Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #1681
csummerlin55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1
Ooooh-just thought of a question: I've seen Coke Freestyle machines at some new eateries here in IL. Any rumor as to Disney going this route since Coke is their supplier? So many options.....that would be such a treat!
Agreed! My family loves those machines. It makes eating out that much more fun!
csummerlin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #1682
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
They will not take your mug due to germs, but you can certainly fill your mug with the cup they give you. Generally the free water is in a small cup, not a regular or large like a soft drink would be in.
If you ask for a larger cup they will give it to you. We have never had a problem. Also most of the time they get the water from the soda machine so it is filtered. But it does still have the nasty taste that is Disney water.

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!

Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #1683
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1 View Post
Ooooh-just thought of a question: I've seen Coke Freestyle machines at some new eateries here in IL. Any rumor as to Disney going this route since Coke is their supplier? So many options.....that would be such a treat!
There fun and all but i really could not see them In the resorts,unless they kept the existing despencers along with it. Can you imagine the lines, the kids will think there a video game. I would rather them use that money and set up machines in the park(if there going to have chips in the mugs) so we could refill them there.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #1684
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Sorry if this is old new but could someone please tell me about the new RFID chips in the refill mugs?

If this is true I'm a little worried about what happens when the soda or hot coco runs out...
I can't tell you how many times on are last trip I filled up our cups and then took to sip and found the syrup had run out..
(It was at least twice a day)

If this happens, what do I do? Since I'm only allowed 3-4 refills per day?

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #1685
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Sorry if this is old new but could someone please tell me about the new RFID chips in the refill mugs?

If this is true I'm a little worried about what happens when the soda or hot coco runs out...
I can't tell you how many times on on last trip I filled up our cups and then took to sip and found the the syrup and run out..

If this happens, what do I do? Since I'm only allowed 3-4 refills per day?
There are not chips in the cups yet. They were tested, but have not been implemented. There was no refill limit during testing. The only limitation was the time between refills (I think it was 5 minutes). Cast members could override the machine if there was a problem.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #1686
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Since I'm only allowed 3-4 refills per day

Really now I did not hear there was a number of refills you would be limted to.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #1687
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
Since I'm only allowed 3-4 refills per day

Really now I did not hear there was a number of refills you would be limted to.
The limit was only on the paper cups, not the plastic mugs. With the paper cups I think you were allowed 4 refills for up to an hour.

The mug trial was completed over a year and a half ago but it just won't die on the DISboards.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #1688
Lorilais_mommie

Thanks! I'm happy they have not gone with the RFID chip for the mugs.. What a pain that would be..

There was one time I was in line for coco and it ran out, finally got a CM to replaced it, then within 20min it ran out again!! Talk about people loving their coco!

Also can someone tell me what the lifetime mugs from all-star resorts look like for 1999? I believe we have one, but I want to be sure before I bring it back..

Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #1689
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also can someone tell me what the lifetime mugs from all-star resorts look like for 1999? I believe we have one, but I want to be sure before I bring it back..
The were very chunky with a removable bottom. I think the two we have are a green handle and a purple handle. I can't remember if there was another color. I'm sure if you do a google image search you can find a pic.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #1690
Lorilais_mommie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

The were very chunky with a removable bottom. I think the two we have are a green handle and a purple handle. I can't remember if there was another color. I'm sure if you do a google image search you can find a pic.
I've been googling for 30min.. There are just so many..
But ours does have removable bottom!! And red handle... Happy to know! Thanks

Just checking but am I right an saying they are only good for the resort they were bought in right?
So since i bought all All star music, I can only refill it in all star Music... Correct?

Last edited by Lorilais_mommie; 02-01-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #1691
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
The mug trial was completed over a year and a half ago but it just won't die on the DISboards.
Well said.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #1692
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I'm happy they have not gone with the RFID chip for the mugs.. What a pain that would be..

There was one time I was in line for cocoa and it ran out, finally got a CM to replace it, then within 20 min it ran out again!! Talk about people loving their cocoa!
It's a moot point since they haven't implemented it, but the RFID chip was only tied in to the soda machines, not the cocoa, tea and coffee dispensers.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #1693
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Well said.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #1694
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
Does anyone remember the exact dates (time frame) the mugs were changed out in 2011? I know we were there around March 9th and the new mugs were already out. We'll be there on Feb. 9th and would love a new design. We have already collected 3 sets of 4 of the current one. I guess that means we take too many trips! lol
I'm looking forward to the new design too. From a marketing standpoint, it makes sense for them to exhaust the current design before putting new ones out, so it may not be easy to pinpoint a release date. I hope someone posts a pic on here once they do come out.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #1695
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:

There was one time I was in line for coco and it ran out, finally got a CM to replaced it, then within 20min it ran out again!! Talk about people loving their coco!

In 1999, WDW did not have lifetime mugs. I got mugs before that and they were limited to the length of my stay at the resort I bought it at.

As for RFID, with the new wrist bands, how difficult will it be to put mugs on those wrist bands? Shouldn't be any problem at all. If they can put the dining plan on them, your room key, your park admission, why not your refillable mug as well?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: