Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #16
monarchs21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
You did CP? Jealous! Unfortunately, the school of nursing is not convinced of the usefulness of a semester in WDW
That's lame...I'd start a petition at your school because it was AWESOME!! lol
monarchs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchs21 View Post
That's lame...I'd start a petition at your school because it was AWESOME!! lol
They have it at my school- they're always advertising in fact. I'd just have to take a semester off from completing nursing program credits because my program schedule is very strict. There just isn't any room to go to Florida because I can't take any classes online and the Disney classes wouldn't fulfill any requirements. Oh well!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop), January 2015 (ASMo)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Nike+: secondaryhoney
Add me and let's run!
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #18
monarchs21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They have it at my school- they're always advertising in fact. I'd just have to take a semester off from completing nursing program credits because my program schedule is very strict. There just isn't any room to go to Florida because I can't take any classes online and the Disney classes wouldn't fulfill any requirements. Oh well!
Well that's no fun....but it's probably good for you because nursing is a great career!
monarchs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #19
ThroughLookingGlass
“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm Em and I'm fairly new to the DIS boards. I figured I should come back and introduce myself here so I could meet some new Disney friends and really get involved in the community.

A little about me- I'm 19, a nursing student, and an avid runner. I just got back from Disney 1/19 and will be writing a TR soon. I'm planning to return with my sister next February to take on the Princess half marathon. It'll be my sister's first half, so it'll be pretty exciting!

So, stop and introduce yourself! Tell me your favorite ride, and your favorite resort! Point me in the direction of your trip report! Share some Disney wisdom with me!

HI! It's kind of hard for me to find friends on here everyone seems so much older I'm also 19 (20 soon), I'm a Photographer from New Jersey my favorite ride is probably Haunted Mansion, I have a TR in my sig check it out if you'd like :]
Old 01-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #20
LisaMommyto2
Earning My Ears

Welcome! Too funny we returned on 1/4 and stayed in the little mermaid section! And live in NJ..small world. I don't come n the board often but I like it for when I need a disney fix! We'd love to return next year but are currently planning for 2015. Is it wrong I a looking for a new job specifically to go to disney lol.

Me (29) DH (30) DS (8) DD (6)
LisaMommyto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #21
Jillianne256
Earning My Ears

Cool Hello Everyone!

I'm Jillianne and I'm new here in DisBoards... I discovered this forum through a friend who introduced me to a disney food blog (which I got sooo addicted about! I read the blog every day because of the awesome posts -mostly about Food at various disney restaurants! ) I'll be having my very first Disney trip in the middle of this year and I am sooo excited about it!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #22
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroughLookingGlass View Post
HI! It's kind of hard for me to find friends on here everyone seems so much older I'm also 19 (20 soon), I'm a Photographer from New Jersey my favorite ride is probably Haunted Mansion, I have a TR in my sig check it out if you'd like :]
Hi! I'm so exicted to meet other young people Everyone here on DIS is super nice, but I don't feel quite as connected to the other members because most of them are older than I am.

I love Haunted Mansion a lot too! It's such a classic! I will definitely sub to your TR and read it this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMommyto2 View Post
Welcome! Too funny we returned on 1/4 and stayed in the little mermaid section! And live in NJ..small world. I don't come n the board often but I like it for when I need a disney fix! We'd love to return next year but are currently planning for 2015. Is it wrong I a looking for a new job specifically to go to disney lol.
What a small world! (no pun intended! ) Wasn't the LM section awesome? I loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianne256 View Post
I'm Jillianne and I'm new here in DisBoards... I discovered this forum through a friend who introduced me to a disney food blog (which I got sooo addicted about! I read the blog every day because of the awesome posts -mostly about Food at various disney restaurants! ) I'll be having my very first Disney trip in the middle of this year and I am sooo excited about it!
A first timer! That's so exciting!

Whenever I'm in the parks, it always makes me so excited to see folks with the '1st visit' pins. There's just something so awesome about knowing they're probably falling in love with the place! I hope you enjoy your trip!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop), January 2015 (ASMo)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Add me and let's run!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #23
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Welcome!!! I am always glad to find people around my age on the DIS everyone either seems to be older or younger... Anyway my name is Heather, I am 18 years old and studying early-childhood education.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #24
mouseman41
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the boards. There will be great wisdom to learn from these pages. You can get answers to any Disney questions here. Dis people are the smartest Disney fans on the planet. Have fun and welcome aboard!!!

1991 - June - Carribbean Beach
1993 - April - Carribbean Beach-Honeymoon
1995 - October - Carribbean Beach
1997 - November - Hotel Royal Plaza
1999 - October - All Star Movies
2000 - October - All Star Movies
2007 - March -Pop Century
2008 - March -Pop Century
2008 - August - First trip to Disneyland!
2009 - December -Pop Century - MVMCP
2011 - March - First Disney Cruise - Disney Dream
2011 - March - All Star Movies
2013 - October -Disney Wonder from Galveston
2014 - May - Pop Century - Star Wars Weekend!!
mouseman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #25
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseman41 View Post
Welcome to the boards. There will be great wisdom to learn from these pages. You can get answers to any Disney questions here. Dis people are the smartest Disney fans on the planet. Have fun and welcome aboard!!!
They definitely are! In just a month or two I've already learned so many great, useful tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
Welcome!!! I am always glad to find people around my age on the DIS everyone either seems to be older or younger... Anyway my name is Heather, I am 18 years old and studying early-childhood education.
Same! I've tried looking around the college boards, but it seems like most of the posts are CPers. It's nice to find people my age who like talking about the travel aspect!

Add me and let's run!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #26
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney

Same! I've tried looking around the college boards, but it seems like most of the posts are CPers. It's nice to find people my age who like talking about the travel aspect!
Yes!!!! I feel the exact same way!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #27
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Welcome!! I'm 19 too! And my boyfriend is a nursing major too!!

And I'll hop on over and check out your PTR!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #28
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010
Welcome!! I'm 19 too! And my boyfriend is a nursing major too!!

And I'll hop on over and check out your PTR!
Hi there! Nice to meet more youngin's!

Nursing majors are the best, aren't they?

I'm going to post the first few parts of my actual TR this weekend. In case anyone is interested, I'll drop a link here!

Add me and let's run!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #29
Steamboat Minnie
Earning My Ears

Welcome! I did not know there were Disney marathons, but that is impressive to say the least! I hope you enjoy Disboards.
Steamboat Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #30
Vinnya1726
Earning My Ears

Welcome to the boards.
July 07 - Pop Century
DS First Visit
July 11 - Port of Orleans - French Quarter
DD First Visit
August 10 - First Trip as DVC Owners
AKL
Beach Club - With DBIL/DSIL