Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #31
uk mouse lover
Disney lover

Very good premium seats

Hi we have been with them in 2012 and going again in September and have to say that the premium seats are worth it.... seats are bigger and the screns in the seat in front of you are bigger and can play stop and select your own chanels, (yes any one can do the same in normal class but have to pay on the flight bt its free with premium seats)

this is what we had/got::
we got one the B767 befor the rest of the cabin so we can set relax and get a glass of champaign or orange juice. after 10 min of being in flight we can smell the food (but it didnt smell like normal inflight food) i needed to go the loo and was happy that premium seats customers have a toilet just for them and didnt have to wait to long.

On our return flight we was given free entry to the airport lounge with free drinks computers and some food.

If you think about it a trip to Disney is the best sort of holiday and I do advice you to think hard about getting the premium seats as it starts the holiday so much better... I was talking to a family after the flight and thay was in normal class and they was so stresed after the flight, We just got off and took a slow walk to security and to get out bags (this is not normal at sanford as the one time we went in normal class i was so stressed that security thourt i was not well and wanted a talk for a long time)

I hope you do book them.. i found 1 youtube vid of some one who had like a 1min clip of premium hope yo find it aswell..

Have fun
.2012 Disney Swan & Dolphin
.2013 Disneys Pop Century Resort
.2014 Disneys Pop Century Resort (NEXT 3/8/2014)

uk mouse lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #32
Tink78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
Hi
I used Thomson Direct on 0800 975 4475 and speak to Gavin. He is great- we even upgraded to Premium Club because the economy flight price of £2945 for 4 ads & 1 child was so good for half term.
The balance has to be paid 12 weeks before departure so we have plenty of time to save!
I called Gavin today and got a quote, but he told me I have to pay the whole amount now if I book.
I asked if I could put a deposit down and he said no.
Just curious why he said yes to you?
Did you have to barter with him?

Would you mind sending me a private message with your name, so I can quote it when I call him back tomorrow to query this, otherwise he might think I'm trying to pull a fast one.
Thanks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #33
uk mouse lover
Disney lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink78 View Post
I called Gavin today and got a quote, but he told me I have to pay the whole amount now if I book.
I asked if I could put a deposit down and he said no.
Just curious why he said yes to you?
Did you have to barter with him?

Would you mind sending me a private message with your name, so I can quote it when I call him back tomorrow to query this, otherwise he might think I'm trying to pull a fast one.
Thanks
that's strange as (even tho im going this sep) im looking on the web site to book for 2012 for me a 3 mates and if i dont select the PS it says i can add them to the original booking witch will not need paying until the holiday due date.

Only thing i can think of is if you are flying out of a airport with the new 787 and the PS are going to be booked very fast, I am looking at Birmingham again and dont look like the 787 will be doing the 787 for a few years . let us know how you get on as i have a mate who works at the Tamworth store and will ask her about it when i next go past.
.2012 Disney Swan & Dolphin
.2013 Disneys Pop Century Resort
.2014 Disneys Pop Century Resort (NEXT 3/8/2014)

uk mouse lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #34
Lola Webb
Earning My Ears

Smile Lola Webb

Can anyone help? We are going to Orlando sept.there will be 4 adults and thee children aged 3,5 and7..does anyone know the configuration of seats on the new plane or how we can get layout of seating arrangement? Glad of any help.cant decide if virgin or thomson are the best option.
Lola Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #35
bazzanoid
where'sthespacebar?

the seats are 3-3-3
bazzanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #36
ukool
Mouseketeer

Im having a hard time decideding between Thomson and Virgin, Been with Virgin before and had no problems, but Thomson are that much cheaper.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #37
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukool
Im having a hard time decideding between Thomson and Virgin, Been with Virgin before and had no problems, but Thomson are that much cheaper.
I have also looked at this but ended up with Virgin again even though they are a bit more. The thought if having to get from Sanford after a long flight when MCO is so close puts me off every time. Virgin are pricing me out in school holidays now they are so expensive, but that said I have only ever had an excellent experience of them. I cannot say the same for BA, equally as expensive. They would have to be giving flights away for me to fly with them again. If the Sanford thing doesn't bother you though I know several people who speak highly of the Thomson flights, especially the premium seats.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #38
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one
Cheer up. You've been tagged by the tag fairie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I have also looked at this but ended up with Virgin again even though they are a bit more. The thought if having to get from Sanford after a long flight when MCO is so close puts me off every time. Virgin are pricing me out in school holidays now they are so expensive, but that said I have only ever had an excellent experience of them. I cannot say the same for BA, equally as expensive. They would have to be giving flights away for me to fly with them again. If the Sanford thing doesn't bother you though I know several people who speak highly of the Thomson flights, especially the premium seats.
I don't know when you are planning on flying, but when I was checking flight prices. Thomson worked out to be as expensive as Virgin. It really surprised me, I thought that Thomson would have been a lot cheaper!

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #39
ukool
Mouseketeer

Atm Thomson is £100 cheaper then virgin with better flight times and flying from east midlands which is closer then Manchester for me. The transfer times dont bother me that much as were not driving so can sit back and chill out on the coach. Looking at maingate lakeside - anyone else stayed thier?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #40
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherine

I don't know when you are planning on flying, but when I was checking flight prices. Thomson worked out to be as expensive as Virgin. It really surprised me, I thought that Thomson would have been a lot cheaper!
August. There wasn't much in it.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #41
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukool View Post
Atm Thomson is £100 cheaper then virgin with better flight times and flying from east midlands which is closer then Manchester for me. The transfer times dont bother me that much as were not driving so can sit back and chill out on the coach. Looking at maingate lakeside - anyone else stayed thier?
We stayed at the maingate lakeside a few years ago when it was the Best western. Its a good budget hotel, in a good location with restaurants within walking distance. There is a huge Walgreens across the car park so handy for stocking up the fridge in the room with drinks and snacks!
The transport to the parks was ok. After a couple of days we worked out to just get on the first bus of the day to a Disney park regardless of which one you are planning on going to as you always get dropped off at the TTC anyway!

One day when we wanted to go shopping to I drive we got the courtsey bus to SW and then used the I ride trolley to the mall!

The Busch gardens shuttle goes from the hotel too.

We live in Northampton so I'm seriously thinking of looking at Thomson prices from EMA for our next trip! We've always had good experience with VA but now we are looking at school hols at DD starts school this Sept its time to look elsewhere just in case!

Claire

1994 WDW Lindfields villa 1999 WDW Polynesian Disney Magic 2002 WDW All Star sports 2005 Disneyland Radisson Maingate 2007 WDW Best Western Lakeside 2012 WDW OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 ???
Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #42
ukool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymadhouse View Post
We stayed at the maingate lakeside a few years ago when it was the Best western. Its a good budget hotel, in a good location with restaurants within walking distance. There is a huge Walgreens across the car park so handy for stocking up the fridge in the room with drinks and snacks!
The transport to the parks was ok. After a couple of days we worked out to just get on the first bus of the day to a Disney park regardless of which one you are planning on going to as you always get dropped off at the TTC anyway!

One day when we wanted to go shopping to I drive we got the courtsey bus to SW and then used the I ride trolley to the mall!

The Busch gardens shuttle goes from the hotel too.

We live in Northampton so I'm seriously thinking of looking at Thomson prices from EMA for our next trip! We've always had good experience with VA but now we are looking at school hols at DD starts school this Sept its time to look elsewhere just in case!

Claire
Thanks for the info I have seen thiers a resort fee here which is putting me off a little bit, but its the cheapest hotel so need to work out if the resort fee still makes it cheapest
Old 02-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #43
T16GEM
I must have a funnel cake when I'm in Florida!
Confucious say: Friends don't let friends do AOL

We stayed here in 2009 also when it was the Best Western, it was fine to use as a crash pad after a hard day in the parks! Our kids were 2 and 4 then, so we found it a pain having to go the bed when they did (we usually stay in a villa) but as we were doing a cheap last minute Christmas holiday it was fine. DH did all our washing in their little launderette before we came home too so that was fab!
Nice and close to the Sherberth Rd entrance too!

I would certainly recommend it.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #44
Julia Ann
DIS Veteran

I too am looking at Thomson for 2015 - have usually flown virgin. Sooooo want to go PE never done so before but you are soooooo long on that plane its like a day trip in itself and DH is a nervous flyer so i'm tempted to save up for the extra.
5th visit : Oct 2014 AoA DD first visit 4th visit :20th October 2006 - Quality Inn International I-Drive * 3rd visit : 24th August 2003 - Quality Inn International I-Drive * 2nd visit : 6th Oct 2001 - Kissimmee off 192 * 1st visit : 6th Oct 1995 - Somewhere off I4

Julia Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #45
ukool
Mouseketeer

Its looking more likely ill fly with Thomson. For sep / oct when im looking at Virgin now fly from manchester to london then on to orlando - really dont want to deal with that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: