Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
penchris
Mouseketeer

Disney gift card and onboard credit ??

One of the ways I have been saving up for my trip is by buying a Disney gift card each payday, and also asking relatives for them as gifts. Now I am just a few weeks out from my land/sea at WDW & Dream vacation and I am wondering how to best use all these $25 & $50 cards I have ($1500.00 in total...lol).

Specific questions:

1) Can I call Disney Cruise Line and ask for the cards to be applied as onboard credit before I go?
2) Can the cards be applied towards the cruise staff tips?
3) Can the cards be used for services at the Senses Spa?
4) Can the cards be put on my account at the WDW resort in excess of my room bill and then drawn from using the room key to charge things at the parks?
5) Is there any where at WDW I can go to consolidate the values of several cards onto one card...or at least a few larger denomination cards?

Bottom line, I am trying to figure out how to maximize the cards, not have to carry and manage several cards at a time, and also to figure out how much cash I will need for the trip for tips and other services the cards won't cover.
penchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
kalikat420
Mouseketeer

I had a number of gift cards on my last cruise. I went to guest services on a day that they weren't busy and they gladly applied them to my on board account. I'm not sure if they will allow you to pay with GCs at Senses.
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

I have used them on the Cruise Ship. I just have them add them to the room account along with my Disney Visa Rewards dollars and then I do not worry about them. On the cruise ship you just use the room key to charge everything so I do not mess with them after they are applied to the room account.

One warning. I did not spend all of the money from room credits and reward dollars and they only returned the reward dollars to the account. The room credits from Disney is not refundable.
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

You can also call before you cruise and have them applied to your ship account. Just remember to keep the cards because any refund will go back on the card it came from.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

I have been paying off our next cruise with these. After reading several other tips I started saving all the cards in a pocket in my travel planning binder and write on them the date I used them and the amount that the card is for. That way if something gets refunded I have all my ducks in kind of a row I hope.
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: