Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #46
CMHopeful!
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.-- Walt Disney
 
CMHopeful!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTor View Post
Oh my gosh Marissa, you go to Rowan?! I am from Washington Township, NJ! Unfortunately I go to college in North Carolina, but still come home to TWP So rare to meet another person from that area!
That's awesome!! Yeah, I'm originally an hour and a half north of Rowan, but I kind of know what area you're from. Are you applying for the fall too?
__________________
Dec./ Jan. 1995/'96- My 1st visit to Disney World! ; off grounds- condo Aug. 2006- 7 Day trip to WDW; Disney's Pop-Century Resort Feb. 2008- 11 DAY 16TH BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WDW ; 1st night at the Animal Kingdom, remaining at Pop Century! May. 2010- Senior class trip!!! All-Star Movies Aug. 2010- 9 day trip to WDW; 1st 2 nights Pop- Century Resort, remaining at All-Star Sports...Nana's 1st trip to Disney World

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

<-----I wish...I wish to be Wendy Darling in Disney one day!
CMHopeful! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #47
CMHopeful!
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.-- Walt Disney
 
CMHopeful!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 37

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Wishes Count;47312808]I was accepted the first time applying. I think it really depends on the roles you select and how you come across in your interview.



I don't think it would hurt your chances of getting into your field if you did a CP in a non entertainment line of buisness. Most CP roles don't match what people are studying anyway. I know someone who was a lifeguard on his CP and now is doing a Public Relations PI. CP is generally seen as a way for you to get your foot in the door, learn about the company and what it's values are. You can always use your leaders as a resource and see if they know anyone who works in entertainment that you could network with or possible job shadow.

As for your dashboard account, I think you just might need to wait and make a new one.

Thank you for your help!! That makes a lot of sense.
__________________
Dec./ Jan. 1995/'96- My 1st visit to Disney World! ; off grounds- condo Aug. 2006- 7 Day trip to WDW; Disney's Pop-Century Resort Feb. 2008- 11 DAY 16TH BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WDW ; 1st night at the Animal Kingdom, remaining at Pop Century! May. 2010- Senior class trip!!! All-Star Movies Aug. 2010- 9 day trip to WDW; 1st 2 nights Pop- Century Resort, remaining at All-Star Sports...Nana's 1st trip to Disney World

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

<-----I wish...I wish to be Wendy Darling in Disney one day!
CMHopeful! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #48
Lyanne and Stitch
Mouseketeer
 
Lyanne and Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 127

Hello everyone! My name's Lyanne and I'm a current college senior graduating this May.

I've done the CP before (as you can see on my signature) so feel free to ask me anything about those roles. I'll be happy to help!

I was originally planning on applying for a PI or MI but after lots of thought I've realized that what will benefit me most right now is to do a CP and then apply for a PI.

This time around I'm really interested in applying for concierge or hospitality. I'm also considering FSFB. I still haven't made up my mind if I want to apply for my old roles. Even though I enjoyed them both immensely, I really want to try a different role and work at a resort.

That's all I can think of to say for now! It's always nice to meet other people on the same boat!
__________________
Walt Disney World College Program Alumni
Fall Advantage 2010 - QSFB - Stands East,Magic Kingdom
Spring 2011 - Photopass Photographer - Magic Kingdom


Lyanne and Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #49
CMHopeful!
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.-- Walt Disney
 
CMHopeful!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyanne and Stitch View Post
Hello everyone! My name's Lyanne and I'm a current college senior graduating this May.

I've done the CP before (as you can see on my signature) so feel free to ask me anything about those roles. I'll be happy to help!

I was originally planning on applying for a PI or MI but after lots of thought I've realized that what will benefit me most right now is to do a CP and then apply for a PI.

This time around I'm really interested in applying for concierge or hospitality. I'm also considering FSFB. I still haven't made up my mind if I want to apply for my old roles. Even though I enjoyed them both immensely, I really want to try a different role and work at a resort.

That's all I can think of to say for now! It's always nice to meet other people on the same boat!
Hi Lyanne! I love your name- it's kind of like my niece's middle name, but hers is spelt Leigh-Ann (mine and my mom's middle names combined.

What advice would you have for someone who is hoping for a position as a photopass photographer? Also, were you ever inside?
__________________
Dec./ Jan. 1995/'96- My 1st visit to Disney World! ; off grounds- condo Aug. 2006- 7 Day trip to WDW; Disney's Pop-Century Resort Feb. 2008- 11 DAY 16TH BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WDW ; 1st night at the Animal Kingdom, remaining at Pop Century! May. 2010- Senior class trip!!! All-Star Movies Aug. 2010- 9 day trip to WDW; 1st 2 nights Pop- Century Resort, remaining at All-Star Sports...Nana's 1st trip to Disney World

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

<-----I wish...I wish to be Wendy Darling in Disney one day!
CMHopeful! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #50
vickalamode
DIS Veteran
 
vickalamode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post

I did Hospitality at Pop Century for Spring Advantage 2010
I did Spring 2010 too! I was in Mousekeeping at the All Star Resort...usually Music, but worked at all 3.

My name is Stephanie and I am 23...I'm in round 2 of college after not being able to find a career I enjoyed the first time. I'm currently taking prerequesites for nursing school, and will be finished with them Mid-August, when I can apply for nursing school. This makes Fall 2013 the PERFECT time for me to do another CP, because I will be in-between schools for at least the semester.

I loved the CP, but HATED mousekeeping, so this time I am going to be way more picky about the roles I will be willing to do. I really want to do something with more guest interaction so that I can create lots of magic for the guests. I would love to do BBB.
__________________
Former Disney CM WDWCP Spring 2010





Disney Trips...
1997-1998-2001-2002-2005-2007-2009-2010-2011


My Rapunzel and Flynn Rider Costumes for MNSSHP

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere, I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand, to have someone understand, I want so much more than they've got planned."
vickalamode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #51
carly3592
Mouseketeer
 
carly3592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 375

Hello everybody!!!!!!
My name is Carly, I'm currently a junior in college (but I use that word loosely because I doubt I'm graduating next year!), and I'm going to apply for Fall Advantage 2013!!! I went down for FA 2012 but unfortunately I had to self-term shortly after I got down there for personal reason. But everything's cool now and I'm so excited to re-apply!!!!
__________________
All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney



carly3592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #52
Lyanne and Stitch
Mouseketeer
 
Lyanne and Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHopeful! View Post
Hi Lyanne! I love your name- it's kind of like my niece's middle name, but hers is spelt Leigh-Ann (mine and my mom's middle names combined.

What advice would you have for someone who is hoping for a position as a photopass photographer? Also, were you ever inside?
Thank you! Your niece has a cool middle name!

Now for advice:
During the phone interview for my first program even though I stated that Photopass was one of my top choices the only question I got asked specifically of the role was if I had experience with cameras. (I didn't actually remember that, had to look for my old blog that I stopped writing in after I got to FL but now I wish I hadn't ) Anyway, maybe my answer of "yes, I own a DSLR camera and have taken a photography course" wasn't that impressive.
Looking back, I think I should've expressed more interest in the role throughout the entire interview but I don't regret getting QSFB because I loved it.

It was only when I decided to extend that I got Photopass and I'm sure that my super clean record card had a lot to do with that. I don't know all that they take into consideration when you apply to extend but when I applied I only had GSF cards on my record card.

So ultimately, my advice is to express great interest in the role when you interview and if you extend, have a clean record card.

Was I ever inside?

Yes!
Once you get View trained (where you print out pictures for guests) and character trained there will be plenty of opportunities for being indoors. Though that depends on which park you work at and how many character locations are indoors.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions!
__________________
Walt Disney World College Program Alumni
Fall Advantage 2010 - QSFB - Stands East,Magic Kingdom
Spring 2011 - Photopass Photographer - Magic Kingdom



Last edited by Lyanne and Stitch; 01-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Lyanne and Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #53
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!
 
cagirl4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 184

Hi I am Callie! I am graduating in May with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and minor in Mathematics. I am in the process of applying for PI's but I also want to apply for Fall CP. I applied during for Fall 2010 originally for DLR and did not get it (there was a problem with my housing request I am pretty sure). Now that I am graduating I want to have another round of applying for PI's. My top 3 choices are Attractions, Character Performer, and Photopass.

I am really nervous because if I do not get a PI, I really want to get this and my phone skills are not great (also problem for the PIs). SO any helpful hints when I get to that point?
__________________
Peace, Love and !!! Callie (24)

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #54
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran
 
Wishes Count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagirl4life View Post
Hi I am Callie! I am graduating in May with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and minor in Mathematics. I am in the process of applying for PI's but I also want to apply for Fall CP. I applied during for Fall 2010 originally for DLR and did not get it (there was a problem with my housing request I am pretty sure). Now that I am graduating I want to have another round of applying for PI's. My top 3 choices are Attractions, Character Performer, and Photopass.

I am really nervous because if I do not get a PI, I really want to get this and my phone skills are not great (also problem for the PIs). SO any helpful hints when I get to that point?
I think the phone interview for the CP isn't that bad. You just need to try to relax and SMILE! They can hear it in your voice. All of my interviewers have been very upbeat and put me at ease. Try to think of what they might ask you and jot some bullet points down. Don't write yourself a script because that will sound rehearsed!

They will ask you questions like why you want to work for Disney, some related to your roles, basic questions about your previous jobs. Sometimes its like "Did you have to handle money at XXXX" but other times its "Tell me about what you did at XXX" They also ask about working in the FL heat, living with roommates. I was asked to describe a time I had to work on a team to accomplish something, and if I prefered to work in a busy or laid back environment.

Most important though is to just relax, don't be afraid to pause for a few seconds to think about the question or ask them to repeat the question.

Good Luck! I'm applying for PIs too!
__________________
Wishes Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #55
pipermae
Mouseketeer
 
pipermae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Welcome everyone! Glad to see we've got quite the interesting lot here.

So I am quite curious, what are everyone's top role decisions, and why?

Also, what is your purpose or insight into participating in the Disney College Program?

Interested to see all the wonderful places people are going!

Have a Most Magical Day!
My first time I did Attractions, this time I would like to focus on the hotel aspect since I am a hospitality major and am graduating in May. I'd love to work front desk or concierge.
__________________
About 5 trips as a kid - ASResorts & Timeshare
2006 - Random hotel & 2 day trip with Marching Band
June 2009 - POP
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #56
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!
 
cagirl4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
I think the phone interview for the CP isn't that bad. You just need to try to relax and SMILE! They can hear it in your voice. All of my interviewers have been very upbeat and put me at ease. Try to think of what they might ask you and jot some bullet points down. Don't write yourself a script because that will sound rehearsed!

They will ask you questions like why you want to work for Disney, some related to your roles, basic questions about your previous jobs. Sometimes its like "Did you have to handle money at XXXX" but other times its "Tell me about what you did at XXX" They also ask about working in the FL heat, living with roommates. I was asked to describe a time I had to work on a team to accomplish something, and if I prefered to work in a busy or laid back environment.

Most important though is to just relax, don't be afraid to pause for a few seconds to think about the question or ask them to repeat the question.

Good Luck! I'm applying for PIs too!
Thanks!! I saw you on the other board and I think in the facebook group! Good Luck to you too!
__________________
Peace, Love and !!! Callie (24)

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #57
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering
 
RogerRadcliffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyanne and Stitch View Post
So ultimately, my advice is to express great interest in the role when you interview and if you extend, have a clean record card.
Lyanne! When you say "express great interest" should I go into great detail into what I want out of the role? Any other things I should mention if I want a specific role?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagirl4life View Post
I am really nervous because if I do not get a PI, I really want to get this and my phone skills are not great (also problem for the PIs). SO any helpful hints when I get to that point?
Yes, another Engineer!

Have you been to College Program Character Auditions? It's quite fun, really. It looks like a majority of the 2013 Fall and Fall Advantage Dates have been announced as well!

Practice, Practice, Practice! There's bound to be a friend (or anyone) that would be willing to have a practice interview with you. I'd recommend writing a few little bullets, not full sentences for reminders of anything you might need. Remember to smile, as it can be heard through your voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipermae View Post
My first time I did Attractions, this time I would like to focus on the hotel aspect since I am a hospitality major and am graduating in May. I'd love to work front desk or concierge.
If you don't mind me asking, where was your role for attractions at? Front Desk and Concierge Roles really sound quite fascinating as you'd have a lot of wonderful guest interactions.

Have a Magical Day!
__________________

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #58
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!
 
cagirl4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Yes, another Engineer!

Have you been to College Program Character Auditions? It's quite fun, really. It looks like a majority of the 2013 Fall and Fall Advantage Dates have been announced as well!

Practice, Practice, Practice! There's bound to be a friend (or anyone) that would be willing to have a practice interview with you. I'd recommend writing a few little bullets, not full sentences for reminders of anything you might need. Remember to smile, as it can be heard through your voice.
I have never been to a CP Character audition but I have be to a bunch of dance auditions (hoping to make it to LA to try out for So You Think You Can Dance also) so I am fairly decent in an audition situation. I also have a couple friends who have worked as character performers in WDW and Cruise line so I have some people to get advice from.

Thanks! I plan on practicing! I have gotten better with phone stuff since the last time I applied so hopeful that will help. I am not to nervous for the interview for CP as I am for my PI interviews. I at least have an idea of what is asked and kinda what they want from people on CP where in my PIs I don't have a huge idea. And not many people on boards are applying for those (which is hopeful there is not a ton of people applying )
__________________
Peace, Love and !!! Callie (24)

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #59
pipermae
Mouseketeer
 
pipermae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Lyanne! When you say "express great interest" should I go into great detail into what I want out of the role? Any other things I should mention if I want a specific role?


Yes, another Engineer!

Have you been to College Program Character Auditions? It's quite fun, really. It looks like a majority of the 2013 Fall and Fall Advantage Dates have been announced as well!

Practice, Practice, Practice! There's bound to be a friend (or anyone) that would be willing to have a practice interview with you. I'd recommend writing a few little bullets, not full sentences for reminders of anything you might need. Remember to smile, as it can be heard through your voice.


If you don't mind me asking, where was your role for attractions at? Front Desk and Concierge Roles really sound quite fascinating as you'd have a lot of wonderful guest interactions.

Have a Magical Day!
Hi! I worked as an Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith at DHS. I LOVED it.
__________________
About 5 trips as a kid - ASResorts & Timeshare
2006 - Random hotel & 2 day trip with Marching Band
June 2009 - POP
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #60
ValiantHeart
Mouseketeer
 
ValiantHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Living in Walt Disney World for my CP!
Posts: 76

I just came up with a question that is kind of bugging me, because I'm sure I've read the answer to it somewhere but I can't find it.

One of my top choices is Character Performer, and I plan on attending the audition in Austin on March 23rd. However, if I do my phone interview and everything, do I have to wait until after the auditions to hear anything? Like, could they offer me something else before the auditions even happen, or is me saying one of my top choices is character attendant basically setting me up for a "pended" status?

Part of this is impatience to just know if I got accepted or not, but part of it is also because I need to know before the second week in April because I need to renew the lease on my apartment, and if Character Performer will set back me knowing, I may have to think twice about putting it as a top choice.

Thanks for your help!
ValiantHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: