Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #1816
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Can anyone help me with a coffee question?

Staying at the Swan in a few weeks and wanted to know what type of coffee makers do they have in the room? Anyone brought filters and coffee from home and did it work in their makers? I always drink more than they leave in the room.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #1817
Dan Murphy
We are family.

The coffee makers are single cup coffee brewers, with Starbucks, regular and decaf. Photos here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationP...o_Florida.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=swan...w=1536&bih=789

You can ask for as many filters as you want from housekeeping. You can catch them in the hallway or write a note with what you want and put it by the coffee maker.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #1818
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Thanks, Dan!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #1819
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy
The coffee makers are single cup coffee brewers, with Starbucks, regular and decaf. Photos here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationP...o_Florida.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=swan...w=1536&bih=789

You can ask for as many filters as you want from housekeeping. You can catch them in the hallway or write a note with what you want and put it by the coffee maker.
Or call guest services and they will send them up for you. Very accommodating staff!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 02-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #1820
hoglund
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltman
Reading another thread about poor bus service from the epcot resorts. Just how bad is the bus from Swan to MK? We will be doing MK for 2 of our 5 days. Another thread on bus service indicates the bus starts at the swan and then stops at every Epcot resort before finally getting to MK 45+ mins later. Is it that bad?
I'm at the Swan now. Our experience with the bus has been good except for once. For the most part we've waited a max of 15-20 minutes. There was one day where we waited for 35-40 minutes and then the bus bypassed the Dolphin stop.

Once we were on the bus, it takes about 20 minutes to get to MK.

This is the first time that we used Disney transportation and we've been pleasantly surprised with the convenience.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #1821
pixie2416
Mouseketeer

Best way to book?

We are planning a trip for 6 nights for the second week of August. We currently have reservations with a pin code for 2 rooms at POFQ (family of 6 w/ 3 grown kids), but I really prefer the Epcot Resorts location. BC & BWI are out of our price range, but I'd definitely spend a few extra bucks for Swan/Dolphin for the location.

Any advice on who to book with and when to get the best price?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #1822
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie2416
We are planning a trip for 6 nights for the second week of August. We currently have reservations with a pin code for 2 rooms at POFQ (family of 6 w/ 3 grown kids), but I really prefer the Epcot Resorts location. BC & BWI are out of our price range, but I'd definitely spend a few extra bucks for Swan/Dolphin for the location.

Any advice on who to book with and when to get the best price?
I'm sure someone else may have better advice, but I would call main reservations at 888-828-8850 and book direct thru them! Don't believe there is a best time, but book a room and call / check online, every week or two and see it they have dropped. If so, they will chance it for you.

They also offer military, teacher, nurse or AAA discounts and no forfeit amount if you cancel more than a week out, or forfeit 1night if less than a week from reservation..

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards

Last edited by mikegood2; 02-05-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #1823
vicb
DIS Veteran

Stayed at Dolphin for the first time April 2012, didn't think there would be another WDW trip for several years but just decided to try for a March or May 2014 trip to celebrate DD college graduation!

We would love to stay at Dolphin again... but have a question. Have read just a little about the new Fastpass+ and wondering if that perk will be extended to S/D guests?

I did look back several pages and didn't see anything so maybe I've missed all the discussion already, if so sorry. Appreciate any info folks have or rumors heard regarding S/D having that perk.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #1824
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb
Stayed at Dolphin for the first time April 2012, didn't think there would be another WDW trip for several years but just decided to try for a March or May 2014 trip to celebrate DD college graduation!

We would love to stay at Dolphin again... but have a question. Have read just a little about the new Fastpass+ and wondering if that perk will be extended to S/D guests?

I did look back several pages and didn't see anything so maybe I've missed all the discussion already, if so sorry. Appreciate any info folks have or rumors heard regarding S/D having that perk.

No one knows what is up with FP+ until its in full effect, but it looks like the SD will take part in at least some if not most of the perks. It appears that the # of FPs a day and 60 day booking is likely tied into the tickets not the resort. A year from now who knows it could be a base ticket is 3 per day, 4 for a value, 5 moderate, 6 deluxe? I think disney probably doesn't even know how it will work over time.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #1825
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Why does the swan and dolphin get below average trip advisor reviews? Is it true that the rooms are in desperate need of refurbishment, customer service is sub-par, and cleanliness is lacking? I realize it's not a $450 per night disney deluxe or the ritz/waldorf but is it really outclassed by a standard Hilton etc.? I'm staying there on Starwood points in April, but if it was not free the reviews alone would keep me away.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #1826
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
Why does the swan and dolphin get below average trip advisor reviews? Is it true that the rooms are in desperate need of refurbishment, customer service is sub-par, and cleanliness is lacking? I realize it's not a $450 per night disney deluxe or the ritz/waldorf but is it really outclassed by a standard Hilton etc.? I'm staying there on Starwood points in April, but if it was not free the reviews alone would keep me away.
I have not stayed at the Swan or Dolphin so I can't answer your questions directly. However, I have learned to never trust Trip Advisor for anything WDW related. If I did, I would have never stayed anywhere on site. I don't know what it is, but you can find some really horrific reviews of every WDW resort there. I don't know why it's like that, but it is. I know that every hotel/resort can and does deserve a bad review from time to time. But on Trip Advisor it just seems disproportionate when it comes to WDW resorts.

I have never been steered in the wrong direction here on the DIS, so I'm glad you asked here. Even when people have had a negative experience at a specific resort, most reviews seem genuine, honest and not inflamatory.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #1827
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2
I tend to find many trip advisor reviews to be someone with a gripe. We have stayed at the Dolphin six times, the most recent being a month ago. It is not in desperate need of refurbishments, service is excellent, and our rooms have always been clean. The location can't be beat and it feels like a deluxe resort at a reasonable price. We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 02-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #1828
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2
Hard to say why, when I read reviews there 2 years ago I was nervous about the SD but like most review sites I throw out the most positive and negative reviews and go from there. That said, I have nothing but good things to say about the SD they have done a lot of renovations the last few years and I believe they do so constantly! Our room was newly renovated and very clean. We also had no problems CMs.

If you skim thru this thread the positives will greatly out way the negatives.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #1829
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

I have not stayed at the Swan or Dolphin so I can't answer your questions directly. However, I have learned to never trust Trip Advisor for anything WDW related. If I did, I would have never stayed anywhere on site. I don't know what it is, but you can find some really horrific reviews of every WDW resort there. I don't know why it's like that, but it is. I know that every hotel/resort can and does deserve a bad review from time to time. But on Trip Advisor it just seems disproportionate when it comes to WDW resorts.

I have never been steered in the wrong direction here on the DIS, so I'm glad you asked here. Even when people have had a negative experience at a specific resort, most reviews seem genuine, honest and not inflamatory.
Well that's the thing- the disney resorts get their share of people with an axe to grind on trip advisor but the swan and dolphin get something like twice as many negative comments and reviews. I really think they have some issues beyond most hotels in the area. Hilton bonnet creek, boardwalk inn, and even most DTD hotels get superior reviews. I'm afraid they simply don't need to try too hard to fill rooms because of their perfect cost/location/architecture combination so they don't compete on quality of rooms, service etc.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #1830
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

I have stayed at Dolphin many times; Swan several times. My rooms have ranged from "fine" to "OMG this is A-MA-ZING"!!! I have never had a sub-par room.

The staff has always been above. Some of the most magical, wonderful CMs I have ever had on Disney property have been at Swan & Dolphin.

In 2012, I traveled extensively for work. I don't even check Trip Advisor anymore. I figure if I get to a property and am not satisfied, I will deal with it then and there. My attitude and philosophy has worked, so far!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: