Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #1051
mommy2_3
DIS Veteran

dont know if this has been said but i am bringing lavender shampoo and bubble bath for my kids. nothing like relaxing in a nice warm tub filled with lavender to make the kids go to bed right away! plus i will use some of that bubble bath after the kids are sleeping!

All star sports-5/24/13
mommy2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #1052
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
For anyone hitting the Lego store and buying multiple sets....bring a Sharpie marker.

You can take the Lego out of the box, write on the bags which set it is and then collapse the box so you have more space in your case.

Great idea!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #1053
jenners351
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rene30
We can't go any where that my husband and son will be walking a lot without "body glide" an anti-chafing stick. It helps prevent a rash you may get on your inner thighs. It looks like a deodorant stick, runners use them a lot. You can get them at most sports stores. My husband wouldn't even think about going to WDW without it!
I always forget to pack something for chafing and end up buying a tiny bottle of baby powder, it works but if you've waited until the rash appears you need to reapply quite often. Thank you everyone for your fabulous tips, my hubby already thinks I pack too much...oh well what he doesn't know I've packed may help him lol!
jenners351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #1054
QueenQueso
Mouseketeer

Wow, definately subscribing to this thread so I don't lose it. I have a list of over twenty new ideas added to my vacation notebook. It took me three days to get through it all!

There was a post earlier about using different folders for flight paperwork, rental car papers, hotel info, park info, etc, but what we do is instead of get different colored paper clips/binder clips for the different types of paperwork and keep it all together in a large plastic envelope with a velcro closure. I label the outside of it with what color goes with flights or hotels or what-not. It's easy to keep the important papers organized and all in one place that way.

2003(Offsite, with my high school LifeSmarts team!) ~ September 13-22, 2013 (Ft. Wilderness) ~ Maybe September 2015?
QueenQueso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #1055
almburr
DIS Veteran

joining the group. I need tips for this trip.
almburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #1056
prayx
Earning My Ears

I was so happy that I bought a set of battery operated lights to decorate my dd's stroller. I was always able to spot it in a crowd and my dd loved having her stroller lit up in the dark

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
prayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #1057
msande
Earning My Ears

I have a Disney box that I keep things in to pack for the next time. Some of my favorites;

1. Leatherman tool
2. Several battery candles so I can take a relaxing bath in candlelight (with a nice glass of wine) I used to bring very small candles but read about the fire hazard and changed to battery type.
3. A plastic 12"x12" scrapbookers storage case to bring home ride photos, maps, menus and other items I don't want bent.

Michaelle
msande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #1058
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msande View Post

3. A plastic 12"x12" scrapbookers storage case to bring home ride photos, maps, menus and other items I don't want bent.
Brilliant! Adding it to my list!

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #1059
jenners351
Earning My Ears

Why a leather man tool?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #1060
jenners351
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenQueso View Post
Wow, definately subscribing to this thread so I don't lose it. I have a list of over twenty new ideas added to my vacation notebook. It took me three days to get through it all!

There was a post earlier about using different folders for flight paperwork, rental car papers, hotel info, park info, etc, but what we do is instead of get different colored paper clips/binder clips for the different types of paperwork and keep it all together in a large plastic envelope with a velcro closure. I label the outside of it with what color goes with flights or hotels or what-not. It's easy to keep the important papers organized and all in one place that way.
Awesome!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #1061
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran

Wow! This thread is great. Like everyone else I have started my list..for November

One thing I would like to add ( and scrapbookers will appreciate this) I take along a small notebook the a little bigger than a business card size, and when we get back to the room that day I write down highlights of the day, where we ate etc, because often I don't get to work on the scrapbook until much later and my memory isnt that good!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #1062
IowaTater
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneytwinsmom View Post
Wow! This thread is great. Like everyone else I have started my list..for November

One thing I would like to add ( and scrapbookers will appreciate this) I take along a small notebook the a little bigger than a business card size, and when we get back to the room that day I write down highlights of the day, where we ate etc, because often I don't get to work on the scrapbook until much later and my memory isnt that good!

I'm a scrapbooker as well but since I take pictures of EVERYTHING and my memory is horrible, I plan on bringing a small journal with me to the parks every day. That way I can jot things down as we're waiting in line or sitting down for a meal.

Pasta & Potatoes Conquer Orlando - October 2-10, 2013

First trip: 1995 - stayed off property
2nd trip (3rd anniversary): October 2-10, 2013 - ASMu
3rd trip (5th anniversary) (tentative): Nov. 29-Dec. 4, 2015 - POP
IowaTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #1063
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaTater View Post
I'm a scrapbooker as well but since I take pictures of EVERYTHING and my memory is horrible, I plan on bringing a small journal with me to the parks every day. That way I can jot things down as we're waiting in line or sitting down for a meal.
Great minds think alike! Also, did you know that they have great paper and scrapbooks? I read a tip on here to bring a plastic box that holds the 12 x 12 paper so that it doesn't get bent on the fight home!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #1064
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaTater View Post
I take tons of pictures too and usually use my pictures to journal my vacation. However last time we went I brought a little spiral notebook about the size of an index card and wrote down little things that happened during the day - also used this to write the names of CM's that were awesome so I could later let management know about them.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #1065
Angiea1114
Mouseketeer

If you cannot find Purex 3-in-1 sheets for washing clothes, you can pack a few of the tide pods in a plastic soap box (so they don't get squashed) and put it in a zip lock bag for travel!
Angiea1114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: