Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #496
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
18 more days, I cant believe it's almost here!
Congrats!

I know you are going to have a wonderful time!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 02-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #497
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

I just realized that I got back a week ago and did not share my experiences.

First of all we loved our resort. We had a DVC 1 bedroom suite standard view. When we got up to our room, we had a view of the savannahh. We had zebra's and other animals in the afternoon and every morning we had 4-6 giraffe's. It was really cool, but the walk to our room was a killer. We were really far down the zebra trail and carrying a sleeping 34 lb 4.5 year old was hard.

We loved our room, except the lighting in the bedroom was really dark.

Transportation was pretty good. Sometimes we had to wait awhile on a bus and other times they came right away. The bus ride to MK felt really long one particular morning we were going for rope drop. It was packed and we were stuck standing. Other then that, it was not too bad.

We loved the pool area, yes we swam a couple of times, and we really enjoyed eating at The Mara and at Boma. Over all it was a great resort and will probably stay there again sometime.

We are thinking of taking a quick trip in October for Halloween party, but may stay off site because of the price difference for a one bedroom.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #498
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946 View Post

First of all we loved our resort. We had a DVC 1 bedroom suite standard view. When we got up to our room, we had a view of the savannahh. We had zebra's and other animals in the afternoon and every morning we had 4-6 giraffe's. It was really cool, but the walk to our room was a killer. We were really far down the zebra trail and carrying a sleeping 34 lb 4.5 year old was hard.

Transportation was pretty good. Sometimes we had to wait awhile on a bus and other times they came right away. The bus ride to MK felt really long one particular morning we were going for rope drop. It was packed and we were stuck standing. Other then that, it was not too bad.

We loved the pool area, yes we swam a couple of times, and we really enjoyed eating at The Mara and at Boma. Over all it was a great resort and will probably stay there again sometime.

We are thinking of taking a quick trip in October for Halloween party, but may stay off site because of the price difference for a one bedroom.
....well, thanks for sharing your experience! I know what you mean about the long walk....during one stay,, we are in the 2nd to last room in Zudu Trail. Hoo boy, after a long day the the parks, walking down a long corridor to your room is the last thing you want to do!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #499
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by country-mom-of-4 View Post
Hi all! Just found this thread and am pretty excited! We will be staying at Kidani Deluxe Studio Savannah View September 21-28 for my daughter's 8th birthday - surprise trip And our first stay as DVC owners. I'm looking at the points chart and am wondering if it's worth the 27 additional points to upgrade to CL? And also - if they end up offering free dining how do we add that to our trip? Thank for any/all help!!
I'm not a DVC member so I could be wrong, but I don't think you can get free dining if you're staying on points.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #500
MickQuinn
Mouseketeer

We are going to be at AKV - Jambo in a studio from April 11 -18th. Taking DS (10) and DH's 89 year old grandfather (who loves Disney). Very excited to be staying here. Only stayed for 2 nights previously with relatives. I'm sure there are a lot of things we did not even know were there.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #501
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickQuinn View Post
We are going to be at AKV - Jambo in a studio from April 11 -18th. Taking DS (10) and DH's 89 year old grandfather (who loves Disney). Very excited to be staying here. Only stayed for 2 nights previously with relatives. I'm sure there are a lot of things we did not even know were there.
Congratulations and I have added you to the LIST!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #502
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I'm not a DVC member so I could be wrong, but I don't think you can get free dining if you're staying on points.
Free dinning is only when you buy (CASH) for a Disney Resort room.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 02-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #503
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a deluxe studio with a savannah view and a regular studio? Obviously I know the view will be different but is that the only difference? I'm just not sure what makes it 'deluxe'. Thanks!

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #504
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Could we be added to the list please? October 24-28 at AKL. Thanks! Heather

Old 02-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #505
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a deluxe studio with a savannah view and a regular studio? Obviously I know the view will be different but is that the only difference? I'm just not sure what makes it 'deluxe'. Thanks!
A couple years ago they started calling all DVC studios "deluxe". They are just the same as aregular studio, it just sounds better.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #506
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmacats View Post
my credit card company should send you all a gift basket.

i was going to skip sunrise safari because i am soooo not a morning person, but after reading on here and other threads about how great it is, i signed up. the only day available during my trip was on my 40th birthday. no one in my family can believe i'm going to get up at 6 a.m. on my birthday - i work afternoons and evenings and usually go to bed around 3 a.m. and get up at 11 or so, even on vacation, so it took some convincing. the boards are very persuasive!
Happy 40th birthday in advance!! We did my 40th last year at the World.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #507
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946 View Post

Congrats on the view upgrade, thanks for posting. Did you try the burgers at the Mara? Any good?
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #508
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
A couple years ago they started calling all DVC studios "deluxe". They are just the same as aregular studio, it just sounds better.
That's what I thought. Thanks! I have a sort of weird question. How is the toilet paper in Kidani Village? I've only stayed at moderate and value resorts before and the paper there was really rough Has anyone stayed at a moderate or value and AKL and can compare for me? I might just tack some toilet paper onto my garden grocer order and use that. Also does Kidani have a grab and go station to grab drinks or pre-packaged foods at all? I know there is no counter service location but I'm wondering if we will have to go all the way to Jambo to grab an orange juice in the morning.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports

Last edited by archdandy; 02-03-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #509
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Could we be added to the list please? October 24-28 at AKL. Thanks! Heather
you have been added! Congrats on your trip

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 02-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #510
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
That's what I thought. Thanks! I have a sort of weird question. How is the toilet paper in Kidani Village? I've only stayed at moderate and value resorts before and the paper there was really rough Has anyone stayed at a moderate or value and AKL and can compare for me? I might just tack some toilet paper onto my garden grocer order and use that. Also does Kidani have a grab and go station to grab drinks or pre-packaged foods at all? I know there is no counter service location but I'm wondering if we will have to go all the way to Jambo to grab an orange juice in the morning.
Toilet Paper: We stayed at Pop in November (first time value), and I would say the TP was very thin and a little rough. We have no complaints with the TP at Kidani (very soft).

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: