Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #16
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondaysChild View Post
Thanks everyone!! I looked at both prices and it is 390 to upgrade. I may be crazy but I think it is going to be worth it! We spend naps in the room and reading out on the little porch seems like heaven to me. I don't get quiet alone time otherwise. When we are out during the day, we will be busy having fun! When I look at the room pics there just seems to be such a difference when you have real light. I may get off the boat and say I wasted my money on a room with a view, But that will be a lesson learned for the next cruise.

Thank you all for your input. I appreciate it!!
We have been in verandah rooms and inside rooms. We had an inside room on our 11 night cruise to the Med: it worked fine. We did not see the room until day 7: our first two sea days we spent on the ship, the port days we spent in port. We have had porthole rooms, which were fine. Verandah rooms are great, especially if you need to stay in your room, like for a sleeping child. Inside vs outside vs verandah really depends on whether the cruiser will use the verandah or not. It sounds like you will, so I think you are making a great choice! Have fun!
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

As someone who tends to be claustrophobic and who gets motion sickness, I would never consider an inside room. The verandah just makes it feel not so closed in, and I never got seasick We also enjoyed standing on the verandah watching the dolphins as we sailed away, and we sat outside at night after putting the kids in bed. My personal opinion is that the cruise is too expensive to walk away wishing you'd done something differently. I think you won't regret your choice.
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #18
MondaysChild
Mouseketeer

Thanks again. I can't tell you how excited I am for this cruise and it is over a year away!! I am pretty sure the room won't disappoint! I don't think We would have a bad cruise with any room, but this is one less thing to worry and decide about as we wait out the year!
MondaysChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #19
Keurigirl
let's all sing like the birdies sing

We've done both and prefer inside. It's a waste for us as we are really only in the room to sleep and change and when sleeping I'd rather have it dark.
Disney Cruises: W. Caribbean 3/12, Alaska 8/12, W. Caribbean 4/13, Alaska 8/13, Transatlantic 5/14, Alaska 8/14 next trip: Alaska 8/15
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #20
JackieO
Mouseketeer

For us the ocean view room was perfect. We might be a little different but we did spend some time in our room. We would "go home" when we needed a little down time. My parents had a verandah room a few floors up that was JUST the same as our but with the verandah. I don't think I would personally go for the extra cost of the verandah. We did enjoy looking out and having sunlight from the porthole but I wouldn't say it was necessary.
JackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #21
MondaysChild
Mouseketeer

We will also take breaks in the room throughout the day. I like your feeling of going home! That is exactly why I was compelled to upgrade. The feeling of chilling in the room resting, reading, hanging out and watching the sea stroll by just seems great! I think we will love the activities on the boat, but also love the together time with my family, just relaxing on our own.

We booked the navigators verandah, but booked on of the partial view rooms that actually has a full verandah...so in a small way I feel like I *saved* money. Yes, disney loves customers like me!!
MondaysChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #22
mamabug70
Amy L

When you see Castaway Cay for the first time you will be glad you upgraded. We had a large porthole and when I looked outside I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. We are going on a 3 night on the Dream in Nov with stops at Nassau and Castaway and I am definitely booking a room with a verandah!

1998 POFQ
1998 Boardwalk
1999-2007 yearly off property
2006 POP
2008 AKL-Jambo
2009 off property
2010 POR
2011 AKL-Kidani
2012 POFQ
2012 AOA Lion King Suite
mamabug70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #23
HollandmillerFamily
Mouseketeer

We've had an oceanview (9B), a verandah (7A), and a one bedroom (T). We found that the nicer the room, the more time we spent there. Not that that was our plan but it makes sense. Obviously. . My point is that you'll probably be happy wherever you are and won't know the difference.
If doing the upgrade makes you happy, you made the right decision!
HollandmillerFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #24
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

I agree with your decision. Do what makes you happy. My first cruise I had an inside room and it was not a huge issue since we were barely in the room but it was REALLY tight for the 4 of us. However, the next cruise I got a deluxe oceanview (9b) and LOVED it. I could never go back. The way the room is situated gives you sooo much more room even though it is not a huge difference in square footage and I did love the window. My mom got the verrandah and thought it was the best part of her trip, but I wasn't sold on it. I preffered my room better so at the end of the day it is all on what you prefer.

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondaysChild View Post
We will also take breaks in the room throughout the day. I like your feeling of going home! That is exactly why I was compelled to upgrade. The feeling of chilling in the room resting, reading, hanging out and watching the sea stroll by just seems great! I think we will love the activities on the boat, but also love the together time with my family, just relaxing on our own.

We booked the navigators verandah, but booked on of the partial view rooms that actually has a full verandah...so in a small way I feel like I *saved* money. Yes, disney loves customers like me!!
On our first cruise we had an oceanview. Although it was ok, once we had a verandah, we would never go back. It gives you that much more space, which is needed in our large family. We also love ordering the free room service breakfasts and enjoying them on the balcony in the morning. It is also great when you depart and are beside another ship. It is a lot of fun to yell and wave as the ship departs!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: