Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #496
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
You as well! Nice to meet a Dis celebrity!

Jill in CO
I don't know about that. But thanks. It was nice to see you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I think you & Claire are eating at the same table DH & I had when we were at Boma for dinner!

That was really cool you got to meet Podsnel & her sons. I saw those balconies when at the pool & didn't realize that was one room!
It was a nice spot!
I was really fortunate to meet a lot of people this trip.
Ellen's room was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Wow! That grand villa is phenomenal! That bathroom is bigger than my kitchen!
It was huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
I read a blog about photographing the MNSSHP and it recommends taking a picture of the See Ya Real Soon pumpkins when you first arrive and the sun is still out. Of course that's no help to you now.
Now you tell me! But you are right, I should've taken it in the daylight.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #497
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Isn't it neat when you meet other Disers? It's so cool to finally put a face to a name.

Yowzers! Ellen's suite is sweeeeet! It looked amazing.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #498
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Isn't it neat when you meet other Disers? It's so cool to finally put a face to a name.

Yowzers! Ellen's suite is sweeeeet! It looked amazing.
I do love meeting them The planned ones are great, but the surprise ones are just as wonderful.

yes it was!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #499
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Now you tell me! But you are right, I should've taken it in the daylight.
Let's see if I remember this advice later this year. Here is a link to the blog in case you are interested in reading it. I'm sure you will be going back to a MNSSHP event in the next few years.

blog

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #500
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
That was me! I recognized your hairdo.
Thats what I tild my DH to look for, the hairdo!

Now it my turn to be jealous, Kadence too! (she made me write that)The animals out your window, So cool! Such a opportunity to experience that!

Rat nest hair, yup, I just picked out Kadence's hair and she has a fit every time. I'd never cut it short, but it's tempting!

Beautiful room that your DIS friend has! When I win the lotto.

Is Boma a buffet for all meals? I'm trying to think of a way to get over to AKL next time and a buffet would interest John.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #501
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Let's see if I remember this advice later this year. Here is a link to the blog in case you are interested in reading it. I'm sure you will be going back to a MNSSHP event in the next few years.

blog
I will check that out. I hope to get back again for the halloween party in the next few years. It was a lot of fun. I can see why all the hype!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Thats what I tild my DH to look for, the hairdo!

Now it my turn to be jealous, Kadence too! (she made me write that)The animals out your window, So cool! Such a opportunity to experience that!

Rat nest hair, yup, I just picked out Kadence's hair and she has a fit every time. I'd never cut it short, but it's tempting!

Beautiful room that your DIS friend has! When I win the lotto.

Is Boma a buffet for all meals? I'm trying to think of a way to get over to AKL next time and a buffet would interest John.
Yes, I get tempted too, but I would be sad to see it gone and she likes it long. There will probably be a day when she wants it short.
Ellens rooms was so awesome. When I win the lotto, I'll bring you along and we can stay in it.

Yes, it a buffet. It does have some African dishes, but there was enough normal food to keep us happy too. Maybe you get him there and see the grounds and he will want to be staying there!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #502
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We finished up our meal at Boma. We really enjoyed it. The juice is pretty darn good too!
I paid the bill and we gathered our belongings and headed out. Once again, we no longer had a room, so we had to carry with us what we needed for the day till it was time to leave.

We made a stop to take a couple of pictures of Claire.

And a stop off at the bathroom.

MEANWHILE!

My family was preparing to head to the airport. My Mom had arranged for a bus to take 10 of them to the airport in Detroit. That left Katie, Thad and their boys to go up there on their own.

Mom said they came across a bad accident on the way up and quickly called Katie to tell her to avoid it.

They arrived at the airport and settled in till it was time to board the plane. They were flying Delta.

Abby is always happy if she has a good snack.

Mom said they boarded on time, but Katie and family were practically running to the plane. I guess they had run into the accident after all and were running extremely late. I do think the flight time actually mightve been changed to a bit later of a time. I had made the arrangements for everyone and I had it all written down in my planner so I knew when to get to the airport to meet them, but they ended up landing about 10 minutes later than I had written down. Mom said it was all on time and she wasnt sure if the time changed or not. LOL

So Claire and I had just finished a nice brunch.
We headed outside a bit. I think we checked out the hot tub and took a look at the Flamingoes again.

We then decided to go over and look at the Savanna, so back through the resort we went.

A few peeks out the windows.

A picture of my little sweetheart.

We went and admired the animals. There were a ton of giraffes out today.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #503
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I think you get free laundry in a DVC room when you are staying at a 1 BR or above. Studios don't get the free laundry.

That room at AKL is amazing! Love the pool table.

Is Boma worth going to for breakfast? We had dinner there in Nov and we really enjoyed it.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #504
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice
I think you get free laundry in a DVC room when you are staying at a 1 BR or above. Studios don't get the free laundry.
I read somewhere that there are free laundry rooms for the studios since they don't have their own washer/dryer. I hope this is still the case.

OP, thanks for your interesting TR. I'm really enjoying all your pictures.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #505
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

That room at AKL is amazing! Love the pool table.

Is Boma worth going to for breakfast? We had dinner there in Nov and we really enjoyed it.
It is free for studios, you just don't have it in your room. You have to go to the laundry room. We used it at the Beach Club later in the trip a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
I read somewhere that there are free laundry rooms for the studios since they don't have their own washer/dryer. I hope this is still the case.

OP, thanks for your interesting TR. I'm really enjoying all your pictures.
Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #506
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

The washing machines and dryers are actually free at the DVC resorts. You just push in the coin slots and they start. I had to ask my first trip. I think at Jambo House, the front desk might just credit you if you are DVC (its been awhile since I've stayed there) but I know the laundry rooms at Kidani are free.

Jill in CO
Old 02-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #507
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
It is free for studios, you just don't have it in your room. You have to go to the laundry room. We used it at the Beach Club later in the trip a couple of times.
Quote:
The washing machines and dryers are actually free at the DVC resorts. You just push in the coin slots and they start. I had to ask my first trip. I think at Jambo House, the front desk might just credit you if you are DVC (its been awhile since I've stayed there) but I know the laundry rooms at Kidani are free.

Jill in CO
I guess I am wrong. I swear the info we received at OKW said the laundry rooms were pay. I just threw away all my paperwork from there over the weekend.

Oh well, not like it's the first time I've ever been wrong.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #508
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

It's great that you saw so many animals that morning.

Quote:
I guess I am wrong. I swear the info we received at OKW said the laundry rooms were pay. I just threw away all my paperwork from there over the weekend.

We stayed in a studio at OKW over Thanksgiving and the laundry rooms by the pools are all free.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #509
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47

We stayed in a studio at OKW over Thanksgiving and the laundry rooms by the pools are all free.

Corinna
Thanks for piling it on.

j/k
Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #510
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

Jill in CO
Good to know!

Quote:

You threw it away! WHAT. You need to keep that FOREVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post

Corinna

Good to know if I ever stay there!

Quote:
Thanks for piling it on.

j/k
You know, if you weren't wearing a Thing 1 and 2 bra and carrying a whip, we could all take you more seriously!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: