Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #31
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Your keyboard and your mouse are probably crawling with germs. And the bottom of your purse/bag that you wind up setting on the floor.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #32
DSNYFAM6
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina
The dirtiest thing in a hotel room is the TV remote control. Housekeepers DO NOT clean this. Would you if you were a housekeeper? Bring a zip lock bag to put it in and use it from that the rest of the time.
What a great tip! I'm loving this thread!
DSNYFAM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #33
DSNYFAM6
Earning My Ears

A woman on a moms group I'm in was saying she has 4 puking kids and they are leaving for wdw tomorrow! She's hoping for them to be feeling better. I'm glad I've never dealt with this but can you imagine how many people still go with illnesses like that! Ick! Hand sanitizer!!!
DSNYFAM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #34
Nina1
Disney Lover

FYI...Purell and other hand sanitizers DO NOT kill this stomach bug. I have read that the antibacterial wipes (like Wet Ones), do. Bring those for wiping hands. But, nothing beats good old soap and water. As for the room, I always bring a big container of Clorox wipes and a can of Lysol. I wipe down everything with the wipes and spray what I can't wipe (i.e. inside of tub).

We also do not have housekeeping come in every day. We keep the room neat. Plus, all I can think of is them bringing in germs from other rooms. I have them come in every couple of days and do my own disinfecting when we get back to the room at night. And before anyone gets on their soapbox about me denying the housekeeper his/her tips, we leave a tip for the entire number of days we are there, regardless of how much they come in, the day we check out.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #35
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYFAM6 View Post
A woman on a moms group I'm in was saying she has 4 puking kids and they are leaving for wdw tomorrow! She's hoping for them to be feeling better. I'm glad I've never dealt with this but can you imagine how many people still go with illnesses like that! Ick! Hand sanitizer!!!
And if that's not bad enough, think of the poor unsuspecting guests who move into those same rooms when the sick ones leave.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #36
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have
There's always a shortage of Barbie legs
I'm as coordinated as a drunk duck
Has never owned a guinea pig
If I see a vein I'm done!

You need the Wet Ones in the RED pack. The generic ones from Target or CVS won't work because they don't have the same active ingredient that kills the Norovirus. After one particular Disney trip where we all got sick with this virus, my DH (who has a MS in Biochemistry) looked up every single wipe on the market and found that the Wet Ones in the red packet were the only ones that would kill the Norovirus. I have carried a pack of them in my purse ever since. You can buy the purse size packs with about 12 wipes in them for $1.29 at Target checkout counters.

We live locally now and this virus is running rampant down here right now.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #37
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

We flew (4 of us) cross country from PA to CA (first visit to Disneyland and VGC) a few weeks ago during the worst of the nationwide flu epidemic. I had several packs (travel size) of Clorox wipes with me and wiped down seat arms, tray tables, seat belt buckles BEFORE we settled in our seats....my DH, son and grandson thought I was crazy.......however, none of us got sick. I also wiped kitchen counter and bath counters, faucets....yes, even the TV remote... with my trusty Clorox wipes...as soon as we checked in. We were also very careful about handwashing at every opportunity and not touching railings, etc while standing in lines.....however, we didn't encounter many lines at all...since we were there during the cold snap in CA.....low 50 degree daytime temps for four of the six days we were there!! I don't think we waited more than 20 minutes for anything.....even Radiator Springs Racers!!!! We had a great time......didn't mind 50 degrees and sunny at all.......we're used to much worse in January in PA!!
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #38
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

I read about how Wet Ones were better for killing norovirus so that's what we used besides hand washing at Disney and traveling. We just got back and everyone stayed puke free! Just one anecdote but I thought I'd throw it out there since my kids normally catch everything

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: