Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
jenabel
Earning My Ears

newbie questions...pregnant and going to the welsh festival!

Hello all,

we're booked to go to DLP from the 6th-10th March and I have a few questions if thats OK...

1st...I'm wondering what we can expect from the St Davids Welsh festival? Being proudly Welsh, we're really excited about being there for it but I'm having trouble finding many details about it (is it just that the characters dress up in welsh costumes or is there more to it than that?)

2nd...I wasn't pregnant when we booked, but I am now and will be roughly 4 months gone when we're there - I know theres quite a few rides I can't go on and I'm just wondering whether anybody else has experienced DLP whilst pregnant and how being pregnant affected their time at the resort?

Thanks for any info/advice you can give
jenabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Cariadbach
Mouseketeer

I can answer the first one!We went last year when the festival was on and tbh it was barely worth a mention!There were a few things going on in the Village but not much else!We did meet a few Welshies so felt right at home :D (We're Welsh too!!)

Previous Trips
*Daytrip 1992* *DCR 1995*
*DCR 1998* *Cheyenne October 2003*
*NPB September 2004* *Cheyenne March 2012*
*Cheyenne September 2013*
Cariadbach is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

We are off to DLP for the Welsh Festival too (7th - 13th March) There are normaly Welsh arts and crafts stalls in the Disney Village and there will be choirs from all over Wales singing on the festival stage during the weekend. Mickey and Minne dress up in their Welsh national costumes too.

In the evening Welsh bands play at Billy Bobs in the Village and on the Saturday night Dreams! ends with a green, white and red firework display.

The Sports Bar will will be busy Saturday afternoon as its Scotland v Wales in the rubgy that weekend too. They might show the match in Billy Bobs as well.

A full schedual of whats happening in the Park and the Village is published a week before the festival which you can down load from the DLP web site.

Have fun on your trip from a Welsh Disney fan
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:51 AM   #4
jenabel
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your replies...

If Wales are playing in the rugby I have no doubt where I'll end up on the saturday afternoon!
jenabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
lilacgems23
DIS Veteran

I have been twice when pregnant. If you go to City Hall they will give you a booklet which lists all the rides you can / can't go on. They will also give you an easy access pass. This means you can go to the front of the que for character meets and the rides your allowed on. You also get access to the disabled bays for parades and dreams which will have benches in for you to sit down.

The rides you can go on are Its a small world, storybook village, Buzz's laser blast, Studio Tram Tours, I THINK Phantom Manor.

Nov 2010 Cheyenne[/COLOR]
lilacgems23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: