Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Must do for us. Love the food, love the atmosphere, and love the entertainment.
Hope you have a great time!

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #17
Quin
DIS Veteran

Tried it for the first time last year at dinner (2 adults) and we were pleasantly surprised; enough so that DH wants us to try for a walk-up lunch if we can get to the park early enough on our arrival day next year (not making an ADR for that meal because it's just begging fate to give us a whopping big flight delay).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
Geordietyke
Mouseketeer

Hi, we dined at Marrakesh last week for the first time and it ended up being one of my fav meals. I chose the Cous Cous M'Rouzia (sp?) which sounds weird on paper but it was gorgeous - I cleared my plate which was almost unheard of on our 18 night trip Our eldest DD went up to belly dance which she enjoyed. I tried the mint tea which was refreshing, our waiter was attentive and the atmosphere of the restaurant lovely. Would definitely visit again.

No more trips planned but desperately working on hubby for 2015
Geordietyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
Quin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordietyke View Post
I chose the Cous Cous M'Rouzia (sp?) which sounds weird on paper but it was gorgeous - I cleared my plate which was almost unheard of on our 18 night trip
Yes, that's what I had too! If we get to go to Restaurant Marrakesh on our next trip it will be at lunchtime and this particular Couscous is not on the lunch menu, but I am definitely going to ask (beg?) for it.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #20
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by artnerds View Post
I agree. We've always had perfectly nice meals at Marrakesh.

And one time, I got to meet Gary Sinise there. He happened to be sitting at the table next to ours, and I wasn't sure it was him until some kid walked up and asked, "Are you that guy from Mission Space?" and he said, "Yep." Kinda cool.
That's kind of cool.

We have eaten at Marrakesh frequently. Our meals have been very good and they do have good bread. We never had to wait for a table, just a few minutes at the most. We like trying different items on the menu and have found that they are not what most people consider spicy. Some of the meals are prepared in natural juice, flavorings. They have offered hot sauce with our entree. The servers are very nice, food was served quickly. They allowed for substitutions. And we have always enjoyed the seats, very comfortable. The belly dancer and musical group just adds to the nice atmosphere.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #21
kopppa33
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there is normal kid food offered for my picky 4 and 6 year old something like Pizza, grilled cheese, nuggets, mac n cheese?

kopppa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #22
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

My hubby thinks it is just alight but I LOVE it! I love the couscous meals, yum!!!

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #23
MulanMom
DIS Veteran

Since we ate at Marakesh during our first disney trip, we have returned there often. Sometimes because we sought that experience again, and sometimes because it was available as a walk up. I do not like hot, spicy food. But I do enjoy different flavors. That being said, usually myself as well as my kids end up getting the beef shish-ka-bobs with rice. During one trip where we dined at Le Cellier as well, the beef tenderloin (filet mignon) at Marrakesh was actually tastier than what we had at LC.

The dining atmosphere is very unique. Belly dancer comes out at hourly intervals and is accompanied by a small band.

Cannot remember if they had a kids menu or not. My kids are steak lovers. If it wasn't on the kids menu, then I'm sure we probably had them split an entree.

I think it's definitely worth going once to determine if it's a cuisine that will appeal to you.
MulanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #24
Hunnypaw
Encinitas, CA

Thumbs up!

DIS Dad Club Member #623
Me , DW , DD
________
Nikon D200 | Nikkor 80-200 | Sigma 15mm f-eye
Hunnypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #25
momneice
Earning My Ears

restaurant marrakesh

1st visit to this restaurant. I am a little nervous my daughters are picky eaters, but we want to try something new. I figured the belly dancers would be a great distraction for my girls since the food maybe disappointment to them.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #26
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

It is one of our favorite restaurants at Epcot. Fairly easy to get a reservation and oft times can even do a walk up.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #27
bsjmommy
Disney Planner

As others have said, the decor and atmoshpere is nice, but not for families with kids. You are just adults so you may like it!
1986 - Contemporary 1988 - Polynesian 1990 - Caribbean Beach Resort 1991 - Caribbean Beach Resort 1994 - Caribbean Beach Resort 1996 - Vistana 2000 - Best Western DTD 2002 - Grosvenor - DTD 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort Honeymoon 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2008 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2009 (February) Caribbean Beach Resort 2009 (August) Caribbean Beach Resort 2010 - Polynesian Resort 2011 - POFQ
bsjmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #28
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsjmommy View Post
As others have said, the decor and atmoshpere is nice, but not for families with kids. You are just adults so you may like it!
Really? Not for kids? They took our daughter up on stage to show her how to dance. My girls really enjoyed this restaurant.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990

Really? Not for kids? They took our daughter up on stage to show her how to dance. My girls really enjoyed this restaurant.
Might be great for girls but i can tell you that my son wouldn't be caught dead dancing. Lol.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #30
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Might be great for girls but i can tell you that my son wouldn't be caught dead dancing. Lol.
We have been eating there since our kids were young (2 & 5ish) and our son has always loved it. He has always left the dancing to his sister, but he loves the food and atmosphere. It is definitely a great place to take kids. Just wandering through the pavilion to get to the restaurant feels like a fantastic adventure.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: