Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
WeRunDisney
Earning My Ears

I was just down there in January for marathon weekend and was specifically looking for heathly meals before the race. I had a really nice fish dish at Kona Cafe at the Poly that was served with rice and veggies with a fruit salsa. If by chance you're booking with a TA, ask them for info. Our TA included a list of healthy meal options in our packet of info. Have a great trip!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRunDisney View Post
I was just down there in January for marathon weekend and was specifically looking for heathly meals before the race. I had a really nice fish dish at Kona Cafe at the Poly that was served with rice and veggies with a fruit salsa. If by chance you're booking with a TA, ask them for info. Our TA included a list of healthy meal options in our packet of info. Have a great trip!
We love Kona Cafe and I need to eat more fish. NO TA for us since we have DVC but include the list is a great idea.

I will have to post some pics of my meals when I get back.
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #18
Princess Steph
Mouseketeer

We try to make it to Boma at AKL. I feel like there are some great whole grain options, broiled Salmon, carved meats, grilled chicken, soups and salads, hummus and homemade pitas. Except for the kids section, not much is fried. The best part is I fill up on such healthy foods, I don't have room for the desserts!
I general, at home or on vacation, we avoid fried foods. I would rather eat grilled chicken than fried chicken, baked potato than french fries. I feel like this is easy to do at WDW as most eateries will substitute a side order of fruie or veggies for the french fries.
Princess Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #19
amyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Steph View Post
We try to make it to Boma at AKL. I feel like there are some great whole grain options, broiled Salmon, carved meats, grilled chicken, soups and salads, hummus and homemade pitas. Except for the kids section, not much is fried. The best part is I fill up on such healthy foods, I don't have room for the desserts!
I general, at home or on vacation, we avoid fried foods. I would rather eat grilled chicken than fried chicken, baked potato than french fries. I feel like this is easy to do at WDW as most eateries will substitute a side order of fruie or veggies for the french fries.
Thanks for responding. I love Boma but usually think of it in terms of desserts. I will look at it differently next time
Old 02-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #20
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Thanks for asking this question and for all of the responses. I am heading down for the Princess in two weeks and want to keep it healthy too. Here is one that I read somewhere else. I will be making it over to the Wilderness Lodge just for this meal.

Roaring Fork: Best vegan quick service entree on property: the Vegetarian Quinoa Wrap. It's really that simple, and it's only $8.99.

'85 Offsite, '92 Dolphin, '98 Offsite, '00 Offsite, '03 AS Sports, '05 AS Sports, '07 (Nov/Dec) POFQ, '09 POP, May '11 CSR, 2013 PRINCESS HALF TRIP!!!!

My "New goal, new me, new excitement!" Weight Loss & C25K Journal
gudrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #21
amyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudrench3 View Post
Thanks for asking this question and for all of the responses. I am heading down for the Princess in two weeks and want to keep it healthy too. Here is one that I read somewhere else. I will be making it over to the Wilderness Lodge just for this meal.

Roaring Fork: Best vegan quick service entree on property: the Vegetarian Quinoa Wrap. It's really that simple, and it's only $8.99.
The Vegetarian Quinoa Wrap is excellent!! Sometimes I can make two meals out of it. Enjoy
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #22
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

I just got a fitbit (2 days ago) and started using it in conjunction with sparkpeople. We are going down to the world next month and I really don't want to derail myself while we are there. I'm really worried about the drive down. I can pack lunch for the day we leave but it will probably be fast food for dinner and breakfast the next morning. We have reservations for Teppan Edo, Boma breakfast, Hacienda, and not sure what else. I'm going to try to find as much info on the different offerings as I can before we go. I usually find that what I "think" is a healthy option usually isn't. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #23
amyy

We are back and I will post some photos. I am glad to say I didn't gain any weight As much as I looked over all the menus I don't have a smart phone so we were sometimes caught without a plan. One surprise was at the Sci Fi restaurant in HS. I had the fruit off the dessert menu for my meal. It was a very nice portion and all fresh.

starwood-With planning you will stay on track Can you bring fruit or maybe protein bars so you don't have fast food? I like Lara bars and Kind bars. Maybe pack some vegetables and fruit with a pack of almonds. Sometimes when my husband would go to fast food I would make him take me to a grocery store and go into the salad bar. We went to Publix and Whole Foods. In our hotel room I had almond milk with chocolate protein powder almost every day for part of a meal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: