Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #91
pillow
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how long this temporary policy suspension lasts?

The travel agent transfer form has disappeared from the website. Just called Costco, and they have to get the form from Disney and email it to me.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #92
pillow
DIS Veteran

I'm answering my own question . . . I just spoke with DCL. There is NO TEMPORARY SUSPENSION of this policy. I also confirmed that previous reservations are not grandfathered (as previous posters have said). While I understand why this is the new policy, I feel that the way they are handling previously booked reservations is not very customer friendly. The rep encouraged me to email a complaint (which I had already done). Guess I'll kiss my $500 Costco cash card good-bye . . .

Jodie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #93
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

As i posted yesterday, I was able to transfer a 2 year old reservation over to DVC and still get the OBB discount. Wonder if it is because it's Disney to Disney????

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #94
chateau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
I'm answering my own question . . . I just spoke with DCL. There is NO TEMPORARY SUSPENSION of this policy. I also confirmed that previous reservations are not grandfathered (as previous posters have said). While I understand why this is the new policy, I feel that the way they are handling previously booked reservations is not very customer friendly. The rep encouraged me to email a complaint (which I had already done). Guess I'll kiss my $500 Costco cash card good-bye . . .

Jodie
Dang girl, so sorry. I guess it's because I got that form through just prior but hadn't called the TA officially... it was already considered transferred as far as Disney was concerned. And we were doing so well with it all!!

If I had seen your post earlier, I would've just emailed it to you, but suppose it's better you called and got the answer you did for where you were in the process. I see why my answer was different, too. Without the whole picture, it couldn't be pieced together.
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #95
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
As i posted yesterday, I was able to transfer a 2 year old reservation over to DVC and still get the OBB discount. Wonder if it is because it's Disney to Disney????

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Who knows??? I sent in the transfer forms anyway. Guess we'll see what happens.

J
Old 02-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #96
chateau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Who knows??? I sent in the transfer forms anyway. Guess we'll see what happens.

J
Good luck.... we are SO CLOSE it situations, hope you make it too!!
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #97
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
Dang girl, so sorry. I guess it's because I got that form through just prior but hadn't called the TA officially... it was already considered transferred as far as Disney was concerned. And we were doing so well with it all!!

If I had seen your post earlier, I would've just emailed it to you, but suppose it's better you called and got the answer you did for where you were in the process. I see why my answer was different, too. Without the whole picture, it couldn't be pieced together.
Yeah - just a timing thing. But who knows, maybe the right hand isn't talking to the left and they will let my transfer go through. I REALLY hate to lose that $500 cash card I was banking on. I'm crossing my fingers.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #98
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah - just a timing thing. But who knows, maybe the right hand isn't talking to the left and they will let my transfer go through. I REALLY hate to lose that $500 cash card I was banking on. I'm crossing my fingers.
I hope it works for you too and I'll be calling Costco tomorrow morning to see if I can move mine. If not ~ it is what it is ~ but that Costco card would be really nice. I was also pleased with the insurance Costco offered as well.

Oh yeah - very important question - I'm assuming there are no issues keeping your current cabin? We have ours specifically picked out and would not be willing to give it up.

Keep us posted!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #99
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
I hope it works for you too and I'll be calling Costco tomorrow morning to see if I can move mine. If not ~ it is what it is ~ but that Costco card would be really nice. I was also pleased with the insurance Costco offered as well.

Oh yeah - very important question - I'm assuming there are no issues keeping your current cabin? We have ours specifically picked out and would not be willing to give it up.

Keep us posted!

Heather
How much does costco offer for transferred cruises?
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #100
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
How much does costco offer for transferred cruises?
Hi - it's not that they offer something for transferring but it's a booking incentive. I realize this might be exactly what you are saying but just wanted to clarify. Someone else had posted it was around 8% of the cost of the cruise. The best is to look on the Costco site and see the exact amount for the category you are interested in.

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #101
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Hi - it's not that they offer something for transferring but it's a booking incentive. I realize this might be exactly what you are saying but just wanted to clarify. Someone else had posted it was around 8% of the cost of the cruise. The best is to look on the Costco site and see the exact amount for the category you are interested in.

Heather
That sounds right - seems to run between 8-10%ish. When I called Costco today about the transfer, they said the cash card would be between $475-$500 for a $5,300 fare (fare before taxes). They won't calculate the exact amount until the res actually gets transferred. You can use the website to get a ballpark figure too. If you book directly with Costco (no transfer), they will quote you an exact cash card amount when you inquire.

While on the phone with them, I did clarify their change fee policy. No fee to cancel a res; however, if you downgrade your room to where your total price is lower, then they charge a $25 change fee. No fee if you upgrade. Good to know.

Jodie
Old 02-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #102
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:

While on the phone with them, I did clarify their change fee policy. No fee to cancel a res; however, if you downgrade your room to where your total price is lower, then they charge a $25 change fee. No fee if you upgrade. Good to know.

Jodie
Yep, my information too.

Some have reported issues....Disney not having the proper info for Costco Travel? It's been suggested to bring their address. I'm also bringing their phone number and my Costco card, just in case.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #103
goeva
DIS Veteran

I booked mine while on board this past December.
I was planning to transfer my ressi to Costco this month.
That's just great.
Oh, well. At least now I know about the new policy.
Thanks for posting this.

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #104
pillow
DIS Veteran

Transfer worked!

So, I sent 3 transfer request forms to DCL yesterday - figured I'd try it anyway, even though 2 of the cruises were booked ages ago (only 1 was booked within 30 days). All 3 were transferred. Not sure whats going on. Maybe CSR's are looking the other way??? Not sure, but I sure am glad I'm getting my Costco cash card!!

Jodie
Old 02-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #105
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

Quote:
So, I sent 3 transfer request forms to DCL yesterday - figured I'd try it anyway, even though 2 of the cruises were booked ages ago (only 1 was booked within 30 days). All 3 were transferred. Not sure whats going on. Maybe CSR's are looking the other way??? Not sure, but I sure am glad I'm getting my Costco cash card!!

Jodie
I had my TA call DCL and DCL told her that all transfer requests needed to be submitted before 5PM EST yesterday. If submitted after that they will be rejected.

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: