Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What month are you getting married in 2014?
January 4 2.88%
February 13 9.35%
March 9 6.47%
April 12 8.63%
May 13 9.35%
June 11 7.91%
July 4 2.88%
August 15 10.79%
September 11 7.91%
October 29 20.86%
November 8 5.76%
December 10 7.19%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #46
disneydania
Disney-obsessed & Proud of It

Quote:
Originally Posted by asunnysideup View Post
Date change! After our site visit we changed our first choice to Sunday April 6, 2014. Dessert parties in Epcot are blocked from (I believe) the 13-27th of April, so we moved ours up a bit. We're still deciding on our second and third date choices!

Oh no!!! I was so hoping to have our dessert party at EPCOT. Our VR is on the 26th.

Guess it's back to the drawing board for that event. Thanks for sharing that info.

Family Trips: 04/04 Disneymoon POR, 01/05 Disney BabyMoon BWR, 12/06 Baby's 1st DIS Trip WL, 06/11 Boys' Joint B-day Trip CR, 01/13 Family Holiday Trip BCR

My single days: 1st WDW trip '83, WDW '85, WDW '86, DL '88, WDW '94, WDW '96, WDW '97, WDW '98, WDW '99, DLP '00, WDW '00, WDW '01, WDW '02, WDW '03

disneydania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #47
madscientwist
Earning My Ears

My boyfriend Mark and I just set up an appointment with a consultant at Disney to start the planning! We have a big family so we would need to do a wishes wedding and hope we can afford it. It has always been my dream to get married in Disney world so I hope we can make it all work out! I am very excited to meet with the wedding planner in just 2 weeks! Seems so unreal!!!!

We would like to get married between march and may of 2014 but are not set on a date yet, again depends on prices and if a time of year is cheaper. I also am not set on a venue. I love the wedding pavilion, but I am still open to other ideas. Cannot wait to see what information they give me!
madscientwist is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #48
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

september 16th 2014 not really sure on venue yet, i will see what disney say when i get pencilled in in may
nickipoo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #49
zebratat
Earning My Ears

I am surprising my husband with a VR (orig. married 9/23/2000) on 8/18/14 on the Disney Dream!! We were already booked for the cruise with our son, sister and her family, my mother and in laws. Only my sister and her husband know of my plan. Hoping that this will be able to stay a secret until I can propose at the castle a few days before the cruise!!
zebratat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #50
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

We are getting married on the Disney Dream sailing January 19, 2014 and then a Disneymoon for a week!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #51
WittyAmb
Mouseketeer

Hello 2014 brides!!!

I am beyond excited that I'm getting married at Disney World... my mother and I have been going to Disney just about every year for a girls trip for the past 10 years just before Christmas (the decorations are so beautiful).

Our wedding date is Jan. 5, 2014 at the WP with the reception at the Grand Floridian. We're still trying to decide between a rehearsal (welcome) dinner and a dessert party. Fiance is from Switzerland and I live in NYC so our guests are coming from all over. Only seems fair to have a welcome party.

He proposed in front of my entire family on Christmas Eve... basically best Christmas ever!

Can one of you explain some of the abbreviations for me? It's crazy but what does DF stand for. Disney Fiance?
WittyAmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #52
Museofire
Earning My Ears

Presidents weekend!

My fiancé and I got engaged in Epcot on nov 11th at 2am after we finished running the Sine and Dine Half-Marathon!
Now we're planning our wishes wedding of about 80 people for Sunday February 16 HOPEFULLY at 2:30 (I find out how the lotto went this afternoon...eek)
We're doing WP for the ceremony, cocktails in the Whitehall room, reception in the ballroom at grand Floridian.
We're going to stay through the week and when our family goes back to NY well be hopping in a car and driving to key west for some alone time.
Museofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #53
Laske121314
Earning My Ears

December

We are looking at December 13th. It is too far away to secure the date, but hopefully we will get it! Looking at the Swan and Dolphin instead of DFTW, as it is a good deal cheaper.
Laske121314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #54
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer

I'm new here but we are solidifying with Disney February 24, 2014 for a Wishes Wedding. Seabreeze Point and Italy Isola West!
dewingedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #55
susie2012
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

My fiancé Adam and I are hoping to get married on 18th August 2014. We are both so excited!

I can't believe how lucky we are to be having a Disney wedding
Old 02-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #56
WingsofThread
Earning My Ears

September Bride!

I'm so glad I found this thread :D My name is Caitlyn and my fiance Steve and I are looking into having our September 2014 wedding in Walt Disney World

We are working out a few more kinks, but I should be calling down there soon to plan and I cannot be anymore excited!!

We are looking at the wedding pavilion/living seas wedding currently!

ALSO, congrats to all of your engagements and I wish you all so much joy and love<3
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #57
MihoMouse
Earning My Ears

We are getting married in 2014 too! We are hoping to book April 28, 2014 with the ceremony at WP and the reception at ADH. So excited to finally start planning!!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #58
taylorali
Earning Our Ears ~ Growing Old Together

Red face So excited!

We are HOPING to get married April 26, 2014!! ~ Would love tons of advice from former Disney brides! We are hoping to keep our wedding to the 20,000 min for a Saturday wedding.

We are looking for outside vendors for flowers, other decor, photography, & video. I think I am also going to get a lot of things through etsy (save the dates/invites/place cards/other decor)

We're having 50 people. We had to cut it down to real immediate family. I want to have it at the GF ballroom, but we shall see during our site visit coming up in April! *so psyched!*

We are Catholic so we are getting married at the Corpus Christy Church nearby first. Anyone else doing that?

Yay 2014 brides!
Planning Journal
taylorali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #59
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

Cinderella's Castle Wedding!

SO EXCITED!! Called to get some solid pricing on my disney wedding!

I got the green light from my fiance to go big so big it will be!!! Wishes wedding in front of the castle only down side is the 8am ceremony since i want a dinner reception. I think we might try and do late breakfast or lunch at be our guest in my dress though!

Still deciding on a date and after looking at all the april/may weddings, i may opt for october. I was trying to avoid hurricane season but I dont want to be fighting to get my reception at dinner time either

*EDIT we set a date last night Oct 11, 2014!!

Congrats 2014 brides!!!

Last edited by Sheldora; 03-01-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #60
andeesings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldora
SO EXCITED!! Called to get some solid pricing on my disney wedding!

I got the green light from my fiance to go big so big it will be!!! Wishes wedding in front of the castle only down side is the 8am ceremony since i want a dinner reception. I think we might try and do late breakfast or lunch at be our guest in my dress though!

Congrats 2014 brides!!!
Congrats on your wedding! Unfortunately you won't be able to go inside the Magic Kingdom during park hours in your dress... Maybe do a splashy lunch reception and then an Epcot dessert party (where you CAN wear your dress?)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: