Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
suzymouse724
Earning My Ears

Infants at TS resturants

I have just started planning our ADRs for our september trip. It will be me DH, DS(almost 3) and our new baby who will be about 3 months. We typically like TS restaurants for dinner and also want to do some character meals. My question is seating for our infant? We will probably bring his car seat that fits on a stroller. Will TS restaurants allow us to bring in the stroller? Just the car seat? Do you think resort restaurants would be more accommodating, because in general they have more space? Also does anyone know if any restaurants have the type of highchairs that fit the infant car seats? Tia!
suzymouse724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
owl0306
Mouseketeer

I have never had an issue taking my stroller in for our baby to a bunch of restaurants. We just tell them she is an infant and cannot sit in a high chair and never once was denied. BUT if you have a carseat that is even better as it is easier to bring that in.
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Some of the restaurants have bucket type high chairs for a baby to lie in. I did have an easier time bringing the stroller into resort restaurants, some park ts restaurants would not allow it in, and this has been the case for my friends as well.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
ktlm
DIS Veteran

I know many of the park restaurants will not allow you to bring a stroller in, even if the baby is asleep in the stroller. There is just not room for the servers to get through the aisles with strollers blocking the way. I do not think any of the characters meals in the parks allow strollers in as they want the restaurant paths clear for the characters to walk through and to post for photos. You might get lucky and be allowed to bring it in somewhere, but I wouldn't count on it.
ktlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

If you have the carrier, it's much easier to bring that in and leave the stroller outside. I've never actually seen a stroller in a TS restaurant so I assumed they didn't allow it, but apparently some people have had success. I wouldn't count on it though. All the TS places we've been to have had the slings that you can put the carrier in though, if the baby is too young to sit up in a high chair.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
I know many of the park restaurants will not allow you to bring a stroller in, even if the baby is asleep in the stroller. There is just not room for the servers to get through the aisles with strollers blocking the way. I do not think any of the characters meals in the parks allow strollers in as they want the restaurant paths clear for the characters to walk through and to post for photos. You might get lucky and be allowed to bring it in somewhere, but I wouldn't count on it.
That has been my experience as well. We just took turns eating and holding the baby, if it came down to it.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
suzymouse724
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone. For those of you who have seen the bucket/ sling type high chairs which restaurants did you see them at? I think we will stick mostly to resort TS restaurants, but would really like to try crystal palace, tusker house, and BOG because I think my DS would love them.
suzymouse724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: