Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #256
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

You're knew friend Sam the metal man ,could easily be any 3 out of 5 brothers of mine LOL,They get so annoyed that I make jokes about their "rah rah kill ur mother eat ur grandpas " music and I refer to them as metallicaheads(kinda odd considering I actually do like some metallica songs) and they r not as screamy as Korn ,but I totally pictured them when reading that post.

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #257
jane2073
DIS Veteran

Great post as always!!

Agree about the creepy ness of the Munchkins! We were on the second to last row of the vehicles and got temporarily stopped for a minute. After the 'Yellow Brick Road' song finished and all of the Munchkins silently lowered down into their hiding positions again. So creepy!

The book is 'Babysitters on Board'. Super Special #1
They were on a split cruise/WDW vacation.
This was back before the Disney Cruise Line. Disney used to be in partnership with Premier Cruise Line.
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #258
auroralark
Lives for vacation

I just sat down and read this whole report in one sitting. Love your drawings! You are hilarious. I can't wait to read the rest!

Many trips as a kid! Offsite, CBR, Offsite, POR, All Star Sports, Offsite 3x May/June '07 Disneymoon @ BWI *
Sep '07 @ POR * May '09 @ CR * July '09 @ POP!Disneyland! Dec '09 - Jan '10 * Universal! July '10 * Sep '10 @ CSR
Jan '11 @ Poly * Solo! Oct '11 @POR * Feb '12 @ AKL
Our Princess arrived! 7/4/12
auroralark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #259
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great update! I bet that guy on ToT had fun telling everyone about the girl who grabbed his knee!

And how to even touch on the awesomeness of your new friend Sam?! You really do have the best single rider stories!! I was waiting for you to say his hat flew off and hit his wife in the face!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #260
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

A great chapter, as always, Sally!

Congrats on your sister's promotion and all of the great things that means for you. I hope we'll get a Euro-Disney trip report out of the deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post

And I also bought an $8 Full House shirt which has pretty much made my life complete.

In that case, you'll want to pay close attention to my trip report. But unfortunately, the event I'm referring to is still a few days off in trip-reporting time, which means it'll probably be July before I get to posting it, at the rate I'm going.

Quote:

I love Hollywood Studios so much! They colour scheme is so perfect and there is so many palm trees!!!
And they do fit in better there than at Epcot's Future World or Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland, in my opinion.

Quote:

After getting sufficiently stuffed with pizza we went to starring rolls so I could make Bek eat the red velvet cupcake and give me a detailed run down of exactly how each mouthful was. Yes, I really do make people eat the foods I can't eat and give me a full review so I can picture it - what a fun friend I am to have.
Do you also pay for the food since it was your idea that they eat it? If so, you're a dream date.

Quote:
Anyway so I was sitting between Tim and an older man who was by himself and somehow in that first drop I got a bit more of a fright than I was expecting as I was more used to the California version and so in anticipation I closed my eyes, grabbed onto Tim and screamed!
....Except I had somehow forgotton that Tim was on the other side so when I opened my eyes I was clinging onto the knee of an embarrassed looking strange man. Whoops!!
Love it!

Quote:
I apologized again when the lift stopped and the lights came on and the man just laughed and said that I have quite the grip.
Great response from that guy!

Quote:
When we checked the photo it was pretty hilarious as I was shutting my eyes and the man next to me was just looking at me with some ‘get this girl off me’ kind of body language. Which made it the second time that day that a stranger had given me that look although this old man didn't bolt away from me like the awkward teenage boy so we both got to have a chuckle at the picture. Alas I didn’t buy it which I really regret because it would have been a great keepsake.
Dang, I would've loved to have seen that.

Quote:
The countdown started and he swung his hat around so it was facing backwards and he proceeded to ‘rock out’ for the whole ride. He went into some sort of rock and roll trace and was screaming and making the metal sign with both hand while headbanging as much as much as one can in a tightly harnassed rollercoaster.

Yep. That was my new friend Sam and he was quite the character.
Your drawings are great! It's like I was there!

Quote:
Seriously, single rider lines have introduced me to some of the craziest characters on some of the most entertaining rides ever!
That's interesting....I read trip reports from a teenaged kid on Expedition Everest and an older guy on Tower of Terror who said exactly the same thing!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #261
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Your real life stuff is very exciting... congrats on the musical and that shirt was a major score. LOVE IT.

Your stories are always hilarious! The man from ToT sounds like a good sport but the head banger with a band takes the cake in this one, I must say. That picture is BRILLIANT.

No I totally get it... I mean, regular munchkins are pretty creepy, but animatronic munchkins could really do you in on a bad day.

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #262
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

WOW. I am so jealous of your entire life. All of that is AMAZING! Honestly I would die if I got to be in I even got to go to London once, nevermind visit a family member there many times and go to DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!! Same thing with being in the Wedding Singer. That is just amazing. What is your role? I'm also jealous of the fancy chocolate BUT MOST OF ALL THE FULL HOUSE SHIRT. THAT IS UNREAL. So yeah, congratulations on all the awesomeness!

HAHAHAHA why is it not at all surprising that you would grab an unsuspecting stranger on ToT?

They hardly ever do the guitar handling guy thing. Also, sometimes they have a CM over the loudspeaker interact with Aerosmith. Like in between stuff the band says, a CM will say "Hey Steven, how about some backstage passes?!"

THANK YOU SO MUCH for always entertianing me so with your art. It is beautiful as I have told you many times. Hmm, I too wonder about the hat. Does he shower with it on?

p.s. Last night I had a dream I was out clubbing in Australia!!! AHHHH I WISH I WAS THERE RIGHT NOW!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #263
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I want your Full House shirt! How cute!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #264
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm just joining in, a bit late I know. BUT I did spend the whole snowstorm trapped in my house, so I read your whole report up to this point! OMG, I literally laughed so hard at your stories!!!!

You have had quite the adventure, and so many of your situations sound so familiar! It's exactly something that would happen to me!

I can't wait to hear more!!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #265
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Your updates seriously leave me laughing out loud EVERY time. I am dying over here at Sam because I can totally picture that happening. I've seen many "Sams" at Disney World. I ALSO LOVE YOUR FULL HOUSE SHIRT. Best thing I've ever seen, and for $8, too!

And I love that you notice the meltdown hour, too! I always point out to Matt that around 1-2ish, that's when you see crazy meltdowns from children. We promised each other that we will take the well-needed afternoon break with our kids WAY before they hit meltdown mode, only to spare both us and those surrounding us of the horrid screams would emit our future children's mouths.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #266
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Loving the updates! Congrats on the Wedding Singer!

ToT is the most perfectly themed ride ever. Just so, so well done. Laughing so hard imagining you grabbing onto that strange man.

And your seatmate on RnRC. Huh. You really have all the luck don't you? I wonder if his baseball cap wearing is a nod to 91/2 weeks? Makes you think a little differently about his wife huh?
Thanks so much!!! I'm so excited to start rehearsals!

I know! It really is perfection! Ahhhh it was pretty awkward when I realised what I had done, luckily he was a good sport!!

I was pretty lucky this trip with all my new 'friends'! Seriously couldn't control myself once he began to 'rock out'. So great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
You're knew friend Sam the metal man ,could easily be any 3 out of 5 brothers of mine LOL,They get so annoyed that I make jokes about their "rah rah kill ur mother eat ur grandpas " music and I refer to them as metallicaheads(kinda odd considering I actually do like some metallica songs) and they r not as screamy as Korn ,but I totally pictured them when reading that post.
That is hilarious! Yikes 5 brothers is a LOT! Haha I know what you mean about the music! He was so sweet this guy, just loved headbanging to his Aerosmith more than anyone I've met before!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
Great post as always!!

Agree about the creepy ness of the Munchkins! We were on the second to last row of the vehicles and got temporarily stopped for a minute. After the 'Yellow Brick Road' song finished and all of the Munchkins silently lowered down into their hiding positions again. So creepy!

The book is 'Babysitters on Board'. Super Special #1
They were on a split cruise/WDW vacation.
This was back before the Disney Cruise Line. Disney used to be in partnership with Premier Cruise Line.
Awh thanks!! UGH I KNOW! They are really creepy!! I'm sorry you had to experience that with the munchkins...I probably would have freaked out!!

I love that book so much!! Seriously going to try and find it this weekend so I can read it again! I just remember when Karen sneaks off on the ship and gets a manicure, I used to think that was soooo cooool
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:49 AM   #267
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroralark View Post
I just sat down and read this whole report in one sitting. Love your drawings! You are hilarious. I can't wait to read the rest!
Yay!! Welcome and thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great update! I bet that guy on ToT had fun telling everyone about the girl who grabbed his knee!

And how to even touch on the awesomeness of your new friend Sam?! You really do have the best single rider stories!! I was waiting for you to say his hat flew off and hit his wife in the face!
Haha I'm sure he did! He got a way better story than me from the whole deal!

He was amazing!! He was just the most perfect RnR partner I could have asked for. He even introduced his kid by saying 'and this is my kid' ahhhhhh it was great!!

Eeek! I'm glad it didn't fly off, but I was kind of waiting for that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
A great chapter, as always, Sally!

Congrats on your sister's promotion and all of the great things that means for you. I hope we'll get a Euro-Disney trip report out of the deal!

Thanks Glenn!! And yes that is definitely what it means!!

In that case, you'll want to pay close attention to my trip report. But unfortunately, the event I'm referring to is still a few days off in trip-reporting time, which means it'll probably be July before I get to posting it, at the rate I'm going.

Ahhhhh I'm excited already!!! I will keep up, don't you worry about that!!!!

And they do fit in better there than at Epcot's Future World or Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland, in my opinion.

Haha yes they make me feel a lot more warm and fuzzy than their robot cousins in Tomorrowland...

Do you also pay for the food since it was your idea that they eat it? If so, you're a dream date.

Sometimes I do BUT I also watch the person like a hawk as they eat the food which can make most people uncomfortable

Great response from that guy!

I know!!! He was great!!

Dang, I would've loved to have seen that.

Gahhh I know, I really need to fork out the money sometimes. The RnR one would have been pretty fantastic too!

Your drawings are great! It's like I was there!

Haha thanks! It's like we are ALL right there headbanging along with Sam...

That's interesting....I read trip reports from a teenaged kid on Expedition Everest and an older guy on Tower of Terror who said exactly the same thing!
I feel like the teenage boys would read more like, 'I'm never going on Everest again unless someone I know is sitting next to me. Australian girls are weird.... I'm never leaving my bedroom ever again"
Old 02-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #268
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your real life stuff is very exciting... congrats on the musical and that shirt was a major score. LOVE IT.

Your stories are always hilarious! The man from ToT sounds like a good sport but the head banger with a band takes the cake in this one, I must say. That picture is BRILLIANT.

No I totally get it... I mean, regular munchkins are pretty creepy, but animatronic munchkins could really do you in on a bad day.
Thank you!! I KNOW! I've worn it so much already! Can't believe I went all these years without a Full House shirt

ToT guy was a good sport! He made the whole awkward situation more funny than anything OOh wow. Sam was brilliant! For the first 10 or so seconds I thought he may have been doing it as a joke... but no... that was just him!

Ughhh They really are quite scary!! Whenever we go through that room I wonder about what would happen if we broke down in there. EEEK
That would probably be the end for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
WOW. I am so jealous of your entire life. All of that is AMAZING! Honestly I would die if I got to be in I even got to go to London once, nevermind visit a family member there many times and go to DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!! Same thing with being in the Wedding Singer. That is just amazing. What is your role? I'm also jealous of the fancy chocolate BUT MOST OF ALL THE FULL HOUSE SHIRT. THAT IS UNREAL. So yeah, congratulations on all the awesomeness!

Hahaha well I'm jealous of your life so now we are even? Seriously would love to live in NY! I've only been to London once before but I'm super excited to go back...and I cant even begin to think about EuroDisneyyyy! Cant even...
Thanks so much!! I'm just 'featured ensemble' whatever that means haha. I'm just happy I made it through both singing and dancing callbacks!
The shirt seriously makes my heart happy!!!!!

HAHAHAHA why is it not at all surprising that you would grab an unsuspecting stranger on ToT?

Haha I know. I manage to get myself into these situations on the daily it seems

They hardly ever do the guitar handling guy thing. Also, sometimes they have a CM over the loudspeaker interact with Aerosmith. Like in between stuff the band says, a CM will say "Hey Steven, how about some backstage passes?!"

Yeahhh I guess there are better uses for the RnR employees.... but still

THANK YOU SO MUCH for always entertianing me so with your art. It is beautiful as I have told you many times. Hmm, I too wonder about the hat. Does he shower with it on?

Thank YOU for appreciating it. All those minutes spent slaving away on the ipad
I actually think he meant ALL THE TIME! He was such a character that it wouldn't surprise me at all if he did!!

p.s. Last night I had a dream I was out clubbing in Australia!!! AHHHH I WISH I WAS THERE RIGHT NOW!
Ahhhh that is awesome!! Come see meeee!!!!! Actually my Saturday nights consist more of drinking cups of tea and watching Disney movies BUT hey if you were here RIGHT NOW I could totally club it up... yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I want your Full House shirt! How cute!
I love it so much!! It's super soft too! I went back to check if they had more but they just had one of the 3 sisters in black and white. It was pretty cool but not as great....

Last edited by Aussiesalad; 02-10-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #269
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Hi! I'm just joining in, a bit late I know. BUT I did spend the whole snowstorm trapped in my house, so I read your whole report up to this point! OMG, I literally laughed so hard at your stories!!!!

You have had quite the adventure, and so many of your situations sound so familiar! It's exactly something that would happen to me!

I can't wait to hear more!!!
Welcome!! Thanks for joining!!
Oh gosh I've heard about the storms over there, they sound CRAZY!!!
I've only been in snow twice in my life so it's really hard to even imagine but I hope you're staying safe...and WARM!

I'm so glad you can relate!! Makes me feel like I'm not so alone in my insanity

Next chapter will be up soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Your updates seriously leave me laughing out loud EVERY time. I am dying over here at Sam because I can totally picture that happening. I've seen many "Sams" at Disney World. I ALSO LOVE YOUR FULL HOUSE SHIRT. Best thing I've ever seen, and for $8, too!

I know!!! There are quite a few 'Sams' at Disney right? He seriously was the sweetest guy... he just cracked me up with the intensity of his 'rocking out'.
I KNOWWW!!! I squealed really loud when I saw it even though I was alone. Too much excitement to contain!!!

And I love that you notice the meltdown hour, too! I always point out to Matt that around 1-2ish, that's when you see crazy meltdowns from children. We promised each other that we will take the well-needed afternoon break with our kids WAY before they hit meltdown mode, only to spare both us and those surrounding us of the horrid screams would emit our future children's mouths.
Ohhh the meltdown hour! It's crazy isn't it?? One minute all the kids are fine and happy and then all of a sudden the time hits and it's chaos!! That is too funny because Josh and I made the same pact!! Although Josh is more of a napper than me, so maybe he can take the child back for a nap and I can hit a few single rider lines....
Old 02-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #270
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Chapter 15

Jeans Are A Fantastic Choice And The Stupidest Map Reading Error Of All Time!!

With breakdown city in full swing we decided to hit one last favourite before heading out of the parks. It was of course....

THE MUPPETS!!!

Seriously who doesn't love this show?? Everything about it is great! Right from the pre show I am in stitches! Muppet humour is right up my alley! I was a massive muppet fan as a child and even went through a 6 month period where I would only let my mum play the muppets cassette in the car... NOTHING ELSE!
I'm glad she was understanding of my obsession... I don't know if I will be as patient if my child is as odd as I was...
Anyway into Muppetvision 3D!!

I should probably add here that even though I LOVE this show I am NOT a fan of 3d at all!!
It really makes my head feel weird and my eyes struggle to focus through most of the show. I wish I liked it. Most people seem to get a real kick out of that extra dimension but it seems to just confuse my brain. I like to tell myself that it's just that my brain is too smart for 3d, but it's probably the opposite.

After Muppets we headed out of the park and to where the car was parked...WHICH WE ACTUALLY REMEMBERED FOR ONCE!!!!
(Sorry, it was a proud moment)

After the short ride in our sauna of a car, we arrived back at the house and had a quick dip in the pool and a snack from the fridge. Then we got a little snazzier ready for a night at Downtown Disney!!! Yayyy!!!

This part of the update starts to get a little disgusting... yes again.... so feel free to skip the next few paragraphs or so if you are not into the over sharing of gross personal details.

I firstly need to let you know that I am a HORRIBLE judge of tempreture. Meaning that I am always dressed completely wrong for the weather. I just have no real scale in my head on what clothes go with what temperatures which leads to a lot of uncomfortable situations due to my inaccurate judgement.

Getting ready for the evening in DTD I pulled out of my suitcase what I thought would be a good outfit for the occasion. It was very tight dark thick jeans and a light floral top. I got dressed in the air conditioning and so of course I felt fine. I then put on some makeup (waste of time) and straightened my hair (another waste of time) and headed out to the car with the others. In the car we blasted the air con, circled the property an excessive amount of times and finally found Downtown Disney along with a parking spot right near DisneyQuest

Once I stepped out of the car I immediately regretted my choice. The boys had worn shorts and Bek was wearing a dress and so I was left alone to suffer horrible wrath of wearing tight dark jeans in Disney in the middle of summer.
You see in Australia (and every other place I have ever travelled to) after a boiling hot day a nice breeze will come in and the temperature will drop as the evening arrives. I had no idea that this just does not happen in Florida!! The air was still thick with humidity and moments after stepping out of the car, my hair was a frizz ball and my makeup had melted away.
Oh well, I put my discomfort aside, ignored how the jeans felt and thought happy Disney thoughts. On we trekked in search of a snack to cool us down.
I really tried to ignore it but every step seemed to make me hotter and hotter. My legs literally felt like they were on fire. I looked around and sure enough, I was the ONLY person in DTD I saw that was wearing jeans. I tried my best to think cold thoughts but it was getting worse and worse. My jeans were completely stuck to my skin all over and I was getting hotter by the minute.

THEN as I turned around to say something to Josh I slipped half over and had to steady myself on Bek's shoulder.

What the?

I looked down.

I dont want to say this sentence I really dont, but I feel like it is an important part to the story so here it goes...

I was so hot and my legs and ankles were sweating to such a degree that sweat was coming out the bottom of my jeans and onto my feet to the point where I couldn't even stand in my flip flops!!! I was just slipping all over the place!! I was THAT sweaty! Ughhh

I'm sorry!!!
I'm disgusting I know.

You see the thing is that I am NOT a sweaty person at ALL! Those jeans must have just pushed my body to the edge because it had never happened before that day and never happened since.

Ok... so I did what I needed to do.
I bought some overly priced shorts from Curl (that I never wore again) and that seemed to fix the problem.

After that disgusting episode we decided would would have some ice cream too cool ourselves down so we headed to haagan daaz for a delicious treat.

After our ice creams the sun was setting so we took a few pics.

Yay so glad I straightened my hair and put on that makeup...

We tried again about 20 mins or so later, but we were ever sweatier and grosser so yeah, not a big improvement.

This is us trying to pretend that we are not dripping with sweat... convincing right?

After our icecream/sweatfest we wanted to go and grab some souvenirs and spend some time shopping.

This next bit is quite embarrassing BUT I need to say it was before I was an active DIS-er and the heat had gotten to my brain quite a bit that day.

I pulled out the map I had printed from home and we tried to navigate DTD.

The map looked a little something like this...

Little did we know, half the map had ripped off.

We tried to find a Disney store... Nope
Tried to find some of the restaurants we had heard were good...Nope
We tried to find the Christmas store...Nope
T-shirt store.... Nope
Gluten free bakery??????? NOPE!!!

'Well, this Downtown Disney is pretty lame compared to the one in Cali' said Tim

We all agreed.

We even thought we might be missing something so we crossed over Pleasure Island and got as far as Raglan Road. We saw the carpark to the right and assumed that is where everyone was headed...back to their cars.

'Hmm, well I guess we've seen everything' said Josh

We agreed to catch a movie and head back to the house.

Laughing to ourselves about how silly it was that they didn't even had a World Of Disney store at their Downtown Disney.

FACEPALM

It was a good 6 months after this trip until I found the rest of my printed map and figured it out!!

Next up

The Best Way To Start A Universal Studios Day Is With A Hearty (accidental) Hike

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: