DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #16
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
i don't think they meant "online" on the DVC member website, just online on the disney website. in general, i wouldn't recommend using MS for dining reservations...it's just not their primary area of expertise...
Oh sorry my bad. Ya I always call. I only ever book dinners and only cause if I don't we will never get in the places we like. We know the exact places we like to eat at all the time and we always book the same times about so I don't need MS to give an advice or any input from them. I have used them for every trip since Kris and I started going together and never ever had an issue. I don't usually care what nights as long as I get to eat at my bucket list.

Yesterday was nice though I gave her my places: Jiko, Narcoos, Yachtsman, Flying Fish, Cal Grill, and Olivia's and said any days all around 530-6 PM. She said Cal Grill is still under construction and they don't have dates yet so I threw in Artist Point and she came back with times and dates in 5 minutes. Would have taken me longer to do it online.

Even in the past I have always called 180 days out at 7 AM and went day by day and it never took longer than 15-20 mins.

It's just them doing the typing vs me? Why wouldn't you use them?
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #17
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnies Dad View Post
Congrats, great info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Al View Post
Thanks for sharing and congrats!!
Thanks a lot!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #18
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Congratulations and welcome home!!! It is so much fun planning the first trip and since things went so smoothly, even more exciting!!

Have a great trip!!!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #19
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Congratulations and welcome home!!! It is so much fun planning the first trip and since things went so smoothly, even more exciting!!

Have a great trip!!!
Thanks alot Sandi! I appreciate it. This is like going to Disney for the first time again cause it's a new experience. Well not like the first time but close to it! lol Got to love the Florida heat but that's when we can go to squeeze a trip in before October so, we just will have to deal with it. Will prob do the parks for 2 hrs in the early AM and then the pool all day till dinner and then back to the parks at night like last year. It was so cool just hanging out last summer and not running around. We thought we might not like having the crazy busy days like usual, but we didn't fell as though we missed anything. I think this is the path our trips are going towards for the future!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #20
Minnies Dad
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info and congrats. I am also in the middle of my first acquisition - just sent my check and paperwork in yesterday.
Minnies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #21
rmcildw2m
DIS Veteran

congrats and welcome home.AKL is the most awesome of the dvc resorts by far .
Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #22
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnies Dad
Thanks for the info and congrats. I am also in the middle of my first acquisition - just sent my check and paperwork in yesterday.
Thanks! Good luck with finishing up!

Planning Thanksgiving Park/Cruise Trip!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
Old 02-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #23
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcildw2m
congrats and welcome home.AKL is the most awesome of the dvc resorts by far .
Thanks! I love it there. Is a great resort. I can't wait to stay at okw in June. I have never even been over there? I have only heard good things though!

Planning Thanksgiving Park/Cruise Trip!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #24
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

We love taking my parents and my MIL, too. MIL has always been a " DVC and Disney wooohoo! kinda girl". With my parents it of course took the first trip to Kidani. Their only complaint was the distance of their room from the lobby. They are in great health...but it is far at times. So MIL went with us this past Oct/Nov and my parents this Nov. It will be their first trip to Jambo, which I think my Dad (76) will love--it will be a bday trip for him, too. It is wonderful treating them to such a nice room--they have done and do a lot for us.

WELCOME HOME !!!
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #25
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Sounds like you got a great MS Advisor. With time you may find that you can do a better job booking as much as you can yourself online.

In the past MS would give you the website codes over the phone but they might have stopped that practice. Seems that they are making resale buyers wait as much as possible so the 60 day wait is more like 70 days now.

Congratulations on your purchase!

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #26
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Its nice to feel your positive vibes its obvious you were smiling as you wrote the post. Welcome Home
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #27
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyLu View Post
We love taking my parents and my MIL, too. MIL has always been a " DVC and Disney wooohoo! kinda girl". With my parents it of course took the first trip to Kidani. Their only complaint was the distance of their room from the lobby. They are in great health...but it is far at times. So MIL went with us this past Oct/Nov and my parents this Nov. It will be their first trip to Jambo, which I think my Dad (76) will love--it will be a bday trip for him, too. It is wonderful treating them to such a nice room--they have done and do a lot for us.

WELCOME HOME !!!
Thanks. My parents really enjoy going. We went when I was a kid a few times more cause of me. It's my wife and myself who really have a love for Disney and this was our early bond when dating. Now it's just part of our life. My parents love going with us too. Especially now that we have kids. They r funny. They literally just follow us around all week and do what we do. They are completely on cruise control and love it. No thinking for them which they love now that they are retired. We pick them up each morning at breakfast and they just say "where to". My dad is a big wine collector and foodie so he looks at menus while in lines and asked a million time where we eating tonight? lol He usually has his meal picked out by 10 AM each day for that night. It's pretty funny.

jimi

jimi
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #28
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Sounds like you got a great MS Advisor. With time you may find that you can do a better job booking as much as you can yourself online.

In the past MS would give you the website codes over the phone but they might have stopped that practice. Seems that they are making resale buyers wait as much as possible so the 60 day wait is more like 70 days now.

Congratulations on your purchase!

Bill
Yesterday I called again cause I forgot to book the castle for my daughter. Does that make me a bad dad? lol Got another great cast member yesterday too! lol 2 for 2!

Hey ya know I didn't even ask if they could give me that info. I think I'll call today and ask. Maybe they didn't give it to me cause I just didn't ask.

Thanks again Bill!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #29
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbound09 View Post
Its nice to feel your positive vibes its obvious you were smiling as you wrote the post. Welcome Home
Ya I'm happy. But I'm pretty much happy all the time in general.

Thanks!

Now if I can just get my counters to actually fully show up I'll be in business. My second one gets cut off at the bottom for some reason, but I can't find a good thread to explain if I'm picking the right code to attach or how big they can be?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #30
TotallyADiz
Earning My Ears

Jimi,

Congrats and thanks for taking the time with the great write-up!

Welcome Home!
TotallyADiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: