Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
mtdewlarissa
Earning My Ears

extra hours

if you stay to take photos during the evening extra hours do they throw you out as long as you dont ride. we will be staying off site
mtdewlarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

At some point close to closing hours, the rides will shut down. Then its just a matter of hanging out. I have never really pushed it too long after closing, however I have stayed til it was nearly empty. I read the body language of the cast members/security. A few times I have actually engaged them in conversation to ascertain how long they will allow me to stay. They have always been accomodating as long as I have been reasonable. I have never been thrown out. Depending on what shift the security folks are working, they may want to go home so there will be an endgame. I guess I would rather be safe than sorry. While I love night photography, I also like the early mornings. For that I try for an early morning/before rope drop breakfast reservation at whichever park I want to shoot. With the morning light I don't have to set up the tripod and have been successful with some shots that I like. Here's a few from mornings and nights.

Main Street Fire Engine Morning 1167 by Terry McGraw Photography, on Flickr

CC in the Morning by Terry McGraw Photography, on Flickr

Partners and Castle Morning by Terry McGraw Photography, on Flickr

Liberty Belle Night 3942 by Terry McGraw Photography, on Flickr

Train Entrance Night 0471 by Terry McGraw Photography, on Flickr
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdewlarissa View Post
if you stay to take photos during the evening extra hours do they throw you out as long as you dont ride. we will be staying off site
When I've been during evening EMH they've only checked if you were a guest or not when you were getting in line for a ride.

Who are these students and why are they calling me teacher?

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #4
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo_chick View Post
When I've been during evening EMH they've only checked if you were a guest or not when you were getting in line for a ride.
Photo chick is correct, I misread your post thinking you wanted to stay after the parks closed for photographs.
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #5
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

While it is possible they would check, I doubt they would. I've only closed a park once, Epcot, and they never checked. That said, they did sort of push me out of World Showcase, so I just continues shooting around the park. It was a really neat experience shooting atnight and you are basically the only person around, but also a little spooky. Eventually, you see more and more employees who politely direct you towards the exit.

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards
mikegood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegood2 View Post
While it is possible they would check, I doubt they would. I've only closed a park once, Epcot, and they never checked. That said, they did sort of push me out of World Showcase, so I just continues shooting around the park. It was a really neat experience shooting atnight and you are basically the only person around, but also a little spooky. Eventually, you see more and more employees who politely direct you towards the exit.

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards
I've had similar experience. DS & I stayed after the park closed. While we had no problem in WS - probably because we keep moving from pavilion to pavilion, we "hit the wall" so to speak when we tried heading over to shoot Mission Space. We went during August when they were working on TT, so they had the whole area closed down (re: "clear of guests"). Within less than a minute after leaving Mouse Gears (we exited at the main entrance by the Electric Umbrella headed straight toward MS), CMs intercepted us in route and kindly mentioned that the area was closed. We humbly apologized and went on our way (re: over to the imagination pavilion for a few waterfall pics). Ironically, as we were packing up to head back to the Beach Club, another CM happened by. As she could tell we were through for the night, she simply asked if I got any good shots. When I said I hope so, she said great, wished us a good night and went on her way.
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York -- Nov 2014 - WDW Yacht Club

My first ever Trip Report - DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!
Me!Thatswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

You cannot get in for morning EMH without a room key.

My understanding is that non-resort guests are welcome to stay, shop and eat. They just cannot do rides and attractions. This is very different from hard ticket parties (MNSSHP and MVMCP) where everyone without a ticket has to leave, and you can't stay to shop, eat or reportedly even use the restroom.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: