Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Sephora and Cinderella....now Jasmine

In March Sephora is coming up with a new line of Disney princess makeup......Jasmine!! I couldn't live without the Cinderella Compact, and bought an extra one for my future daughter-in-law's (whoever knows when that's going to happen!!) 'something blue". Anyway, thought I'd share with the DIS brides!! Love everything romantic and Disney....the compact is very pretty!!

http://disneyweddingsblog.com/on-loc...tion-giveaway/

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

I had no idea about either of these collections!! Ahhh

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

I love the Cinderella perfume!!! Its so pretty! I used it the day of my wedding and since then have stocked up on some. I had heard that Sephora was discontinuing (from a customer service person at Sephora.com)the Cinderella line, and thought they were going to when the new line came out, but since then I asked Sephora again and they said no that they were not discontinuing it. Either way it is soooooo pretty!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco PJ & Newly Started Trip Report!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
stephbrooks87
Earning My Ears

fun! Thanks for the tip!
stephbrooks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Did anyone get the OPI Cinderella collection at Sephora?
Love the golden color.....Picked it up in DL in October. Wish I had thought of buying extra for gifts.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

interesting...
Old 02-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
Ember
I've also crazy glued myself to many things
I'm calling it a victory. At least until next time

Oh my goodness, I hadn't even heard about the Disney collection at Sephora... Talk about instant "want!" I hate that Sephora won't ship to Australia. I'll have to see if I can find some of the collection on eBay because now I must have some! Lol
Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #8
ariel_
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink
In March Sephora is coming up with a new line of Disney princess makeup......Jasmine!! I couldn't live without the Cinderella Compact, and bought an extra one for my future daughter-in-law's (whoever knows when that's going to happen!!) 'something blue". Anyway, thought I'd share with the DIS brides!! Love everything romantic and Disney....the compact is very pretty!!
Oh my gosh I think that's so sweet that you've saved one away for your future daughter-in-law! I wish I'd known about this when I was over at Christmas, I'd have loved one of those! I think I'll have to get searching eBay like the PP
ariel_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

my sephora order with all my Jasmine goodies is scheduled to arrive today!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

oh man this forum is going to be the death of me! I want the cinderella makeup now!! Also what does the perfume smell like... super floral, fruity ect.
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldora
oh man this forum is going to be the death of me! I want the cinderella makeup now!! Also what does the perfume smell like... super floral, fruity ect.
It smells princessy!!!!! Sooooo pretty!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco PJ & Newly Started Trip Report!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #12
princessvirginia
And at Last, I See the Light

I was at the DFTW Bridal Showcase a month ago and got to see the entire line of Jasmine products up-close-- Sephora was there giving makeovers with the actual makeup and manicures with the nail polish and I have pictures of the products, people getting made up and my MOH that came with me sporting the makeup and I will happily post if anyone is interested.

It's just my opinion (I am a Disney Princess NUT) but I was NOT wild about the Cinderella perfume last fall. I liked it just fine but it smelled like Tiana to me-- all water and water lilies and young and fresh in an outdoorsy kind of way. Cinderella should smell sweet and glamorous, to me. BUT... Jasmine's perfume "A Whole New World" was completely different. It's spicy and sweet at the same time and REALLY sexy.

I also got a bit of "insider info" on the Princesses Sephora line, if anyone is interested in that, too. *dramatic music*

Trips:

WDW: March '05 off-site , '08 WDWCP, , August '10 CV & WDW off-site , August '12 CVI & WDW (Got Engaged at Cinderella Castle) all-star music
princessvirginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #13
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

I would live to hear about the princess line! Thanks

Jodi
Old 03-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #14
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=princessvirginia;47705509
I also got a bit of "insider info" on the Princesses Sephora line, if anyone is interested in that, too. *dramatic music*[/QUOTE]

Me! Me! Me!!!! Who is next?

Now I'm hooked on the Urban Decay Oz Great & Powerful Pallets (and OPI fingernail polish) All these companies making their money for/through Disney!! Now, Disney says their coming up with their OWN makeup line!! I have a feeling they just used Sephora, Urban Decay, OPI as a test bed!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
princessvirginia
And at Last, I See the Light

So sorry ladies-- I got tied up for so long!!!

I actually have a little story about the new Jasmine collection, too--it's been on their website for a while, and was supposed to come out in stores this past Sunday, the 17th. (My MOH is a Jasmine NUT and was checking her Sephora like every other day).

She went Monday after work and they were out of almost everything-- already! She got the perfume and they gave her a voucher for free shipping for the rest online, so she ordered it that night.

She was upset most about the compact, because it was her favorite item at the Bridal Showcase, she held the sample one in the store and they were out there AND online.

Anywho, I waddled into my Sephora and asked about the line (I didn't even SEE the display and was a bit worried) and they said it wasn't out yet in stores. Riiiiight. So I told them what was going on and after "checking" with the backroom, they brought out a compact out and sold it to me from the backroom! Woot! The really helpful girl there told me that they were only sent three (and yes, mine was one of those!) so she understood how MOH's store was out a day later.

Anyways, back to the Sephora line and why I'm posting!

At the Bridal Showcase, I asked the Sephora rep if Sephora and Disney were going forward with the line and he said yes, Jasmine is the *second* Princess in what will hopefully be a nice long series.

I asked him how many more would come out this year, as I was going to buy them as gifts for my 'maids (and myself). He asked when my wedding was-- I told him April 2014-- and he thought for a second and told me only one other would be released by then, and that is *third* Princess in the series, scheduled to come out in July of THIS year.

I lost my mind at this point (I am a Princess fanatic, if you can't tell) and told him it had to be Belle, she is my absolute favorite and I am hoping to channel her on my wedding day-- and he laughed and said "Belle, huh? I'll, uh... I'll keep that in mind."

My MOH and I think that, while BOTH collections offer a nice range of colors for all skintones, the Jasmine collection clearly favors darker/warmer skin tones, and hotter seasons (for Summer's tans!) BATB as a movie is a perfect Autumn palette, with lots of rich jewel tones, and would be a good compliment to the the two others.

I have Belle's coloring, so most of the Cinderella colors are too icy/cool for me, and most of the Jasmine colors are too warm/dark-- so they've got to get something us neutral-colored pale ones can wear. (Plus, just imagine the rose-scented "Tale as Old as Time" perfume!!!)

But let me just say... if Belle really is next, I am CAMPING OUT to make sure I get it all, especially after seeing how popular the other two have been. And if it's not Belle, I'd love to see Rapunzel most (I'm pretty sure I'd buy "I See the Light" perfume by the gallon, that's my favorite Disney song!!!)

Enough from me. Which Princess would you like most to see next?

Trips:

WDW: March '05 off-site , '08 WDWCP, , August '10 CV & WDW off-site , August '12 CVI & WDW (Got Engaged at Cinderella Castle) all-star music
princessvirginia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: