Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #1006
tryin
Mouseketeer

I am not labeling our gifts. I am a procrastinator, so we will be dropping off our gifts mid-cruise. That way, there will be more days to look forward to finding gifts.

I bought a camera yesterday, somewhatof an impulse buy. A nikon coolpix, but i will be returning it today. It doesn't receive that great of reviews. I also bought my magnet paper so i will be printing that off. So much to do today and i have to go to a superbowl party. I would love to cancel going, but dont want any hurt feelings.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #1007
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_widow
To All - I know it's personal choice, but wondering if I should label the FE gifts to say who their from. What are others doing? I am tempted to do one drop-off but it might be more fun for the kids to get things spread out over several days, but some individual items just aren't suitable for labeling. I'm probably over-thinking and over-stressing, but would love to hear some opinions.
We're dropping off the "family" gift the first night and the kids' gifts sometime later. I've labeled all of ours so they say from:the Petty family and have my dis name.

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #1008
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

For those of you looking for flip flops and such, Payless has a bunch of them! Super cute. Got me some sparkly new ones yesterday. :-)

-gina-

Sent from my Galaxy S Blaze using DISBoards mobile

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #1009
CalgaryFam
Earning My Ears

Wow, you guys are hard core. Im learning so much reading all of your posts. Im not part of the FEE but I will try and meet for one to the greets. I do have some questions being a first timer:
What is the Spa Raffle?
When we are at Castaway Cay, how do you keep your stuff safe when we are feeding and swimming with the stingrays?
Are there blow dryers in the room or should I bring my own?
What do you do with younger kids (DD5 and 7) when you are at the adult activities at night?

Im sure I will have more questions, Im starting to stress a little with all this information.

Thanks
Kim
CalgaryFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #1010
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
For those of you looking for flip flops and such, Payless has a bunch of them! Super cute. Got me some sparkly new ones yesterday. :-)

-gina-

Sent from my Galaxy S Blaze using DISBoards mobile
Yay!!! Thank you!! There's not a Payless near us so I never go there but if I know they have them, it's worth a trip.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #1011
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFam
Wow, you guys are hard core. Im learning so much reading all of your posts. Im not part of the FEE but I will try and meet for one to the greets. I do have some questions being a first timer:
What is the Spa Raffle?
When we are at Castaway Cay, how do you keep your stuff safe when we are feeding and swimming with the stingrays?
What do you do with younger kids (DD5 and 7) when you are at the adult activities at night?

Im sure I will have more questions, Im starting to stress a little with all this information.

Thanks
Kim
LOL! Just wait...one cruise and you'll understand the madness.

I can answer a few of your questions:

Spa raffle - I've never actually made it but I believe they raffle spa treatments. The Vista spa is amazing! It's where I spend 90% of my kid-free time on board!

Castaway Cay - never fed the stingrays but we only bring our KTTWC (key) off the ship along with sunscreen, beach toys, etc. nothing valuable. We'll have my husband's iPhone this year since he got a waterproof case (rather than buying a waterproof disposable like we used to do) but it should be safe enough in our beach bag. Maybe that's naive/trusting of us but we've never had an issue leaving our stuff at the chairs while we swim.

Unless they've changed hair dryers, they have tiny travel ones that get so hot you can't hold them so I always bring my own. Much more efficient and safe!

Our kids are 6 and 3 so we won't be doing the adult activities. The kids' clubs are open until midnight and they have mats and a quiet area for little ones who fall asleep. A lot of kids go in their pjs at night so they can crash and their parents just put them straight to bed. Our kids go to bed really early (7:30) so just going to the late show is pushing it for them. We figure there will be plenty of time for late night grown up fun when they're older. Lots of kids stay though and they've got tons of stuff for them to do in the clubs until closing time.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #1012
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFam View Post
What is the Spa Raffle?

Thanks
Kim
Bring your own hair dryer. They provide one but it is worthless. Your hair would dry faster out on your veranda.

To answer someone else's question about kids at the spa raffle both cruises we brought our kids in for the raffle and they didn't say anything. I think that must be the only time they let kids in.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #1013
MKCQuilt
Earning My Ears

DD "dress" shoes

From an experienced grandmother = Buy cheap tennies (KMart, WalMart) and jazz them up by covering them with glue and glitter. Fancy metallic laces added complete the glitz! Iron-on gems work wonders on fabric tennies too. If you really get carried away - you can buy iron-on Disney patches at fabric and craft stores for on the toes.
MKCQuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #1014
the great cornholeo
Hooked!

Old navy has some flip flops out too. I cant believe we only have one weekend left. So much to do but I'm soooooooo excited

DM DH: : DS 10

Disney Magic 10/3/09
Disney Dream B2B 10/2/11 & 10/6/11
Disney Magic 2/15/13
the great cornholeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #1015
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Anyone planning on doing the Castaway Cay 5K? I didn't do it last cruise and really regretted it. Am doing it this time for sure.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #1016
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great cornholeo
Old navy has some flip flops out too. I cant believe we only have one weekend left. So much to do but I'm soooooooo excited
Went to Old Navy yesterday too. Pleasantly surprised flip flops were 2 for $5.

I've also noticed Gymboree and Children's place have summer stuff out.

I'm feeling stressed. FE not done, FE gifts not in gift bags (bags not even bought), no one is packed, etc. I should be doing something instead of sitting here catching Cars for the 10 millionth time with the boys. Lol.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #1017
CalgaryFam
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for all the answers. Looking forward to meeting you all.
CalgaryFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #1018
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great cornholeo
Gah! One weekend!?!? Hadn't thought of that!!! Panic mode just officially set in!!!

Old 02-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #1019
tryin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCQuilt View Post
From an experienced grandmother = Buy cheap tennies (KMart, WalMart) and jazz them up by covering them with glue and glitter. Fancy metallic laces added complete the glitz! Iron-on gems work wonders on fabric tennies too. If you really get carried away - you can buy iron-on Disney patches at fabric and craft stores for on the toes.
great ideas!
my son's passport nor birth certificate has come. i cant remember if i have a second copy of his bc. i will check around for one. we are in trouble if neither comes in time. trying not to panic.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #1020
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin

great ideas!
my son's passport nor birth certificate has come. i cant remember if i have a second copy of his bc. i will check around for one. we are in trouble if neither comes in time. trying not to panic.
You can usually go to the county office for a birth certificate. It's crazy expensive to get one printed but its better than missing the cruise!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: