Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #136
carriemp
Mouseketeer

Joining the group

We just booked the cruise today and are hoping to join the FE list. It will be me, my husband and our DS 12 and DD 10. We were supposed to sail on the Fantasy again in May, but couldn't pass up the kids sail free deal. This will be our grand slam cruise, as the Magic is the only ship we have not been on.
Beach Club 06/96 (our honeymoon), Pop Century 04/08 (first time with kids), Wonder Bahamian Cruise 09/09, Port Orleans Riverside 10/09 (celebrating kids birthdays), Port Orleans French Quarter 6/11, Dream Double Dip 06/11, Beach Club 05/12, Fantasy Western Caribbean 05/12, Magic Western Caribbean 02/13, Beach Club 06/13, Dream Bahamian 12/13 NYE, Disney Fantasy 05/14, Disney Fantasy NYE 14/15
carriemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #137
kelis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnmomma3 View Post
Ok, so few questions~hoping to get on the FB page! (I sent a request!) We are really interested in doing the Fish Extender! Is it possible to join for that?? We are getting super excited!!!!

I got your FB request this morning and added ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriemp View Post
We just booked the cruise today and are hoping to join the FE list. It will be me, my husband and our DS 12 and DD 10. We were supposed to sail on the Fantasy again in May, but couldn't pass up the kids sail free deal. This will be our grand slam cruise, as the Magic is the only ship we have not been on.

We have said for weeks that we were cutting the FE sign up off on 1/11....since you BOTH joined the dis page, on 1/11, you're IN! carriemp - are you going to join the fb page? We have been discussing the FE stuff in more depth there. We will be splitting the group, as it's rather large. If not, I am happy to get you added. Let me know your stateroom!

Happy to know we have an experienced Disney Cruiser in the group - most of us are either newbies to DCL or newbies to cruises in general. My husband and I have never cruised at all.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #138
Kencad MOM
Mouseketeer

Will we get a list for the exchange posted on this thread or do we need to go to Facebook? I have not joined the facebook group so I was just curious....

Let me know, thanks.

Have a "Magical" day!

ME 35DH 39DD 12DS8

Wonder 3/2010, Wonder 2/2012, Magic 2/2013, Magic 2/2014
Kencad MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #139
kelis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kencad MOM
Will we get a list for the exchange posted on this thread or do we need to go to Facebook? I have not joined the facebook group so I was just curious....

Let me know, thanks.

Have a "Magical" day!
Yes! I will post the list here. (When I get to a computer)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #140
kelis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kencad MOM View Post

Let me know, thanks.

Have a "Magical" day!

I can't figure out how to upload this as a document, so I will just tell you here...

Some members requested that the group be split due to time constraints, budget constraints and/or luggage space. Others have said that they would like to give gifts to the entire group. I split the FE group and the group that you are in is as follows:

Mom - Teresa, Dad - Tony, Boy-9-Ethan, Boy-7-Micah, Room 2075, Teresa's birthday
Mom - Gina, Dad - Joe, Boy-4-Chase, Boy-2-Ethan, Room 2083
Jackie & Joann (Jackie is Joe's (above) sister and Joann is their mother), Room 6068
Mom - Beckie, Dad - Jody, Girl-8-Jewellee, Boy-7-Robbie, Room 5004

If you would like the whole list, let me know and I can email it to you.

Also, we have planned a meet up on the first day. Many have expressed that they would like their kids to meet especially so that they have familiar faces in the kids clubs. Diversions, 3pm.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #141
txnkenjomet
Earning My Ears

Howdy

will be sailing on same date - i just joined facebook
My DDson will be 5 on feb 25 - see you all
txnkenjomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #142
Kencad MOM
Mouseketeer

Sure, you can send me the whole list. Ellis048500@yahoo.com

ME 35DH 39DD 12DS8

Wonder 3/2010, Wonder 2/2012, Magic 2/2013, Magic 2/2014
Kencad MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #143
CourtneyTexas
Earning My Ears

We are taking our very first Disney Cruise on Feb. 23 out of Galveston and just heard about the FE groups. We would love to be part of this! Is it too late to join the group?
CourtneyTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #144
Ericastyles
Earning My Ears

Just joining

Hey all,
I just found out about the Disboards last night from a Disney Cruiser guru. Thinking of doing the fish extender thing. I love a new craft and love me some theme style! Hope it's not too late to join the group!
Ericastyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #145
Ericastyles
Earning My Ears

Oops, forgot to mention DH and I are cruising with our 2 DS, 7& 5.

Last edited by Ericastyles; 01-28-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Ericastyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #146
LisaATX
Earning My Ears

Fish extender!

New to the idea but LOVE it! Please let me know if spots are still available!
LisaATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #147
lisakruse
Earning My Ears

Hi, This will be our first cruise and can't wait!! We would love to get in on the FE , if able to. Not too sure what it is although I have an idea and we don't want to miss out on anything if we can help it! Let me know if you can fit us in. Thanks. Lisa
lisakruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #148
mikercoaster
Earning My Ears

First Timer's

OK, My wife and I just got in on this cruise with the GTV discount, we saw the offer and said "Wouldn't that be nice if...." then realized

1. Kid is in college
2. I have the vacation time
3. Wife's Temp Job just ended

So we took the plunge and got in. So we have about 20 days until we leave, never been on a cruise before (but we are Disney Fanatics) and the information is a little overwhelming to say the least.

So, all of my future cruise friends, what is the one suggestion you can make assuming we are clueless (which we are) and Hello!

It also turns out I will be celebrating my birthday on the Cozumel Day!

I don't think we are very interested in port adventures since this was kind of a spur of the moment thing but want to enjoy the ship. Reservations are full at Palo's so that is out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You!!!!!!

Last edited by mikercoaster; 02-03-2013 at 09:28 AM.
mikercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #149
kelis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyTexas View Post
We are taking our very first Disney Cruise on Feb. 23 out of Galveston and just heard about the FE groups. We would love to be part of this! Is it too late to join the group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaATX View Post
New to the idea but LOVE it! Please let me know if spots are still available!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisakruse View Post
Hi, This will be our first cruise and can't wait!! We would love to get in on the FE , if able to. Not too sure what it is although I have an idea and we don't want to miss out on anything if we can help it! Let me know if you can fit us in. Thanks. Lisa
Hi Courtney, Lisa and Lisa! Welcome to the group! Sorry it's so quiet here - I am really the only one that comes back and updates here but we are way MORE active in our Facebook group. For the fish extender, we had a group of 95 people originally and many people wanted to split into smaller groups, so that was done 3 weeks ago. Since the 3 of you (plus Erica that posted after Courtney) expressed interest in joining, I am going to create a 6th group for all of you - if you still want to participate. There are several people in the group that are buying/making gifts for everyone and several that are only giving gifts to those within their smaller group. You choose your level of participation based on budget, time and space. Please consider joining us on Facebook (Erica already did!) so that you can "meet" the rest of the group. I will post the link below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikercoaster View Post
OK, My wife and I just got in on this cruise with the GTV discount, we saw the offer and said "Wouldn't that be nice if...." then realized

1. Kid is in college
2. I have the vacation time
3. Wife's Temp Job just ended

So we took the plunge and got in. So we have about 20 days until we leave, never been on a cruise before (but we are Disney Fanatics) and the information is a little overwhelming to say the least.

So, all of my future cruise friends, what is the one suggestion you can make assuming we are clueless (which we are) and Hello!

It also turns out I will be celebrating my birthday on the Cozumel Day!

I don't think we are very interested in port adventures since this was kind of a spur of the moment thing but want to enjoy the ship. Reservations are full at Palo's so that is out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You!!!!!!
Hi Mike! Welcome! My husband and I are traveling without our kids, we also LOVE Disney, this is also our first cruise, AND my birthday is on 2/26 - Grand Cayman day! There will be two other kid-less couples on board, in our group, besides you and I. Also several other adult birthdays. We have talked about getting together for a celebratory adult beverage at some point. We have Palo dinner reservations for 2/26. I am very excited about that. I have read on these boards that Palo holds back 1/2 of it's time slots for people to book when they board the ship. People have said that it's a good idea to go immediately to the place where you can book (I can't remember where but there are veteran cruisers on the Facebook page that can help with this) when you board the ship.

For all of you - we have planned a "meet" at 3pm at Diversions on embarkation day. I hope you'll join us there. Many people want their kids to meet so that they have familiar faces in the kids clubs. There's also a good chance that the people in the group will be attending the same activities at some point, so it's nice to see familiar faces there too.

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/482023015150401/
Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #150
Snowwhite74
Earning My Ears

We have decided to do all the rooms. I know there were a few added after the close date but I ordered my stuff so all rooms will be getting FE gifts from 6068 and 2083 staterooms. I just hope I can get it all boxed up and shipped out next week in time to the port. I need to avoid suitcase overweight charges due to the FE gifts.

Disney Wonder November 2004 /Disney Wonder November 2005 /Carnival Imagination April 2006 / Disney Wonder November 2007 / Disney Wonder November 2008 / Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas November 2009 / Disney Fantasy November 2012 / Disney Magic February 2013 / Carnival Victory May 2013
Snowwhite74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feb 2013 magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: