Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #2326
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

LoveMickeyMouse --- Thank you so much for posting that!!! I never thought to ask IPO.

DH will go crazy for scallops wrapped in bacon and spanikopita night!

We loved the scallops wrapped in bacon at WL CL.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #2327
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerish View Post
We currently have a reservation booked at the Beach Club Garden View for 10 nights June 14-24. But we are hoping to get the Yacht Club Standard or Garden View We are waiting for a possible deal so we can switch because the color scheme appeals to my party more!

Either way we are bringing bathing suits and making good use of SAB and Cape May.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Fingers crossed for an opening for you at YC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
So I called and changed my reservations last night and instead of a split stay with POR and BC we will be doing the entire 7 night stay at the BC now! I was hesitant because of money but our tax return is pretty awesome this year so we are splurging some more. Thanks to those who answered my questions about club level. We booked Standard at this point and I may just wait until we are there and if they have something better I may consider upgrading but for now we just plan to go deluxe resort the whole time and maybe do a few more character meals for the kids since we have a little extra money.

We will be there May 17 to 24th! Almost to our 100 day countdown and so excited!!!!

Thanks to all the awesome peeps on this thread for answering so many questions and posting pics!

I'll adjust your listing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #2328
natebenma
DIS Veteran

When you have a chance, please take a moment to look at the Be Our Guest list to make sure I have your info listed correctly. Thanks.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Last edited by natebenma; 02-03-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #2329
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

We are working on our flights for our trip. I had the bright idea of coming the night before on a late flight and spending that night at the pop or another value.

Here is my question....we are staying CL for the first time. I am really excited about the whole experience if we don't come in directly on ME to YC will it be a hassle to transfer everything over to the YC? Will we miss out on anything? And how early are we allowed in the lounge on the day u arrive?

Thanks everyone

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #2330
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by singastory View Post
Hi! This is BCV-related... I debated whether to put it in the DVC section but thought I would start here and ask the actual BC gurus first! Let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I was browsing through old BCV threads on google and came across one from 2009 (around the time they were switching out all of the tube tvs for flatscreens) where someone said a CM claimed BCV was due for a "major refurb" in 2013. Has anyone heard about this? Booking 11 months out makes me curious what the resort will look like when I actually get there! I much prefer the clean white linens of the regular BC rooms but am saving money by going through points.

On a personal note, I stayed at the YC in summer 2011 for a conference and the entire time I wished I was at BC... SO EXCITED! 2014 can't come soon enough.

Has anyone heard anything about an upcoming refurb at BCV? I think I remember hearing that there would be a soft rehab (change out of linens and things) soon, but I'm definitely not up on the goings-on at the villas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
I love all the details, helpfulness and friendliness on this thread. I'm trying to figure out the best room location to request for my mom and me. We are staying YC garden view.

We would love a full balcony. We like to refill our mugs ~ only places are Ale and Compass until noon, Hurricane Hannahs, and BC Marketplace, right? We would also like to be close to transportation. Any suggestions?
Since you are staying at YC, you should be all set with the balcony.

It sounds like a request of "Close to lobby, please" would be best for you. That would put you close to the refill station in the morning and transportation. You should decide if a first floor patio is ok or not, and add that to your request: "Cllose to lobby, not first floor, please"
Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #2331
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

I heard the same thing about the DVC resorts. They are all suppose to have a soft refurb by 2014. David's vacation club posted on his FB page not to long ago that they were starting SS. I asked about BCV but he didn't have any information at the time.

Some one posted on the DVC boards that they are replacing the spreads with triple sheets. Other than that I don't know anything else.

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #2332
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
We are working on our flights for our trip. I had the bright idea of coming the night before on a late flight and spending that night at the pop or another value.

Here is my question....we are staying CL for the first time. I am really excited about the whole experience if we don't come in directly on ME to YC will it be a hassle to transfer everything over to the YC? Will we miss out on anything? And how early are we allowed in the lounge on the day u arrive?

Thanks everyone
You will be able to use the lounge as soon as you check in that morning. Although the lounge is open 24 hours, I think the CMs are around, and the breakfast items are put out at 7 am.

I haven't done the whole transfering from one resort to another thing, but others here have, and I think the process was simple. But if you send your luggage through Bell Services, you may not have access to it until the afternoon. I'm not sure what I would recommend as far as luggage, because if your room isn't ready, you will have to check it in to Bell Services anyway while you are enjoying yourselves at the resort or park.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #2333
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab53085 View Post
Was just about to put my deposit down on our May trip and the Standard Views are all gone...least expensive level is Garden View! I guess it was meant to be LOL
I have been trying to move our dates to earlier in may and all I can get is water view which is $700 extra! Or I can shorten the trip or do a split stay. Not sure what to do. My just keep checking.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #2334
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
You will be able to use the lounge as soon as you check in that morning. Although the lounge is open 24 hours, I think the CMs are around, and the breakfast items are put out at 7 am.

I haven't done the whole transfering from one resort to another thing, but others here have, and I think the process was simple. But if you send your luggage through Bell Services, you may not have access to it until the afternoon. I'm not sure what I would recommend as far as luggage, because if your room isn't ready, you will have to check it in to Bell Services anyway while you are enjoying yourselves at the resort or park.
When I transfer I like to just take my luggage with me in a cab and do early check in. If I plan on using pool and not going to park I just take what I'll need in a separate tote. And I know my luggage is there. Many times we have lucked out and room has been ready.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #2335
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Was everybody busy trying the Sunken Treasures recipe?
I had to have one in person, doing research for Ninja Mom is a tough job
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #2336
DoleWhipMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post

Thanks everyone
We transferred twice last year; From POR to AKL then to YC. It was easy. Took our bags to Bell Services on our way out, went to a park then to the new resort, checked in, and our bags were in the room by late afternoon. Just take anything you need with you like bathing suites etc.
2001 Jul POLY, 2002 May POR, 2003 Oct POR, 2004 Aug/Sept USO HR, 2005 Jul USO PB, 2006 Aug/Sept POR, 2007 Jul USO PB, 2008 May USO RP, 2008 Aug/Sept WL, 2009 Aug/Sept POFQ, 2010 Sept BC, 2011 Aug/Sept BC, 2012 Aug/Sept POR/AKL/YC, 2013 Aug YC
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #2337
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Considering upgrading to a Lagoon/Pool view.....

We currently have a GV, but I really don't want some back of the woods view. With airline prices being so high I am back and forth on whether this would be worth it. I also don't want to spend the money and then someone says, "well you can see the corner of the pool over there"....and that's my view.

A view has never been a major priority, but being close to the lobby is. According to the link (even though older and possibly not 100% accurate)
http://web.archive.org/web/201107090...t/bcresort.htm there looks like there will be a better chance of getting a room close to the lobby if we upgrade.

If I stay with the GV, it looks like a lot of the rooms will either look over a courtyard on the lagoon side or if on the other side it might be facing EP, if so would we be able to see illuminations?

I guess I'm one of those people that if I could pay a fee (like you do with airlines to pick your seats) I would SOOOOOO pay a fee to WDW to pick out my room ahead of time. We had trips in the past where I was not happy with our room location (the years of the huge Moderate hotels) and it was a pain to relocate the rooms (we used to go at Thanksgiving time). Anyway, now it has turned into one of those pre-trip gitters!
We had a GV room facing the grassy area with the volleyball net. Although if u looked straight ahead you looked at the other side of BC in that courtyard, but if you looked to the right you looked at the lake and The Boardwalk. And it was close to lobby.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #2338
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

LoveMickeyMouse - I asked months ago about a menu for CL and no one had one. Thank you for sharing this info with all of us , you have made it so much easier to plan my dinners according to what the apps are for each night. Off to start planning.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #2339
Loves The Mouse
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! Been a lurker for awhile...lol just wanted to join in all the fun. I have enjoyed reading all the great information every one has been posting about the YC/BC. Thanks to everyone who posted! My husband and I are going for our 25th Anniversary April 29 - May 6. Staying at the YC club level SV. Wanted GV but it's sold out. To say I'm excited about staying at the Y/C is an understatement! Lol I can't wait, i'm especially excited staying CL..lol Thanks again for all the great info....
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #2340
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

I'm here lurking too
Quiet day everywhere I suppose!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: