Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #33
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeK120 View Post
I ate the turkey sandwich a couple of weeks ago and I'm not terribly surprised at the sodium content, given that it's served on garlic bread, which is typically a high-sodium type of item at many restaurants. I did go look at the nutritional content and I figure I at least kept my calories under control (especially since I ordered w/o the mustard) and got a lot of protein...

I always feel for people with dietary restrictions. I try to kind of watch what I eat, but when I'm on vacation I can (and do) eat whatever sounds good at the time. I have heard, though, that Disney is very accommodating to those with dietary restrictions, so when all else fails, I'd say to talk to a chef and see what they can whip up for you!

Good luck!

I thought the turkey sandwich was on a baguette? I have a tree nut allergy and that is one of the allergens in the sandwiches, the bread I imagine. Unless I inquired , I wouldn't have known. My point there was just reading the menu alone would not have helped.

Disney is very accommodating and I have had nothing but positive experiences, I just think disclosing the nutritional info. is a helpful planning tool. I wouldn't expect it too be 100% accurate as far as counts, however, it is nice to have an approximate guideline. Personally, I don't have a sodium heath issue, I just like to eat healthier in general and keep it in moderation at home. We rarely eat out , so I follow a pretty low-sodium,low-fat ,low-sugar and no processed foods diet at home. I eat mostly poultry, seafood ,veggies, fruit, whole grains and beans. On our trip in January, I provided our allergies and the Chefs did a great job! I failed to take in consideration the high sodium levels, figuring, hey, I'm on vacation, I'll be fine splurging a bit...wrong! Honestly, I ate things like grilled salmon and roasted chicken, salads, fruit,and veggies with some snacks mixed in, nothing fried(except for a couple beignets..oops!) and I still I felt miserable practically the entire time! I guess I shocked my system and my body rebelled

We have an August trip scheduled and I am trying to plan for healthier meals so I am not in agony the whole vacation, especially in the summer heat!

Last edited by glasslipper; 02-03-2013 at 07:00 AM.
glasslipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: