Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
PiMCTaylor
Earning My Ears

I have to say I did not care for Villains on the dream and Aladdin on the Fantasy (just saw that one two weeks ago). Believe is a great show and Golden Mickeys is fun, if not slightly dated as far as the movies chosen to be a part of it. and, as much as it makes me sad to say it, I was SO looking forward to Wishes on the Fantasy and could not get past the horrible acting of the three main actors. I've heard hat the entertainment crew on the Fantasy is getting ready to switch, so maybe you'll get a little luckier than I

My family saw Buckets and Boards and said they were awesome! I'm sad I missed them.
PiMCTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #17
jayteadunn
Earning My Ears

If you can catch buckets n boards you should go see them.
jayteadunn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #18
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

Believe was our favorite.

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #19
lucyem
DIS Veteran

My son and I really did not care for Villains on the Dream at all. Left half way through. We did not have time for any other shows on our 3 day. Watching to see what else is popular on the Fantasy for our next cruise. It is longer so we are hoping to see more. But after Villains we are a little gun shy about bothering to go see the big productions at all.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #20
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyem View Post
My son and I really did not care for Villains on the Dream at all. Left half way through. We did not have time for any other shows on our 3 day. Watching to see what else is popular on the Fantasy for our next cruise. It is longer so we are hoping to see more. But after Villains we are a little gun shy about bothering to go see the big productions at all.
Don't let that sway you. We didn't like Villains either but loved all the others. Especially Believe, Golden Mickeys, Disney Dreams and I hear that Aladdin is very popular !
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #21
applecore72
Earning My Ears

We absolutely loved Believe (and Villains Tonight),

European, DVC owner, Disney World addict, Disney Cruise Line traveller
applecore72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #22
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyem View Post
Villains doesn't compare to the quality/caliber of the other stage shows on DCL. Please don't let that show deter you from seeing the shows on the Magic or Fantasy.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #23
sambycat
DIS Veteran

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD GO SEE THE SHOWS FOR YOURSELVES! hahahaha!!!!

we LOVE villains (PROJECT CRUELLA??!? YZMA AND KRONK??!! CMON!!!)(we did see it a couple years back when it first started off and it had rough spots), it gets mixed reviews here. saw that toy story one once, not a fan. the dreams and believe ones are fun for the musical numbers (each has numbers that are amazing), the musical theater acting is... sometimes great, sometimes very high school which i feel horrible typing because everyone of those performers is great and giving it 110% but man, we just saw that twice charmed thing people raved about and it was kind of a stinker - again, super neat production values though. we just saw aladding for the first time and that was lots of fun! golden mickeys are an old standby, but always fun and of course we love the musical numbers even if the patter is a bit predictable...

any of the productions will depend some on the cast members and what not but we love villains tonight - i mean like we will quote from it. love.
villains toNIGHT villains toNIGHT villains to-ni-i-ight.... VILLAINS TONIGHT!

sambycat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #24
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Do they still have Jafar singing Wind Beneath My Wings? That was painful!

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #25
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Do they still have Jafar singing Wind Beneath My Wings? That was painful!
Yes...and the last time I saw it, they rigged him and he began to "fly".
January 21, 2011: 2-night Disney Dream (Benefit Preview Cruise) / February 3, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
May 14, 2011: 14-night Disney Magic (Eastbound Transatlantic) - TRIP REPORT / November 17, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
December 8, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream / July 28, 2012: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean)
September 7, 2012: 5-night Disney Magic (Canada/New England Coast) / December 6, 2012: 3-night Disney Dream
May 6, 2013: 14-night Disney Wonder (Westbound Panama Canal) / December 13, 2013: 5-night Disney Magic (Western Caribbean)
April 5, 2014: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) / September 1, 2014: 7-night Disney Wonder (Alaska)

KevieKev05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #26
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambycat
THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD GO SEE THE SHOWS FOR YOURSELVES! hahahaha!!!!

we LOVE villains (PROJECT CRUELLA??!? YZMA AND KRONK??!! CMON!!!)(we did see it a couple years back when it first started off and it had rough spots), it gets mixed reviews here. saw that toy story one once, not a fan. the dreams and believe ones are fun for the musical numbers (each has numbers that are amazing), the musical theater acting is... sometimes great, sometimes very high school which i feel horrible typing because everyone of those performers is great and giving it 110% but man, we just saw that twice charmed thing people raved about and it was kind of a stinker - again, super neat production values though. we just saw aladding for the first time and that was lots of fun! golden mickeys are an old standby, but always fun and of course we love the musical numbers even if the patter is a bit predictable...

any of the productions will depend some on the cast members and what not but we love villains tonight - i mean like we will quote from it. love.
villains toNIGHT villains toNIGHT villains to-ni-i-ight.... VILLAINS TONIGHT!
I agree that you should see them yourselves....everyone is so different. Villains was our favorite! Hades doing pop culture jokes??? Too funny! I tend to be a glass is half full girl with all things Disney, but Believe was by far my least favorite of all. Too cheesy for me. Yet again, it's personal preference. You never know which ones you'll like until you see them.
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #27
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave 2
We are on a 3 night Dream cruise in March with two boys 12 & 14. Wondering about stage shows which would be of interest to them. I hear Believe and Golden Mickeys seem to be favs with Villains hit or miss. Will be a feat to bring them to any shows so 1st one better be good. Which would you recommend for this age/gender? Thanks.
We loved Villains Tonight on the Magic. We just saw Golden Mickeys on the Wonder and thought it was OK. I was expecting a lot more after reading these boards. Though I was a little disappointed overall with the actors onboard Wonder vs what we experienced on the Magic last May.

I think teenagers would find villains quite funny. It's like the Tonight show w/ villains as guests.

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #28
sambycat
DIS Veteran

did i ever tell you you’re my hero?