Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #16
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Well if they are going to cut out select benefits so that the UK and international market lose out, I'll just start looking at different holidays. We love Disney to bits but we all have a cut off point somewhere along the line. I'm sure they are still ironing out creases in the new system and it will roll out to everyone soon. If not, well, that may well be a sign of the end of a lovely chapter of Disney trips for us for a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
I agree I could not imagine not going to Disney but if it carries on like this we will have to look at other holidays until they realise and revert back!( if they even do)

I was looking at prices for this yr and the same holiday we had staying at SSR with 1 less adult is going to cost me £3000 more this is not including any flights! Or even the DDP just the room very sad.
You know I was just thinking the very same thing. After many years, many trips and many many £££ spent it's getting to the stage where I'm beginning to feel like the Disney corporation doesn't really care whether I go or not They seem to have made it very clear that us folks from the UK are just not the special anymore
Old 02-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #17
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
I agree I could not imagine not going to Disney but if it carries on like this we will have to look at other holidays until they realise and revert back!( if they even do)

I was looking at prices for this yr and the same holiday we had staying at SSR with 1 less adult is going to cost me £3000 more this is not including any flights! Or even the DDP just the room very sad.
I hear you! I'm pricing up for next year albeit based on this year's prices right now as 2014 is not released yet. It is still doable but I'm not willing to forgo the benefits of FP and ADRs if being in the UK has me prejudiced in any way by default of my location! I am sure they will sort it out and they are still working through it, but I'm keeping an eye on it anyway.

This year's trip, if I go, will be a solo trip and I'm not worried about FP or ADRs so it doesn't matter. However it is £350 cheaper for me to book it on the US site than on the UK one comparing apples with apples - and that's just for a week, off season!
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #18
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon View Post
You know I was just thinking the very same thing. After many years, many trips and many many £££ spent it's getting to the stage where I'm beginning to feel like the Disney corporation doesn't really care whether I go or not They seem to have made it very clear that us folks from the UK are just not the special anymore
I think we posted at the same time so I've just seen this

I do accept that Disney is a business. Businesses don't care about individuals beyond attracting and maintaining loyalty if, and ONLY IF, it means money for the coffers. Now that is nothing personal against anyone and it is how businesses do operate. But we have a choice in the matter. I have no regrets about the time and money I've spent on our Disney trips. Like most others on here, I've made some enormous sacrifices. Was it worth it? YES! If I could turn back the clock and do things differently, would I? Nope - I have NO regrets.

To be frank, it's not really about the money - it's about the experience. But if we are going to lose out for being international guests, there is no way I'm going with it.

I find it hard to believe that they would do this long term and still maintain it's simply a glitch or teething problem in the rollout of the system. But knowledge is power and whatever I decide, I want to understand the system so I can make a decision I'm happy with
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I think we posted at the same time so I've just seen this

I do accept that Disney is a business. Businesses don't care about individuals beyond attracting and maintaining loyalty if, and ONLY IF, it means money for the coffers. Now that is nothing personal against anyone and it is how businesses do operate. But we have a choice in the matter. I have no regrets about the time and money I've spent on our Disney trips. Like most others on here, I've made some enormous sacrifices. Was it worth it? YES! If I could turn back the clock and do things differently, would I? Nope - I have NO regrets.

To be frank, it's not really about the money - it's about the experience. But if we are going to lose out for being international guests, there is no way I'm going with it.

I find it hard to believe that they would do this long term and still maintain it's simply a glitch or teething problem in the rollout of the system. But knowledge is power and whatever I decide, I want to understand the system so I can make a decision I'm happy with
I totally understand and agree however after being fettered by Disney for the last 6- 8 years I don't like the feeling that we're being "let loose" and we are no longer "special"
Old 02-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #20
irenep
DIS Veteran

It is really frustrating not being able to access the US site for resort prices but for anyone wanting to get onto My Disney experience from the uk - go to the disney uk site and in the search box type in 'my disney experience'
the result will send you to the right page.
At least it works for me - hope it works for everyone else
Old 02-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #21
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenep View Post
It is really frustrating not being able to access the US site for resort prices but for anyone wanting to get onto My Disney experience from the uk - go to the disney uk site and in the search box type in 'my disney experience'
the result will send you to the right page.
At least it works for me - hope it works for everyone else
That only lets you see your reservations though doesn't it?? When it first launched I go do everything, like the itinerary and stuff but not anymore

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #22
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Just a thought, but have you tried booking with a USA travel agent? They will get you the same price Disney would quote you and the TA won't charge you a fee.

Now you would have to find a TA works with international clients. I know mine does. She has clients from all over the world. She would email you all of your reservation numbers etc, then mail you, your documents when they come in.

If booking a room only, then you would only need the email confirmation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: