Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
sachilles
Mouseketeer

Best way from CBR to Boardwalk on disney transportation

We are staying at the Caribbean Beach resort in early May.
We'd like to visit the Boardwalk area for a stroll and evening meal.
Assuming a start from CBR, what's the most efficient route there and back?
It looks like there might be a bus that does a loop to downtown disney that might stop at the boardwalk?
Would it be advisable to take a bus to epcot and walk to the other epcot gate and to the boardwalk, OR bus to studios and take a boat up to the boardwalk?
We have park hopper tickets so there isn't a concern of using up entry to a park.
Is there a safe walking path?

Thank you.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Well, as to the walkway, yes and no. There is a sidewalk on the north side of Buena Vista drive from the Epcot Resorts area to the traffic light at the fire station (which is across Buena Vista Drive from CBR). There are crossing lights and a cross walk to cross Buena Vista Drive. However, on the south side of Buena Vista, there are no sidewalks to go anywhere. The crossing just doesn't make sense. I don't know if a lot of people walk across the parking lot at CBR and across the grass, and cross at that light to walk to the Epcot resorts area or not, but the crossing is there. It might be OK in the daytime, but you really wouldn't want to do it at night.

So personally, I would do one of two things. I would either take a DHS bus, and then either walk or boat to BW from there, or go via DTD. I think DHS would probably be faster (DTD buses are notoriously slow). Taking a bus to the front of Epcot would be a last resort choice for me - a lot more walking than if you walked from DHS.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Whatever you do, don't use DTD as a transfer point. The buses to/from there are notorious for being slow!

As you have figured out either catch a bus to Epcot or the Disney Studios. You can walk to the Boardwalk from both Epcot and the Studios, or boat from the Studios to the Boardwalk.

Though if you make ADRs and are on a time crunch, catching a taxi is way quicker than either of the above.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Bus to DHS and walk to BWI. You can take boat too but walk is a little faster. If you boat, I'd get off at Swan/Dolphin dock since its first stop.

The Epcot resort - DTD bus route is pure torture. I'd take a cab before doing it. Cab between CBR and BWI is about $10.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

You have a few options but they all involve a lot of time:

1. Take DTD bus from CBR & take Boardwalk bus back
2. Take bus from CBR to any park & take Boardwalk bus back
3. Take bus to EPCOT ( must be prepared to use an admission ticket) from CBR, walk thru park & exit through international gateway & either walk to Boardwalk or take boat to Boardwalk
4. Or best idea, just take cab & save yourself some time. Probably would only be $20.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

hi
just got back from bwv....
best way would be cab...but it u want to save the money..
take the bus to hollywood stuios ..
and like the others said u can walk or take the boat we did it our whole stay
works great some of the busses let u out right by the walkway so easy but if not into walking take the boat and like the other post said u can get off at swan and walk over the bridge or stay on for a nice boat ride and get off right at bw

i would never go to the front of epcot unless u want to visit that park

have fun
corvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

Your best bet would to be to head over to the Boardwalk after spending some time at Epcot (a quick walk out the back entrance and you're there) and take a cab home. I'll cost you less than 10 dollars and save you probably an hour.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
jsrj21
Frathouse

We had the same dilemma last time we were there in 2011. We stayed at CBR as well. We did two things. We were at the bus stop at Old Port Royale at CBR and the first bus to arrive was Hollywood Studios - so we took it and then jumped on the ferry to BW. Another time we were already at EPCOT and just walked over to the Boardwalk via International Gateway. It was beautiful!

If time isn't an issue, then experiment....you may learn something new! It's the best part of these trips - finding something new every time.

Good luck!~
July 2001 -CBR, July 2002 - CBR, July 2003 - CBR, August 2004 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, August 2007 - CBR, August 2008 - CBR, August 2009 - CBR, August 2010 - CBR, Xmas 2010 - [One Day @ MK], August 2011 - CBR, August 2013 - CBR, August 2014 - CBR [Son's HS Grad Trip], and I pray for many more visits to come......
jsrj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
Pig Pen
To all who have come to this happy place...welcome.

I would just take the bus to DHS and then take the boat to the Boardwalk, or simply follow the walking path. If you take the DHS bus you will not have to enter DHS to get to the Boardwalk area.

Please keep in mind that if you take a bus to Epcot you will have to use an admission ticket to enter the park, then exit thru the International Gateway to get to the Boardwalk.

This may be a problem if you are trying to preserve admission days or do not have a park hopper.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
Pig Pen

OP - I am from Waterbury, Vermont...
Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
sachilles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Pen View Post
OP - I am from Waterbury, Vermont...
I'm sorry

Just kidding. I'm from barre originally so there is plenty to tease me with. I lived in Waterbury around 1997-98 on Cobb hill near the intersection with the snow fire dealership.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #12
Pig Pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachilles View Post
I'm sorry

Just kidding. I'm from barre originally so there is plenty to tease me with. I lived in Waterbury around 1997-98 on Cobb hill near the intersection with the snow fire dealership.
I know it well! We lived in Huntington Place condos near the armory and both worked at Waterbury complex. Our condo and our workplace were both destroyed during Irene, so we decided it was a good time to take early retirement and head south.

Have fun at WDW. I see I overlooked the fact you will have park hoppers. I still think going to DHS is the best way to go. We loved taking Disney transportation and not using a car. It's one of the bad things about living 30 minutes away! We HAVE to drive there now.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #13
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

The quickest way would be to take a cab. However, if you're not in any rush and want to use Disney transportation, I'd take a bus to DHS and then walk or take the boat from DHS to BWI. I love walking as the path is nice and scenic and only takes about 15-20 minutes, depending on your pace .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #14
sachilles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Pen View Post
I know it well! We lived in Huntington Place condos near the armory and both worked at Waterbury complex. Our condo and our workplace were both destroyed during Irene, so we decided it was a good time to take early retirement and head south.

Have fun at WDW. I see I overlooked the fact you will have park hoppers. I still think going to DHS is the best way to go. We loved taking Disney transportation and not using a car. It's one of the bad things about living 30 minutes away! We HAVE to drive there now.
Well if you need a delivery of Alchemist Heady topper around May, I'm sure I could stash some in my luggage.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: