Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
taraaplin
Mouseketeer

Dessert option on dining plan

Can you get a shake or smoothie in most places as a dessert option on the dining plans?

What are some of the most expensive snacks one can find at the park. Any must haves?
taraaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
the little marla
you're not getting cold fins now? are ya!

I know for sure you can get a shake at SCI FI - I did last summer and I even asked for it to go, I'm guessing you'd have to check with the restaurant and first see if they even have shakes on the menu!

May 2013 Dining Report! June 2012 DDP Dining Report!

December '13 off site May '13 Pop/off site + 4nights Disney Dream June '12 Pop November '11 Disneyland for our honeymoon! May '11 4 nights on the Dream! + Poly!
August '10 Pop August '09 Pop/3 night Wonder Cruise! and ENGAGED IN DISNEY! 8.24.09! January '09 AS Movies
1986-2009 at least 1 trip per year, contemporary,pop,coronado springs, off site[/SIZE]
the little marla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraaplin
Can you get a shake or smoothie in most places as a dessert option on the dining plans?

What are some of the most expensive snacks one can find at the park. Any must haves?
It probably depends on the restaurant. Those owned by Disney are more likely to allow this, whereas those that are operated by a third party tend to be much stricter. I think you can get a milkshake as your dessert at WCC.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Assuming you're looking for the most expensive snacks that can be purchased on the dining plan, you can look at this thread of confirmed snacks. Also, if you're going during F&W, historically we've been able to use snack credits for any of the non-alc food and beverages. Here's the thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039087

Shakes and smoothies are not available at all restaurants. You will have to ask at any that have them to see if you can order one as your dessert. I know some of the Disney owned restaurants allow it as your beverage - the 2 mentioned previously and 50's Prime Time are the most commonly mentioned.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraaplin View Post

Again, this is what I've been preaching about the last few weeks. Why are you asking what the most expensive snacks are? Why does it matter? It matters to you because you're trying to maximize the value of the dining plan -- which is almost impossible to do these days. So instead of getting something you'd truly enjoy or want, you'll instead aim for something that's 'expensive".
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Again, this is what I've been preaching about the last few weeks. Why are you asking what the most expensive snacks are? Why does it matter? It matters to you because you're trying to maximize the value of the dining plan -- which is almost impossible to do these days. So instead of getting something you'd truly enjoy or want, you'll instead aim for something that's 'expensive".
Hmmm, don't see what is wrong with the question Maybe if the most expensive is also one of your top three favs..then go with the most expensive rather than another option that you love that is the cheapest, b/c when you are out of credits you then buy your 2nd and 3rd favs out of pocket b/c they are the cheapest. Why not get the most bang for your buck and if you want to eat something you don't like b/c it is the most expensive then so be it. I know my dad is a total bargain guy and probably would eat something he liked less if he felt like he was getting a better deal. To each their own.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
~April~
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
I have seen a couple comments like this, not just from you. But I wonder why even bother responding if you have nothing to value to add to the posters question??

I have a pre~teen boy who is in that eat everything stage...I prefer to use the dinning plan to pay for the higher priced things he will eat then pay out of pocket for the cheaper things he is going to want to eat also. I don't feel bad about doing this as I know for a fact my dh, my dd, my 11 year old ds (who I have to pay for an adult meal plan for whom will pick meals off of the childs menu because he has yet to reach the stage of eating my oldre son has yet) and myself will not eat enough food for the cost of the plan, but like the security of having our eating expenses mostly paid for.
~April~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I know of one thing that was kind of expensive and I couldn't believe you could actually get it for just a snack credit is the Ham and Cheese Croissant sandwich at the France bakery in Epcot. The sandwich is very big. Or it was before they refurb'd the bakery. I haven't seen any of the offerings since they reopened. But it was a meal sized sandwich for just a snack credit.

Another high priced snack you can get is a Funnel cake in MK. MK is the only park where you can use a snack credit for a funnel cake because in Epcot the funnel cakes are $over 5.00.

To me the best snack option is the Napoleon at the France bakery in Epcot. It is my personal favorite treat in all of WDW. DOle Whip floats are a pretty good value for a snack credit too. They are all $5 options.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If people are looking to maximize the value of their dining plan, that is their business. It's really the only way to get any substantial savings from these plans anymore.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
catne
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=taraaplin;47389679]Can you get a shake or smoothie in most places as a dessert option on the dining plans?

What are some of the most expensive snacks one can find at the park. Any must haves?[/QUOTE

In our experience, a lot of the Disney-owned restaurants will let you get a shake or a smoothie as your non-alcoholic beverage option (instead of soda, tea or coffee) plus get a dessert too. Among other places, we've done that at The Wave, The Turf Club, and Kona Cafe. If your server doesn't mention it, just ask.
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #11
DandSx2
Earning My Ears

We stayed at All Star movies last Sept. I know we were surprised at our hotel last year by the giant cookie sandwiches. The cookies we huge to begin with. If you order 1 it counts as a snack, but you get 2 with the ice cream sandwich and then they added 3 scoops of ice cream to them. We cut ours into 4 and shared it because it was monstous. lol. It was super delicious! I highly recommend trying it.
Sept. 2011, Pop Century, 6 nights
Sept. 2012, All Star Movies, 7 nights
Jan. 2014 All Star Music, 6 nights + 1 added night/day due to a snow storm in Georgia *Forced to stay one more night in Disney? What a hard decision that was!
DandSx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #12
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandSx2
We stayed at All Star movies last Sept. I know we were surprised at our hotel last year by the giant cookie sandwiches. The cookies we huge to begin with. If you order 1 it counts as a snack, but you get 2 with the ice cream sandwich and then they added 3 scoops of ice cream to them. We cut ours into 4 and shared it because it was monstous. lol. It was super delicious! I highly recommend trying it.
This!! It was my mothers favorite. She was rather disappointed when we went to POFQ and they did not allow you to get the ice cream cookie sandwich as a dessert with the DDP. I don't understand why there is no continuity between restaurants as to what is or isn't allowed.
nonstopdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: