|02-03-2013, 03:40 PM||#14|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Our last trip was at CBR, and we have reservations for POFQ for April.
Here are a few things to consider:
- CBR IS much larger. However, I didn't find the walk to be that bad from our room in Barbados 13 to Old Port Royale (the food court pool area). We did it at least once a day.
- CBR has a zero entry pool AND a kid splash area. We didn't use either while we were there, because our son was only 3 months old, but they did look nice. We did use the quiet pool in Barbados which was almost immediately outside our door, and we were the only ones using it at the time.
- POFQ has queen beds instead of doubles. I'm happy that we stayed at CBR before we actually needed a second bed, because we went with a king size, and didn't have to deal with the doubles.
- CBR doesn't have elevators. There are only 2 floors, and you can request a ground floor room (we got our request) but it's entirely possible that you could end up in the position of carrying one or both of your children up the stairs should they fall asleep on the ride back, in addition to anything else you may have with you.
- POFQ only has one bus stop. Yeah, sometimes they share with POR, but POFQ will be the first to get dropped off and picked up. This reduces the chances of standing slightly.
We really loved CBR, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, but we like to try new places. It's also good to know some of the drawbacks going in, so you can adjust your expectations accordingly.
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3)
POFQ Apr 13-20 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|