Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #691
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Wow, poor Parker!! And I know as parents, we all do things we regret. At least you were able to cool down and let him know you weren't really mad at him.
very true, just have to learn to not keep doing the same boneheaded moves over and over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Yup we would get teh beach at TL with a DJ and food set up near Leaning Palms.

No water time for us but the big waves were going so we could see. I am really surprised that no one "went swimming" With Pool people usually someone ends up in the pool.

Some of the cool things is we get to see the mechanics of it all. Behind the scenes for all the pool geeks.

I remember hearing about the TRex experience. Too bad Parker was so scared. I am sure at some time you can try it again, hopefully after Noelle get over that stage too.

I will tell you, you did better than I would have. YOu do get thtat nomination for Parents of the year.
hmm no one ended up in hte pool, then i guess it was a non alcoholic party

thta would be neat to see the behind the scenes of those things, are you allowed to take pictures when yo ugo to those?

hopefully noelle wont be scared of those things, she is pretty fearless right now. doing stuff parker would never attempt when he was little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Parker's improvised rain gear had me

Poor guy. I know exactly how you feel. We tried eating there a few years ago because of my daughter's love of dinosaurs, but my son was so freaked out he refused to even enter the building. We ended up at the McDonalds that used to be there.

That's such a hard position to be in as a parent. You go through all this effort to make your kids happy that you sometimes want to shout, "This is for you! Now start enjoying it!"

I'm sure he was back to loving Mommy and Daddy soon after you guys made up.
i thought that rain gear was awesome as well, thanks.

there were a few times we said things like that when he acted up on the trip but then had to realize that being scared is part of growing up and we needed to explain why things are what they are and they are and so forth.

as you will see in hte next chapter going shopping and dinos love was back on the table.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #692
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 32. Time to Redeem ourselves

Chapter 32. Time to Redeem Ourselves.

After we finished up our meal we still wanted to take parker to the build a dino, he was really looking forward to it. Since he knew his destination he had no trouble walking straight to the shop and checking out all the had to offer.

I mean walking to your table and going right past this guy could have no affect or scare a little kid now could it.

we looked over all the animals and despite the t-rex as his favorite, he chose a lovable friendly plant eater for the build a dino

checking out all that stuffing that is going to go into his new best friend.

he already knew his name at this point so we will from this point forward call dino friend
Bronty, get it brontosaurus.
Seeing bronty come to life caused him to jump up and down with excitment.

Time to pick out the perfect heart for bronty.

Give him a big squeeze to make sure he is the perfect squishyness.

Then make sure he is really smart like parker and rub his heart on his head.

Have some muscle bulging bicepts to scare away other dinos.

Have a good heart like parker to love others, that is apparently in parker stomache.

Then kiss the heart and stuff it in.

while bronty was sewed up, parker continued to jump around like a very excited nut. so we knew that all was forgiven and we were off the hook.

noelle was not impressed with his dino or his showing off dancing. dont worry about her though she has plenty of stuffed animals and will build her own dino when she gets older if she chooses.

now that the dino was all his he could hug away all he wanted.

bronty was due for a good air wash.

and a srub down.

we then named him officially on the computer had his birth certificate printed out and made our way out.

I still dont see what is so scary about this restaurant.

i really liked there boxes here, they had room for the heads and tails to pop out of the box so they were not squished in to the little house.

we then made our way to the side of the world of disney store, after checking out the legos that were new to us. im sure you have all seen them plenty so ill just bore you with two of our pictures.

and here was a window on the side of world of disney i have never noticed before that had a great bathroom location just down the way that was nice and quite and good spot to stop.

we planned on letting parker pick out a pillow pet this trip, and since he knew that he wanted a mickey one and was not going to change his mind despite there being alot of other characters to choose from, we let him use some of his souvenir money to pick on up so he could use it that night in bed.

Anytime we are a store noelle sees a stuffed animals she pretty much wants one. Now at home she is allowed to hold it in the store then it is sneakly taken away and put down before we leave, but disney has its own rules and she had some money to spend so she saw a tramp puppy she loved so needless to say it came home with us.

and what better way to end the day with a ride back to the resort than to sit on your brothers head on that ride back to the resort.

that pretty much summed up the rest of the evening, we got back to the room, relaxed and got ready for bed, kids bathed up, i headed to fill drinks, and we all crashed down in bed around 10:00 for our next park day.

Just a little update on my Head Shaving Event, I had some more good donations come in today and I am 30% toward my goal amount. If anyone wants to donate or view my participate webpage, please let me know and I will send you a PM for it.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #693
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Have a good heart like parker to love others, that is apparently in parker stomache.

Well, you know they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Parker is too cute...love his reaction to building Bronty! Noelle is a sweetie with her Tramp baby too!

Jill in CO
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #694
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm so glad that Parket went back and built Bronty and all was well in his world again. Love the excitement on his face. And Noelle does look totally bored with the whole thing.

and here was a window on the side of world of disney i have never noticed before that had a great bathroom location just down the way that was nice and quite and good spot to stop.

Someone has been skimming my TR's in the past!!!! I have a picture of this window with Mark sitting in front of it!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #695
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Glad parker was okay with going back to make his own dino.

he picked a very cute one

Yay on Mickey Pillow pet. I got my friend's daughter a Pluto one and that thing was so soft, I wanted to keep it
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #696
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Nice updates!!!! At first glance the kiddie area at TL looks a little underwhelming, but it looks like it was just perfect for your crew! I tried to snorkel there, and the water was so cold I jumped back out - the CMs were not happy with me.

Parker's water skills are pretty good - he looks totally at home on the water slides! I love Noelle's little shoulder flirts - just keep her locked up for a long time! Like Rapunzel.

PARENTS OF THE YEAR!!! DGS reacted the same way at Rainforest Cafe - We took him out to the gift shop in shifts and then got his food to go.

Parker was really brave to go back in and make a dino of his own!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #697
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
hmm no one ended up in the pool, then i guess it was a non alcoholic party

that would be neat to see the behind the scenes of those things, are you allowed to take pictures when yo ugo to those?
Plenty of alcohol flowing but everyone being pool people we "know" not to get in the pool after we are drinking....

No really somehow I am surprised there is not one wet person after we have these parties. Kind of baffling really...

I think we are told "no pictures" while in teh pump rooms and such. I never seem to have any pictures of them so that must be it.

Disney is pretty secretive. We are not even told what the water temp is kept at and how they chill it down because you know during the summer it must get pretty yucky but it always feels cool and refreshing.

I think BB is kept a bit cooler to fit in with the melting snow theme.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #698
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Way to redeem yourselves.

Parker sure is loving that Dino and I LOVE the box with the head and tail sticking out.

A much better end to the evening....
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #699
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I didnt even know about the build a dino,thats so cool n I think the pillow pals are so awesome my 10 yr old has a lotso one n I love it so much I wanna pick one out the next time,of course I'll also be picking up a PLuto for my 7 yr old

Old 02-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #700
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Even though the restaurant experience didn't turn out quite like you hoped, I'm glad everything was forgiven in the end. There's nothing more comforting than a brand new build-a-bear (dino) to cheer him up!

Noelle seems like she's pretty darn hard to impress!

Glad both the kids found something nice to snuggle with. There's something pretty irresistible about those bright, soft Disney plushes!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop), January 2015 (ASMo)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Nike+: secondaryhoney
Add me and let's run!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #701
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i really liked there boxes here, they had room for the heads and tails to pop out of the box so they were not squished in to the little house.

This IS really cool. Much better than a build a bear. Makes me want one. There's just something about a cool dino! And Parker certainly has the smile to prove it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #702
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Chapter 32. Time to Redeem Ourselves.

Seeing bronty come to life caused him to jump up and down with excitment.

I love this!! I love it when kids are so excited the only way they know how to express it is by jumping up and down!!

Oooh I can't tell you how many times we've come home with these build-a-bear type boxes. I love seeing their faces with pure joy when they are bringing home a new friend to love. My dad use to get Mackie gift cards to Build-a-Bear every year for Christmas or birthdays, she has just a few of these.
When we re-did her room to more of a tween room we put up shelves that line one whole wall of her room, the bears homes (along with her other prized animals) are on top of this shelf that span the wall.

and what better way to end the day with a ride back to the resort than to sit on your brothers head on that ride back to the resort.

Way to teach them young, mom!

Just a little update on my Head Shaving Event, I had some more good donations come in today and I am 30% toward my goal amount. If anyone wants to donate or view my participate webpage, please let me know and I will send you a PM for it.
Oooh, I hope I can catch you on this before it's over.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #703
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Love that pic of Parker holding Bronty in the box! And I'm so glad he named it Bronty, because I was devastated as an adult to learn that a brontosaurus is not a real dinosaur! It was my favorite one as a kid. So it will always be a dinosaur to me, just like Pluto will always be a planet!! But seriously, glad he calmed down and was excited about building his dino.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #704
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I had no idea they printed out a birth certificate at those build your own places. How cute! I love his "house"

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #705
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Well, I'm certainly glad things calmed down and order was restored to the universe. If only order in the universe didn't hit the wallet so hard...

My daughter really loved the Build-a-Dino shop too. Much more unique than building a boring ol' teddy bear.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: