Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

I was thinking of a travel agent but decided agents it
Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #17
gone2disney
Mouseketeer

Nope-Just booked this week for July 28th on Dream. There are no inside cabins or oceanview left on our cruise for 4. We got a verandah room, which we would have gotten anyway. We have booked airfare home, but not there yet.
02/08 GF
09/08 WL
06/09 BC
09/10 BC
09/11 GF
07/13 Windsor Hills
gone2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #18
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
To is it a good idea to get a travel agent
A good travel agent can be worth his/her weight in gold. A not so good one is nothing but a pain.

What I look for: Someone who has been on the ships relatively recently. Someone who has personally attended the training that Disney provides to agents. Extended hours (not 9-5, M-F) Communication the way I like it (800 number, e-mail, snail mail, my choice. I don't like to be told "we only do e-mail.") Years of experience as an agent.

Remember that you are hiring both the agent and the agency and you need to be happy with both.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner

A good travel agent can be worth his/her weight in gold. A not so good one is nothing but a pain.

What I look for: Someone who has been on the ships relatively recently. Someone who has personally attended the training that Disney provides to agents. Extended hours (not 9-5, M-F) Communication the way I like it (800 number, e-mail, snail mail, my choice. I don't like to be told "we only do e-mail.") Years of experience as an agent.

Remember that you are hiring both the agent and the agency and you need to be happy with both.
Thank you
Old 02-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #20
crundell
Mouseketeer

I am wondering the same thing

I was looking at vacation options for me and my 3 kids, when I realized that the 8 day Bahamas out of Galveston lined up perfectly with my kids Spring Break and they are running kids sail free. It's looking like 4165 for the cruise and 1600 for plane tickets. I can use Supershuttle for the ground transportation for $240 flying into Hobby. So, am I crazy thinking this would be a great spring break vacation for 4? We would be first time cruisers, and since it's the weekend I don't even know if I can get the time off yet, but I am seriously considering this.

How long did you take to plan your first cruise? Is it possible to whip the plans together in just under 2 months being a first-timer?
crundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #21
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crundell
I was looking at vacation options for me and my 3 kids, when I realized that the 8 day Bahamas out of Galveston lined up perfectly with my kids Spring Break and they are running kids sail free. It's looking like 4165 for the cruise and 1600 for plane tickets. I can use Supershuttle for the ground transportation for $240 flying into Hobby. So, am I crazy thinking this would be a great spring break vacation for 4? We would be first time cruisers, and since it's the weekend I don't even know if I can get the time off yet, but I am seriously considering this.

How long did you take to plan your first cruise? Is it possible to whip the plans together in just under 2 months being a first-timer?
If dh and I go though with it it will be our seconded and our first it was just a few clicks as long as you have a pass port
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #22
crundell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If dh and I go though with it it will be our seconded and our first it was just a few clicks as long as you have a pass port
I read about passports, but I am under the impression that me and my children can cruise with our birth certificates since it leaves from Galveston and returns to Galveston. I this not correct? The only area outside the US on the 8 day is CC in the Bahama's. The other ports are Port Canaveral and Key West which are both US. Please, please tell me we can do this cruise without passports.
crundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #23
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crundell

I read about passports, but I am under the impression that me and my children can cruise with our birth certificates since it leaves from Galveston and returns to Galveston. I this not correct? The only area outside the US on the 8 day is CC in the Bahama's. The other ports are Port Canaveral and Key West which are both US. Please, please tell me we can do this cruise without passports.
I read the same thing not sure if it is true or not
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #24
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

We booked a couple of weeks ago for May, so no, July is not too late.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #25
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Definitely NOT, too late!
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #26
Munkamamacallie
Mouseketeer

A nice DIS'er also compiled a list of when they offered *GT rates. I was surprised to see that there were summer dates. For those of you that can't decide or commit until later, this is a possibility. I'm guessing based on the history & comments of other posters that Summer *GT rates might start to come out in March.
Munkamamacallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #27
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Quote:
Thinking of July 2013 trip feel free to laugh at me
We booked our cruise on the maiden voyage of the Fantasy about 8 months before sailing. It sold out a few months later. Two weeks before the trip, my wife said her sister and sister's family were interested in going, and would I please call DCL and check. I had nothing better to do, so I called. I asked the CM not to laugh at me, but was there a cabin open? To my surprise, there was. People cancel all the time. Even sold out cruises will have cabins come available. Never hurts to ask.
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #28
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

I booked a week and a half before a cruise in the beginning of December.
And then on another cruise I added my stepdaughter to our reservation about 2 months before the cruise. She asked me to surprise the rest of the family so I had to tell them that there was no room and then she surprised them at the hotel the day before! It was a long 2 months!!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #29
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

We just booked our family in January for may! Last January booked a cruise about 2 weeks before for just the 2 of us. Both times no airfare was involved though. Go for it!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #30
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

It's high season, therefore prices are higher than opening day. The more you wait, the higher they'll get.

Last minute deals for these would be tough, due to it being high season. Get in touch with a TA as you'll get some additional On Board Credit thru them.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: