Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #46
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484 View Post
Good job on your 12.5-miler. STICK TO YOUR TRAINING PLAN YOUNG LADY!! I don't want to see you wipe yourself out before the half.
You are so right. My bad.

Quote:
Ahhh you're in the TEEENS! How exciting! I'm so jealous.
I remember thinking that about you recently!

Quote:
LOVE the SparkleTech - super cute pattern. Are you planning on taking it out for a test run before the race? I wore SparkleTechs for the half and full and they were awesome! My only problem with them is when I try to put my phone in the pockets...if I put it in the waistband pocket the waistband feels like it's coming down, and if I put it in a side pocket it feels like the skirt is falling down. So you may want to experiment with that if you plan on running with your phone.
I am taking it for the 14 mile run next weekend.

Quote:
It's almost heeeeeeere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
So exciting! I love the new sparkle skirt. And so excited for you and Tink to do the 5K together. You're going to love it!
Thanks! I wish you were there, but we will be certain to do it with you and Legomom in mind.

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #47
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Aw, shucks.

I'll be there in spirit! And if I didn't have a bum knee right now, I'd totally walk it "with" you from home.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #48
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Aw, shucks.

I'll be there in spirit! And if I didn't have a bum knee right now, I'd totally walk it "with" you from home.
Aw, thanks, Kat! I hope you are on the mend, and I'm super excited that your knee wasn't as bad as you thought. But stick to your recovery therapy, lady!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #49
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

2 weeks!

I wake up this morning to a beautiful site on my phone:

Two weeks, baby!

I am really excited about that! It's been chilly here for the last few days, but the warm days apparently have all of the daffodils confused:

I have noticed that it looks like it might be warmer in Florida. That's good in one way, but not so in another. I keep being reminded of my failed 10-miler because it was too hot. I keep telling myself that it will be okay, it will be cooler in the morning. I keep psyching myself out though. Ugh.

For some reason this week, I started looking at flights out of Raleigh and noticed that a round trip flight with Southwest is around $200. Honestly, I can't drive for $200. I just cannot. So, I booked a flight.

Only problem with that? I've never flown.

Never ever ever ever.

I've been reading up on it all. Out of Raleigh seems pretty simple. We've dropped of people to the Southwest check in there, and it's all right there at the door. Southwest and Airtran have their own terminal there, which is really old, but simple.

MCO, on the other hand. . .holy cow! They have their own monorail?!?

At least I don't have a layover there. I picked direct flights because all of the ones with stops look like the layover is in Atlanta. And honestly. . .Atlanta? If I'm freaking out about MCO, what would my reaction be to Atlanta?!?

Notice, I'm not feeling fear of flying. I'm feeling fear of not knowing where to go and what to do at the airports.

Training is going well. This week was a short run week with Magic Mile and I did this:

I'm thinking a 16 minute mile will not be difficult.

I've had running related nightmares that I have to get over.

Oh, and this week, I registered for the race that started the whole thing:

So, now, this is my running lineup for 2013:

Feb 23--Royal Family 5K
Feb 24--Princess Half Marathon
Mar 16--McLeod Sports Medicine 10K
Apr 6--Cooper River Bridge Run
Apr 28--Divas Half Marathon
Oct 20--Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon

DH and I are also ramping up all of our full body training with p90X. I'll be starting it when I get back from Florida.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #50
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Wow you have a lot of running to do! That is seriously amazing, good for you! MCO really isn't too bad. There are signs everywhere to help you go where you need to, but I can understand why you would be nervous about it. 2 weeks to go! So exciting!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #51
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Run, Amanda...run!!!!

Wow, I'm so proud of you for flying. And navigating MCO is super easy. You'll be just fine, don't worry!
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #52
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Wow you have a lot of running to do! That is seriously amazing, good for you! MCO really isn't too bad. There are signs everywhere to help you go where you need to, but I can understand why you would be nervous about it. 2 weeks to go! So exciting!
Thanks! I am very excited. I am trying to decide what I am going to pack again. I'm thinking of packing two suitcases just because I can.

Quote:
Run, Amanda...run!!!!

Wow, I'm so proud of you for flying. And navigating MCO is super easy. You'll be just fine, don't worry!
Aw, Thanks, TK!

Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #53
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Now that I've read your entire thread, I am joining in. My goal is to run a 1/2 marathon before I turn 30, which is only 3 years away

I may have to check about the Myrtle Beach mini-marathon. That would be a nice weekend trip.
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #54
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
Now that I've read your entire thread, I am joining in. My goal is to run a 1/2 marathon before I turn 30, which is only 3 years away

I may have to check about the Myrtle Beach mini-marathon. That would be a nice weekend trip.
Glad to have you! Just so you know, I'm less than 2 years away from 40!

The MB Mini is awesome. Information about it is here and the weather is still pretty nice that weekend!

http://www.runmyrtlebeach.com/Home.htm

Old 02-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #55
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

One week from now. . .

I've talked a lot about how this is to be a trip of firsts.

My first first is the fact that one week from today, I will be flying to Florida. And when I say flying to Florida, remember I mean I have never in my life flown before. One might ask how a woman pushing 40 could have never flown before now, but the simple answer is that I've never had a reason to until now. And frankly, if gas prices weren't skyrocketing at the same time that flight prices were going down, I certainly wouldn't be flying. I'd still be driving.

I booked one night at POP Century on Sunday. I have a 7:10 am Southwest flight out of Raleigh-Durham on Sunday morning. Friday, even though I had been sweating it for a couple of days, my Magical Express mail came in:

Sunday I plan to just take it easy at Pop Century, do a little shopping in Downtown Disney, and take a good nap, because with the flight leaving at the time it is, I don't know what I'm sleeping much the night before. The next morning, I have to move over to Coronado Springs. I'm taking a cab over there, and hope there are some available at POP that morning. Either way, I'm not planning on leaving early from POP or worrying about rope drop (yes, that was me that typed that).

On the trip between CSR and BWV, I'm also going to probably take a taxi, just for convenience. Which reminds me--I need to talk to Nikki about whether or not she wants me to just check in that morning at BWV. . .hmm. . .

In running news, I ran my last long run yesterday--14 miles. I was completely wiped at the end. I did not feel well when I started and then was completely shoved off the road by an idiot who has no concept of the rules of the road (ie--pedestrians have the right-of-way). I taped up my knee. . .

Although not serious, I did have some IT band pain in the run, and decided that this is my only run this week. I'm resting my legs and starting P90x with my husband, but not doing the legs workout. That day, I'm just going to walk.

I did take some pictures on my last run.

My favorite little road to run on, although it's pretty short. It's newly paved, so it's really smooth, but can be pretty hot as well.

The Mill Pond, which was right at the halfway point of the run.

So, the next time you all see me, it will be right before I leave!!!

Old 02-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #56
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

I'm Leavin' on a Jet Plane!

If I'm leaving at 2 am, is it really tomorrow or tonight?!?

Either way, this morning, I woke up to this:

Followed by this:

Apparently, this is good, but having never flown, I don't know.

The only wrench in the plans?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, my Northern friends. That's nothing as far as snow goes. But down here, it can be disaster. We really don't have snow plows stationed outside of the mountains. Roads ice up quickly. I'm glad my husband is driving, and we are going to make sure we take it slow on the way up so I can fly down.

When I see you all again, I'll be home! With a couple of medals!

Old 02-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #57
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

We were shopping in Charlotte yesterday and the weather was crazy!! Hope you made it out safe. What app did you use for your countdown?
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: