseketeer

We've used UT for several years with no problems. We always use them, they have great prices, especially when you go through the mousesavers link!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertie131 View Post
First, is there a current list somewhere of the discounts my membership will offer once I get to WDW? Second, do you usually buy your tickets directly from Disney or go somewhere like Undercover Tourist? I am a little anxious about buying somewhere other than Disney. Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks so much!
You will need to check with each trip what perks are current.....they do change.

My favorite right now is the Tables in Wonderland card. You buy it for $100 dollars (75 if you are an AP holder) and you receive 20% off most of the restaurants including any alcohol purchases.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3chantal

You will need to check with each trip what perks are current.....they do change.

My favorite right now is the Tables in Wonderland card. You buy it for $100 dollars (75 if you are an AP holder) and you receive 20% off most of the restaurants including any alcohol purchases.
The prices for the TiW card increased on 12/1/2012 now AP Holders and DVC Members pay $100, FL Residents pay $125.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: